Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello Java CubeCrafters!

Today, we're here to give you something special: We're adding Team Lucky Islands back to our Java network. This is a limited-time game, so it won't stay away forever!

Team Lucky Islands is now available on Java, with many classic maps returning as Teams of 2 & 4!

Stonehedge

Stonehedge.jpg

Oasis

Oasis.jpg

Firehouse

Firehouse.jpg

Treehouse

Treehouse.jpg

Science

Science.jpg

Thanks for reading, we hope you have some awesome games on Team Lucky Islands, see you soon!

NADER KANAAN

Nov 3, 2023
Lebanon
Good cool nice
Hello Java CubeCrafters!

Today, we're here to give you something special: We're adding Team Lucky Islands back to our Java network. This is a limited-time game, so it won't stay away forever!

Team Lucky Islands is now available on Java, with many classic maps returning as Teams of 2 & 4!

Thanks for reading, we hope you have some awesome games on Team Lucky Islands, see you soon!

Reactions: FloodedVoyage45

Kloska

Forum Veteran
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
This isn't old - it's new to Java! The reason that it has been in development for so long is because CubeCraft had to make it on a whole other version.
It's very much a return of an og game mode! However they had to update it to the new server base standard and the new queue system which was likely why it took a while.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I was hoping for it to be something new not just an old gamemode 😭 Why was it in development/testing for so long since it was old
Just to give a little run down and I'm going to be honest with some things xd. You're completely right, the update was in the "in progress" section on our public notion board. But that doesn't mean from day it's in development. It means that the update is in progress in our system, in discussions internally, in development, etc, and whilst things are in progress, it doesn't mean that 100% of the time our team is working on it.

Being open about Team Lucky Islands, for example, we discussed it internally. Then we added it to the public board, but we didn't act on it for weeks due to other priorities, timelines, resources, people away on holiday, everything impacts release dates. Team Lucky Islands was a pretty fast and easy thing to get out, but it wasn't a top priority, as we had other things behind the scenes we were working on.

Another example, the "EggWars Update" on the public board at the time, hasn't even started development. Due to resource allocation, priorities etc. It's in the planning stages of what we want in the update, we have an idea, then we'll assign it to a developer. I just can't give an ETA on it, sadly. I think people need to be a little relaxed with the public update board; it's not extremely strict. Treat "In progress" as "on our radar" lol.

Hope that clears some things up, any questions, lmk! 💙

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
So cool to see Cubecraft listening to the community with this update! I recall seeing MANY posts about adding back Lucky Island To4 since Sept 2022.
Cubecraft W

Would be cool if you were to do this sort of LTM with Tower Defence and Minerware too, as I also often see those get suggested to be added back as well.

Also please please PLEASE add Lucky Islands To2 to bedrock sometime in the future 🙏

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

YeoXuHang wrote on Sweetenerera's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on UltraGameCoder's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Wave Master7S's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌊 🎂
Reesle wrote on Sweetenerera's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🍰🎈
Top Bottom