Lyriie

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Pronouns
She/Her
Screenshot_1.png

Hello everyone, welcome back to another edition of Community Highlights! For anyone who is new here, in this series I compile lots of information about amazing updates, community content and user activity over the latest month into just one thread. You can find the previous edition here. Before we get started, I have an important announcement about the future of this thread series.

❗ Important: Please read!

After a lot a thinking, I have decided that the Hall of Fame and Community Statistics sections of this thread will not be available in future editions. I know that many of you love these sections, but to be completely honest, I have been doing this for 1.5 years and I just don't want to do it anymore. It's such a huge time sink for me. I'm talking multiple full days of work, and all that gets seen is the top 3 users for each category, plus 3 or 4 people who request their stats from me privately.

This is where I need to hear from all of you. Would you like for me to continue this thread series at all? That would mean that we will only have the General Changes and Community Spotlight section. Here are some considerations I have made that could make up for the removed sections, but keep in mind that nothing is final yet.
  • Adding more detail to the descriptions of the major updates/changes, giving it more of a newspaper-like feel. Perhaps some images to add some colour, too? Smaller changes will 100% still be covered.
  • More featured threads, and/or more detailed descriptions provided for each of them.
  • Including content from the Discord server, such as creations and suggestions from the community corner channel. I have had concerns about this in the past and it may not be easy, but I will look into it.
  • Let me know if you have any more ideas! I won't be taking on anything too time-consuming.

General Changes 🌌

June 3rd:
  • A new cosmetic category known as epic loot has been released, with the first epic loot item being the shatter kill effect. You can read the official news post here.
June 4th:
  • Java rank pricing has been updated. Existing subscriptions maintain their current price - the new prices only affect new subscriptions.
June 6th:
  • caraMel is no longer a moderator.
June 7th:
  • Basketman, Eli and JokeKaedee joined the helper team.
June 8th:
June 9th:
  • TheOrderOfSapphire is no longer a moderator.
June 13th:
  • In the Discord changelog, a major rework to matchmaking was announced. I'll send the whole thing here for the benefit of users who don't have access to Discord.
    • Auto mode for joining games automatically after you are eliminated has been removed.
    • Map selection at the end of games has been added to Java.
    • When you are in a game at the end, you are sent to a new game instead of back to a lobby.
    • Major reliability tweaks should allow games to fill faster and make your party less likely to be split between teams.
    • Map selection now does not care if a game is available, so you can pick from any map, regardless of whether it's open.
    • The new system is only available for games migrated to it. It will take a while for these changes to roll out to each game, but you'll be able to tell when it's been migrated, as when you join a game on the new system, you'll be put into a queue. Currently, no games have any of these new features but they will start over the coming weeks.
    • Also, for anyone with Private games: Only games on the new system will be available to create with private games for now.
June 16th:
  • Java Helper applications have been closed.
June 20th:
  • CubeCraft League was added to the public update board. This will be a new Discord server for the competitive community that runs official tournaments.
June 23rd:
  • Kazwa is no longer a senior moderator.
  • Kloska is no longer a moderator.
  • Swedish Discord tickets have been removed, as we no longer have enough Swedish-speaking moderators to maintain them.
June 24th:
  • The new galaxy bundle and some galaxy themed maps have been released. Below is a list of what items the bundle contains. You can read the official news post here.
    • Stardust Trail
    • Astropal Buddy
    • Celestial Wings Cage
    • Star Guardian Cage
    • Stardust Arrow Trail
    • Nebula Egg Skin
    • Lunarian Shop Skin
    • Dimension Chest Skin
    • Galaxy Prefix
    • Nebula Prefix
    • Stars Prefix
    • Supernova Prefix
June 27th:
  • BlockWars 5v5 has returned for CTF and Bridges.
June 28th:
  • On the public update board, the summer update has been moved into testing and scheduled for release on July 2nd. Check out the new previews it has received here!

Community Spotlight 🌌

⚔️ New kill messages for Java ⚔️
  • This is a reposted suggestion by Loskol which has gained a lot of popularity and has recently been implemented. It suggests to add the kill messages from the old plus rank into the new obsidian subscription rank.
New Bundle: Primordial Bundle
  • This is one of many new bundle suggestions made this month. This community's creativity is amazing, and I tried to include as many as I could! This one is by Hoshi, and suggests a bundle themed around dinosaurs and cavemen.
Introducing the Cat Bundle🐈
  • The next bundle idea should be a favourite for the cat lovers out there! BurgerCat13 introduces the cat bundle, packed with twelve cat-themed cosmetic ideas. It even comes with pictures!
Statistics QoL
  • Next, let's have something different. This next thread is a quality of life suggestion for CubeCraft's statistics system, made by Blom. Quality of life changes like these can be very small, but they can still improve user experience.
Music Bundle 🎶
  • Now for another bundle idea, this one is the music bundle created by Reesle! Music is of course very popular, so this bundle, if added, could be a popular choice!
Top 10 Best Updates of All Time
  • I've included this thread by Blom because it's not a suggestion and I think it's quite a fun idea. Blom lists his opinion on the top 10 best CubeCraft updates, and he has also made another thread on, in his opinion, the worst updates. It really gets you thinking - what's your personal ranking of the best and worst updates?
THE DRAGON BUNDLE 🐲
  • Finally, one more bundle suggestion. This one is once again suggested by BurgerCat13, and it's themed on dragons. There's 15 cosmetic suggestions, including custom kill messages, which is not something often thought about for bundles. Go check out the idea for yourself!

Hall of Fame 🌌

Most Forum Messages
Out of 206 users, here are the top 3:
Most Forum Profile Posts
Out of 188 users, here are the top 3:
Most Forum Reaction Score
Out of 302 users, here are the top 3:
Highest Reaction to Post Ratio
Out of 58 users, here are the top 3:
Most Discord Messages
Thank you to Fesa for providing these stats!
  • mappecoy - 5,934 messages
  • burgercat13 - 4,306 messages
  • xi1m. - 3,694 messages

Notice: You can request your own hall of fame stats from me by sending a public reply to this thread or by starting a private conversation with me here.

Community Statistics 🌌
  • 506 new members joined the forums this month (89 more than May)
  • 177 threads were posted on the forums this month (25 more than May)
  • 1,294 messages were sent on the forums this month (105 more than May)
  • 2,278 profile posts were made on the forums this month (665 less than May)
  • 5,326 reactions were used on the forums this month (1,292 less than May)
  • 162,632 messages were sent on the Discord server this month (11,298 less than May)
  • 1,157 tickets were opened on the Discord server this month (134 less than May)
  • 1,389 new members joined the Discord server this month (??? more than May)

Thank you for reading, everyone! If you think there is anything important that I have missed or if you find any inaccuracies, please send a reply below or contact me privately here!

Last edited:

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Thanks for taking your time to make community highlights for so long now! They have been interesting to read so far, and I would be interested to see them in the future too, even with just General Changes and Community Spotlights.

• This is a reposted suggestion by Loskol which has gained a lot of popularity and has also been marked as planned. It suggests to add the kill messages from the old plus rank into the new obsidian subscription rank.
This actually just got implemented to Java last week! It just hasn't been updated to my suggestion just yet. I have really enjoyed the new feature so far!

Attachments

• 2024-06-29_12.15.24.png
    2024-06-29_12.15.24.png
    44 KB · Views: 7
  • Heart
Reactions: Lyriie

Lyriie

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Pronouns
She/Her
This actually just got implemented to Java last week! It just hasn't been updated to my suggestion just yet. I have really enjoyed the new feature so far!
Thank you for the clarification!

Reactions: Loskol

Mr Jii Gamer

Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Hello everyone, welcome back to another edition of Community Highlights! For anyone who is new here, in this series I compile lots of information about amazing updates, community content and user activity over the latest month into just one thread. You can find the previous edition here. Before we get started, I have an important announcement about the future of this thread series.

After a lot a thinking, I have decided that the Hall of Fame and Community Statistics sections of this thread will not be available in future editions. I know that many of you love these sections, but to be completely honest, I have been doing this for 1.5 years and I just don't want to do it anymore. It's such a huge time sink for me. I'm talking multiple full days of work, and all that gets seen is the top 3 users for each category, plus 3 or 4 people who request their stats from me privately.

This is where I need to hear from all of you. Would you like for me to continue this thread series at all? That would mean that we will only have the General Changes and Community Spotlight section. Here are some considerations I have made that could make up for the removed sections, but keep in mind that nothing is final yet.
  • Adding more detail to the descriptions of the major updates/changes, giving it more of a newspaper-like feel. Perhaps some images to add some colour, too? Smaller changes will 100% still be covered.
  • More featured threads, and/or more detailed descriptions provided for each of them.
  • Including content from the Discord server, such as creations and suggestions from the community corner channel. I have had concerns about this in the past and it may not be easy, but I will look into it.
  • Let me know if you have any more ideas! I won't be taking on anything too time-consuming.

General Changes 🌌

June 3rd:
  • A new cosmetic category known as epic loot has been released, with the first epic loot item being the shatter kill effect. You can read the official news post here.
June 4th:
  • Java rank pricing has been updated. Existing subscriptions maintain their current price - the new prices only affect new subscriptions.
June 6th:
June 7th:
June 8th:
June 9th:
June 13th:
  • In the Discord changelog, a major rework to matchmaking was announced. I'll send the whole thing here for the benefit of users who don't have access to Discord.
    • Auto mode for joining games automatically after you are eliminated has been removed.
    • When you are in a game at the end, you are sent to a new game instead of back to a lobby.
    • Major reliability tweaks should allow games to fill faster and make your party less likely to be split between teams.
    • Map selection now does not care if a game is available, so you can pick from any map, regardless of whether it's open.
    • The new system is only available for games migrated to it. It will take a while for these changes to roll out to each game, but you'll be able to tell when it's been migrated, as when you join a game on the new system, you'll be put into a queue. Currently, no games have any of these new features but they will start over the coming weeks.
    • Also, for anyone with Private games: Only games on the new system will be available to create with private games for now.
June 16th:
June 20th:
  • CubeCraft League was added to the public update board. This will be a new Discord server for the competitive community that runs official tournaments.
June 23rd:
  • Swedish Discord tickets have been removed, as we no longer have enough Swedish-speaking moderators to maintain them.
June 24th:
  • The new galaxy bundle and some galaxy themed maps have been released. Below is a list of what items the bundle contains. You can read the official news post here.
    • Stardust Trail
    • Astropal Buddy
    • Celestial Wings Cage
    • Star Guardian Cage
    • Stardust Arrow Trail
    • Nebula Egg Skin
    • Lunarian Shop Skin
    • Dimension Chest Skin
    • Galaxy Prefix
    • Nebula Prefix
    • Stars Prefix
    • Supernova Prefix
June 27th:
June 28th:
  • On the public update board, the summer update has been moved into testing and scheduled for release on July 2nd. Check out the new previews it has received here!

Community Spotlight 🌌

• This is a reposted suggestion by Loskol which has gained a lot of popularity and has recently been implemented. It suggests to add the kill messages from the old plus rank into the new obsidian subscription rank.
  • This is one of many new bundle suggestions made this month. This community's creativity is amazing, and I tried to include as many as I could! This one is by Hoshi, and suggests a bundle themed around dinosaurs and cavemen.
  • The next bundle idea should be a favourite for the cat lovers out there! BurgerCat13 introduces the cat bundle, packed with twelve cat-themed cosmetic ideas. It even comes with pictures!
Statistics QoL
  • Next, let's have something different. This next thread is a quality of life suggestion for CubeCraft's statistics system, made by Blom. Quality of life changes like these can be very small, but they can still improve user experience.
Music Bundle 🎶
  • Now for another bundle idea, this one is the music bundle created by Reesle! Music is of course very popular, so this bundle, if added, could be a popular choice!
  • I've included this thread by Blom because it's not a suggestion and I think it's quite a fun idea. Blom lists his opinion on the top 10 best CubeCraft updates, and he has also made another thread on, in his opinion, the worst updates. It really gets you thinking - what's your personal ranking of the best and worst updates?
THE DRAGON BUNDLE 🐲
  • Finally, one more bundle suggestion. This one is once again suggested by BurgerCat13, and it's themed on dragons. There's 15 cosmetic suggestions, including custom kill messages, which is not something often thought about for bundles. Go check out the idea for yourself!

Hall of Fame 🌌

Most Forum Messages
Most Forum Profile Posts
Most Discord Messages
  • xi1m. - 3,694 messages

Notice: You can request your own hall of fame stats from me by sending a public reply to this thread or by starting a private conversation with me here.

Community Statistics 🌌
  • 162,632 messages were sent on the Discord server this month (11,298 less than May)
  • 1,157 tickets were opened on the Discord server this month (134 less than May)

Thank you for reading, everyone! If you think there is anything important that I have missed or if you find any inaccuracies, please send a reply below or contact me privately here!
Thank you for this community highlights and i really love to read it and its so amazing for the information that contain and i will miss it a lot but you are still the best 🤍✨

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him

General Changes 🌌

June 3rd:
June 4th:
June 6th:
June 7th:
June 8th:
June 9th:
June 13th:
June 16th:
June 20th:
June 23rd:
June 24th:
    • Stardust Trail
    • Astropal Buddy
    • Celestial Wings Cage
    • Star Guardian Cage
    • Stardust Arrow Trail
    • Nebula Egg Skin
    • Lunarian Shop Skin
    • Dimension Chest Skin
    • Galaxy Prefix
    • Nebula Prefix
    • Stars Prefix
    • Supernova Prefix
June 27th:
June 28th:

Community Spotlight 🌌

Statistics QoL
Music Bundle 🎶
THE DRAGON BUNDLE 🐲

Hall of Fame 🌌

Most Forum Messages
Most Forum Profile Posts
Most Discord Messages
  • xi1m. - 3,694 messages

Community Statistics 🌌

YES!! 3x top 3!!!

YES!! 3x top 3!!!
And a very good job!!!

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Great thread as always Lyriie! Thanks for featuring my Music Bundle suggestion! 😊
Even if the Hall of Fame and Community Statistics section are getting removed, I would still like to see this thread series continue. This is the only place where I can see updates that were only announced in Discord. Also, I like being able to see the Community Spotlight section and check out the threads that I missed.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
1719846564858.png

Depending on how time-consuming everything is, I would love to see more of the newspaper vibes you described. Since The CubeCraft Times is not a thing anymore, I think there is still a slight demand for something like it. A little more of that vibe would already be great in my opinion.

Just, whatever you do, make sure you don't overwork yourself. If you like to continue, please do, but if it is just too much, please also think about yourself. Know that your work is appreciated and I love to see my posts make it up onto the highlights!

Lyriie

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Pronouns
She/Her
Even if the Hall of Fame and Community Statistics section are getting removed, I would still like to see this thread series continue. This is the only place where I can see updates that were only announced in Discord. Also, I like being able to see the Community Spotlight section and check out the threads that I missed.
Thank you for your feedback! I'll make sure to put some extra focus on Discord changelog/announcements to be sure you don't miss anything.
Depending on how time-consuming everything is, I would love to see more of the newspaper vibes you described. Since The CubeCraft Times is not a thing anymore, I think there is still a slight demand for something like it. A little more of that vibe would already be great in my opinion.
Funnily enough, this was something that I considered not too long ago. I even considered having a team of writers/proofreaders much like The CubeCraft Times used to have, but as nice as it would be, I'm not sure having a team for this is needed. Thank you for your feedback!

• Heart
Reactions: Blom and Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
Why did you not join finny's party?
TDF Fact stage 5-
Winner: Mark Cavendish!!!!!!
Mark Cavendish finally reached his biggest goal ever after 2 years of trying, in a chaotic sprint cause of a crash he was truly the best!
Fact: Mark Cavendish got his 35th Tour de France stage win, with that he finally overtook Eddy Merckx (Known as the best cyclist ever).
WorriedSkate940 wrote on L1kii's profile.
BestLiki12 👀
Top Bottom