Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see some more Forum Trophies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Heya peoples! 👋

As you probably know - since we're all chilling on the Forums here - these things called forum trophy points exist which you can obtain by doing particular tasks. Upon obtaining a set count of trophy points, you will get the next forum rank. Here is a list of all of them:
Novice Member: 30 Trophy Points
Well-Known Member: 75 Trophy Points
Dedicated Member: 150 Trophy Points
Forum Expert: 250 Trophy Points
Forum Veteran: 400 Trophy Points
Forum Professional: 550 Trophy Points
Forum Legend: 704 Trophy Points
Forum God: 743 Trophy Points

It is highly likely that you have not seen many users with a forum rank listed in the second half of the rank list. Here is a list of the top 20 accounts with the most trophy points. It's incredibly difficult to obtain some of the trophies that grant a bunch of points, as they are mostly locked behind having 2K+ messages and a certain like/message ratio. I think this is fair, since it challenges users to actually post good quality content.

However, when you count up all of the points that you can obtain, you will notice that it is actually lower than the requirement for Forum God: A total of 734 points can be awarded to users for getting all available trophies. One of the trophies that awards 5 points is actually impossible to get since it requires you to "Have been a developer, then broke and subsequently fixed the production network." It is locked behind a certain role and a certain action, meaning it is and likely will be impossible to ever obtain for the majority of the member base. This means that only a total of 729/743 points can be obtained, making the Forum God rank a non-viable goal: it's a solid 14 points away from being obtainable. Now, onto the suggestion.

📈 Changing Trophy Point Values

Firstly, I would like to suggest changing some of the point values of some existing trophies. Here is a list of some that I think should be changed:
1723721629553.png

I think the amount of trophy points awarded for this trophy is ridiculously low. In my opinion, it should be increased to at least 25 points, which would already technically make Forum God obtainable. 5K posts is a lot, and nowadays is nearly impossible to get. Look at this trophy, for instance, which has a way higher reward for less posts (but a higher l/p ratio):

1723721818008.png

This is much more rewarding.
1723722023652.png

1723722035793.png

1723722067441.png

1723722056407.png

1723722075451.png

1723722086615.png

While I agree that having been a member of the forums for several years is an amazing achievement in itself, I think locking a lot of the trophy points behind such a requirement is a bit limiting, especially for newer members. It doesn't require any effort to obtain: you could have created an account in 2013, logged out, and never looked at the Forums ever again and still rack up this insane amount of trophy points (115). This amount could nearly cover the entirety of the "most points" leaderboard, if you already had a lot of other points.

I do think these trophies should grant points, but rather less. I think 1/5/5/10/10/20 would be much better as users would still feel rewarded and they can show it off, while it doesn't have as large of an impact on people's trophy point count.

💡 New Trophies

Additionally, I think the Forums could use some new trophies to freshen up the goals for users, since they are essentially achievements. I had some ideas myself and will list them here, but feel free to add any ideas that you have as well. I'd love to hear what you think should be added.
DISCLAIMER: I don't know to what extent these ideas are possible, so don't get your hopes up.
Post on someone else's profile - 1 point
Participate in a thread in the Forum Games sub forum - 2 points
Get a total of 100 Agree reactions - 10 points
Earn a place on a Forum leaderboard - 30 points

1723723839924.png
Become or have been a member of Team CubeCraft - 5 points

While yes, this is another trophy that would only be rewarded to particular members and the whole idea of the suggestion is to make the trophy points more accessible, I think this particular trophy would not be as impossible to obtain as the Developer one. Becoming a part of the moderation team is something many of us work or have worked towards and with enough effort, it is very much possible. It is a notable achievement and I don't think it should be out of the question to give out the occasional trophy for something like this: It's just 5 points. Additionally, it would count for anyone in Team CubeCraft: Volunteers, Admins, Designers and the QA team.
Currently, there are already a few trophies that are awarded for ONLY getting a set amount of reaction score, which stops at 1,000. The order is as follows: 1/25/100/250/500/1,000.

I would personally say it's actually relatively easy to get above 1K reaction score if you put some decent effort into it. I think it should continue with 2,500/5,000/10,000. At the point of reaching a 10,000 positive reaction score, you're halfway through the "highest reaction score" leaderboard: that is a real achievement.

I would love to see some more trophies make their way onto the Forums. What do you think?

TheOrderOfSapphire

Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2022
Sweden
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Heya peoples! 👋

As you probably know - since we're all chilling on the Forums here - these things called forum trophy points exist which you can obtain by doing particular tasks. Upon obtaining a set count of trophy points, you will get the next forum rank. Here is a list of all of them:

It is highly likely that you have not seen many users with a forum rank listed in the second half of the rank list. Here is a list of the top 20 accounts with the most trophy points. It's incredibly difficult to obtain some of the trophies that grant a bunch of points, as they are mostly locked behind having 2K+ messages and a certain like/message ratio. I think this is fair, since it challenges users to actually post good quality content.

However, when you count up all of the points that you can obtain, you will notice that it is actually lower than the requirement for Forum God: A total of 734 points can be awarded to users for getting all available trophies. One of the trophies that awards 5 points is actually impossible to get since it requires you to "Have been a developer, then broke and subsequently fixed the production network." It is locked behind a certain role and a certain action, meaning it is and likely will be impossible to ever obtain for the majority of the member base. This means that only a total of 729/743 points can be obtained, making the Forum God rank a non-viable goal: it's a solid 14 points away from being obtainable. Now, onto the suggestion.

Firstly, I would like to suggest changing some of the point values of some existing trophies. Here is a list of some that I think should be changed:
View attachment 232643
I think the amount of trophy points awarded for this trophy is ridiculously low. In my opinion, it should be increased to at least 25 points, which would already technically make Forum God obtainable. 5K posts is a lot, and nowadays is nearly impossible to get. Look at this trophy, for instance, which has a way higher reward for less posts (but a higher l/p ratio):

View attachment 232644
View attachment 232645
View attachment 232646
View attachment 232648
View attachment 232647
View attachment 232649
View attachment 232650
While I agree that having been a member of the forums for several years is an amazing achievement in itself, I think locking a lot of the trophy points behind such a requirement is a bit limiting, especially for newer members. It doesn't require any effort to obtain: you could have created an account in 2013, logged out, and never looked at the Forums ever again and still rack up this insane amount of trophy points (115). This amount could nearly cover the entirety of the "most points" leaderboard, if you already had a lot of other points.

I do think these trophies should grant points, but rather less. I think 1/5/5/10/10/20 would be much better as users would still feel rewarded and they can show it off, while it doesn't have as large of an impact on people's trophy point count.

💡 New Trophies

Additionally, I think the Forums could use some new trophies to freshen up the goals for users, since they are essentially achievements. I had some ideas myself and will list them here, but feel free to add any ideas that you have as well. I'd love to hear what you think should be added.
DISCLAIMER: I don't know to what extent these ideas are possible, so don't get your hopes up.

View attachment 232651

While yes, this is another trophy that would only be rewarded to particular members and the whole idea of the suggestion is to make the trophy points more accessible, I think this particular trophy would not be as impossible to obtain as the Developer one. Becoming a part of the moderation team is something many of us work or have worked towards and with enough effort, it is very much possible. It is a notable achievement and I don't think it should be out of the question to give out the occasional trophy for something like this: It's just 5 points. Additionally, it would count for anyone in Team CubeCraft: Volunteers, Admins, Designers and the QA team.
Currently, there are already a few trophies that are awarded for ONLY getting a set amount of reaction score, which stops at 1,000. The order is as follows: 1/25/100/250/500/1,000.

I would personally say it's actually relatively easy to get above 1K reaction score if you put some decent effort into it. I think it should continue with 2,500/5,000/10,000. At the point of reaching a 10,000 positive reaction score, you're halfway through the "highest reaction score" leaderboard: that is a real achievement.

I would love to see some more trophies make their way onto the Forums. What do you think?
Well written post, good work! I read through all of it and I absolutely enjoyed it, I also do agree with the things you mentioned above. Thank you for this interesting post:D

hoppyfrog28_

Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
This should definitely be implemented. As of right now the top 2 ranks are still unowned by anyone (although @Priley will get the Forum Legend rank in a little less than a year). I think some trophies also need to be reworked as they are a little buggy right now.

Another trophy suggestion - amounts of followers (1, 5, 10, 20, etc). Right now there are no trophies like this.

I also strongly agree with this. Right now you can be a well-known member just by being registered for 5 years - you don't even have to post a single message, which I think is a little messed up.

In conclusion, trophies really need to be updated and I strongly agree with this suggestion :agree: .

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Great suggestion! I’ve been wanting to see a trophy rework/update for a while!

Here are some more potential trophy ideas
  • Have over 250 votes throughout all the polls you’ve made (10 points)
  • Create 5 suggestions that got over 20 :agree: (15 points)
  • Create 100 successful Bedrock player reports via the Forums (10 points)
  • Create 500 successful Bedrock player reports via the Forums (25 points)
  • Post 10 attachments (memes) in the thread “CCG Memes“ (5 points)

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
Great suggestion! I’ve been wanting to see a trophy rework/update for a while!

Here are some more potential trophy ideas
  • Create 100 successful player reports (Java and/or Bedrock) via the Forums (10 points)
  • Create 500 successful player reports (Java and/or Bedrock) via the Forums (25 points)
Just a note, the java reports arent linked to your forums account, Its a whole sep account

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
  • Create 100 successful Bedrock player reports via the Forums (10 points)
  • Create 500 successful Bedrock player reports via the Forums (25 points)
I love these ideas, but like @blazingwind47 said, the Java reports account is separate from the Passport account. Honestly, I think it would be a good idea to migrate them over to Passport, but for now it's just not possible.

Oops, didn’t know that. Will just change it to Bedrock.
Unfortunately, this would mean that certain trophy points would be locked behind a certain platform. Some Java players do not own a Bedrock copy of the game and vice versa. I don't think it's fair to limit users this way. Either have both or none at all.

Eli

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
It's always a good day when a forum user makes a forum thread about the forums in the CubeCraft forums.

It is highly likely that you have not seen many users with a forum rank listed in the second half of the rank list.
This is true, here is a graph of the distribution of forum titles on all users. (Data taken on April 30th, 2024) As you can see, out of the 352,381 forum users at the time, only 166 have reached a title of Forum Expert or above. And currently no-one holds the Forum Legend title. So I do agree providing more trophy points is suitable, because the forum title distribution is massively disproportionate.

1723733388228.png

Oh yeah, just reached out to @Camezonda he has very kindly lowered Forum God to 729. So, hooray!

Agreed, I would up it to 50 points, considering the reward for 4k messages and 100% gives you 40. And its reasonable to expect that as your message count increases your ratio will decrease.

I understand your point, and this is a real issue, because we have TONS of accounts with 0 messages and super high trophy points, simply because of the years trophies.

But I do not think reducing already existing trophies is the way to go. I understand why you think having several trophies be locked behind years of waiting time is not super ideal, but they exist to reward our oldest users, and I think it is fair to keep them the way they are, because they've all already earned these points.

I also think that a mix between adding new trophies (especially the 100 agree one) and reducing these registration year trophies, would only heavily benefit forum users who are active today. But let's not forget there are thousands of users who were very active back in the day and have done massive contributions to the server, and they deserve their recognition to remain. Truly it is up to the newer users to find their way to the top, it wasn't easy for our older users either.

I agree with all your new forum trophy suggestions, I would think twice about the forum leaderboard one however. Unless we can exclude members of the "most trophy points" leaderboard, it will just make it increasingly hard for people outside of the leaderboard to get in, if by being in, everyone gets a 30 point boost.

Last edited:

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Agreed, I would up it to 50 points, considering the reward for 4k messages and 100% gives you 40. And its reasonable to expect that as your message count increases your ratio will decrease.
That's very fair, thank you.

But I do not think reducing already existing trophies is the way to go. I understand why you think having several trophies be locked behind years of waiting time is not super ideal, but they exist to reward our oldest users, and I think it is fair to keep them the way they are, because they've all already earned these points.

I also think that a mix between adding new trophies (especially the 100 agree one) and reducing these registration year trophies, would only heavily benefit forum users who are active today. But let's not forget there are thousands of users who were very active back in the day and have done massive contributions to the server, and they deserve their recognition to remain. Truly it is up to the newer users to find their way to the top
You make some good points here. I do agree that older members should keep their rewarded trophies. I just tried to think of a way to help allow newer members to also work their way to the top without it being wholely impossible due to these, namely, 4-5-10 year anniversary trophies.

I think this could at least be fixed by adding more obtainable trophies. That way, old users don't get kicked off the leaderboard immediately, since they obviously do deserve it as they also put in a lot of effort, but new users do have a change if they put in the right amount of effort.

it wasn't easy for our older users either.
I understand this. As someone who also spent a lot of time on improving my Forum stats, I know it took me a long time to get to the point where I am right now in terms of messages and reaction score, as well as trophy points.

However, I would like to mention that the Forums are way less active than they used to be, which I'm sure you're also aware of as you have also been in the community for an equally long time now. I would say it is way harder to find proper quality content to reply to nowadays, which makes it harder to obtain these trophies. I do think this should be taken into consideration as well, but I would not want to see negative changes to the trophies that already exist to accomodate that. I just think in one way or another, newer members should be given a relatively equal chance to prove themselves.

I agree with all your new forum trophy suggestions, I would think twice about the forum leaderboard one however. Unless we can exclude members of the "most trophy points" leaderboard, it will just make it increasingly hard for people outside of the leaderboard to get in, if by being in, everyone gets a 30 point boost.
Yeah, that was actually intended to not be included, not sure why I didn't elaborate on that. Thank you for the reminder haha.

Oh yeah, just reached out to @Camezonda he has very kindly lowered Forum God to 729. So, hooray!
ILY @Camezonda

Reactions: Reesle and Eli

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him
Heya peoples! 👋

View attachment 232643

View attachment 232644
View attachment 232645
View attachment 232646
View attachment 232648
View attachment 232647
View attachment 232649
View attachment 232650

💡 New Trophies

View attachment 232651

Yes, this would be really great!

Reactions: Reesle
Members Online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on YeoXuHang's profile.
Thanks for playing!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Lord of Ducks's profile.
I can play PoF with you! But I don't have the subscription
BicolourSine41 wrote on !notcitingdow's profile.
Thanks for the follow! Have it back :)
Reesle wrote on yuduki0729's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :D
Happy to have you here!
Reesle wrote on Lycheesis's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom