Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I’d like to suggest the addition of a new in-game currency that would work similar to Hypixel’s gold: CubeCoins. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, it’s essentially the same as minecoins, but they’re network specific.

Currently, on Hypixel, you can buy any item from the website store, including ranks and subscription ranks - for certain periods of time -, through an in-game menu using this ‘gold’. Additionally, there are some in-game store specific offers like a starter bundle. Why am I explaining this? It’s just so everyone gets a bit of an idea about what I would like to suggest.

💸 Subscription Ranks

As we all are likely very familiar with, the recent changes merged certain ranks with others, and we are left with Iron, Diamond and Obsidian which are now available as subscription ranks.

Unfortunately, Tebex, the monetisation provider that is used for the CubeCraft store, only allows payment for subscription ranks with PayPal and credit card and debit card from very particular banks, especially known in the US. This is a bit of an issue for quite some players, as many CubeCraft Java players are from Europe, including myself, where other payment methods are more popular: an example being iDeal, widely used in the Netherlands.

Not to mention that PayPal and these credit and debit cards require a very hefty fee, as you can see in the image below. This means that CubeCraft is missing out on quite some money by only making the ranks, which are currently the only packages available in the store, available through subscription-based purchases.

1724407017929.png

When it comes to single purchase packages, however, Tebex does allow for these payment methods to be used. This would mean that anyone could pay for CubeCoins, which can then be used in-game to redeem a subscription rank for a set time. Some sweet spots could be 1/3/6/12 months.

These could come with a minor discount depending on the length of the subscription rank purchased, perhaps up to 15% off for 12 months. If you purchase a subscription rank on top of another subscription, the timer would be extended by that amount. It would heavily incentify long lasting purchases, as well as there overall being more purchases as the rank purchases will no longer be limited to very particular payment methods, allowing everyone a chance. The prices would be as follows:

Iron

➜ 3 months + 5% discount = 14.25/15.00 GBP
➜ 6 months + 10% discount = 27.00/30.00 GBP
➜ 12 months + 15% discount = 51.00/60.00 GBP

Diamond

➜ 3 months + 5% discount = 17.10/18.00 GBP
➜ 6 months + 10% discount = 32.40/36.00 GBP
➜ 12 months + 15% discount = 61.20/72.00 GBP

Obsidian

➜ 3 months + 5% discount = 34.20/36.00 GBP
➜ 6 months + 10% discount = 64.80/72.00 GBP
➜ 12 months + 15% discount = 122.40/144.00 GBP

“Why not sell these on the store website?”
The sake of this suggestion is solely to propose the concept of ‘CubeCoins’ and some of their potential uses, so I’d like to keep it related to the topic, nice and simple.

💱 Future Monetisation

This likely raises a few questions for you: Why only the subscription ranks? Is this it? That’s why I’m also here to suggest some additional monetisation methods so the CubeCraft store may thrive, and that the concept for CubeCoins may become more than possible.

👕 Premium Cosmetics

Currently, Java cosmetics are mainly obtained by getting them from cubelets, which are essentially mystery boxes. The cosmetics can be different rarities:

1724407263922.png

1724407269533.png

1724407274025.png

1724407283184.png

1724407287600.png

Now, you know me. I enjoy working on resource packs and I can’t help but occasionally look through server pack files. So, I was snooping through the Java resource pack file again and saw something that may potentially hint at an upcoming feature… or nothing at all, it depends on how you choose to interpret it. Previously, I predicted the 3D hats being released with this method. This should be taken with a whole bucket of salt, since nothing is confirmed, but… Behold!

1724407357133.png

If you’ve kept an eye on the Bedrock network, or at least the news, you probably know that they added a new type of loot: Epic loot. Well, we also know that - outside of the Stone prefix used for members without any bundle or rank in /list - All the glyphs that can be seen on Java, are basically fully unused on Bedrock. That’s what raises a burning question in me: why is there an EPIC glyph when it’s not used on Bedrock, and Java doesn’t have Epic loot (yet)?

I’d like to mention that this is pure speculation, but I would love to see premium cosmetics added to Java at some point (hence my hat packs suggestion). It would mean another source of income that is generated through the Java network.

I understand that it would be much harder to implement epic loot on Java than it is on Bedrock, since some customisation can only be achieved by workarounds: an example being using a pumpkin with a custom model to achieve the hats, whereas Bedrock supports replacing armour with custom models out of the box. Despite this, I would love to see some new cool particle effects, wearables, cages and other cosmetics, and I definitely would not mind paying for them.

Epic/Premium loot would compliment the CubeCoins really well, since there could be an in-game shop in which this loot would be featured. This would make the loot extra exclusive, as they would only be available by purchasing CubeCoins and then redeeming those in-game.

1724407490866.png

cubecraft_glyph_e1.png

🎊 Multipliers: Return & Improvements

If you played CubeCraft Java before the store got its rework, you probably know that the store had multipliers available that would globally boost exp gain for a specific game. Additionally, anyone on the server had the ability to send a /thank <username> once for the entire duration of the multiplier. This granted the person who activated the multiplier 20 points and 100 experience per thank.

I would love to see multipliers become a thing again, but before they get added back, I think they sure are due for some changes.

➼ Boosting Global EXP & Points
Previously, multipliers would only increase the global exp gain for players. I think it should boost points, as well as experience gain. Multipliers are premium, relatively expensive things, but the only incentive there ever was to get them was purely for selfish reasons: farming levels and points from thanks. This way the multipliers are beneficial for both the person activating them as well as every player who is playing the game the booster is active in. Moreover, the person who activated the multiplier will also be more inclined to play while it is active, to maximise the booster’s usefulness. Points have a lot of uses, whereas exp is purely cosmetic at the moment.

➼ Improved Thank Rewards
While getting experience and points for every thank is cool and all, I feel like the rewards are lacking a certain something. Levels are wholly cosmetic by themselves and don’t have any particular use. This basically leaves just the points, which you can easily get by playing some extra games. I would personally love to see the thank rewards give out an additional +8 loot points, on top of the regular points and exp. Loot points are a bit more exclusive compared to the others rewards since you can only obtain them from votelets or getting duplicates in cubelets. Realistically, you would get ~200 thanks, which would equal roughly 1600 loot points, a solid 3 cubelets’ worth. I think this is a fair reward for spending quite a bit on an hour long multiplier.

➼ Thanked Rewards
But you’ve already discussed this! Thank rewards, yes, ‘thanked’ rewards, no. What I mean with this, is that for using the /thank command, or clicking on the “thank user” button in the game selection menu, players would also get a small, one-time reward. Such a reward could be +150 exp and +25 points. I think this could be a great idea as it’s simple enough, but keeps people wanting to use the thank command.

All in all, with some changes, I truly believe multipliers can be a great thing to have again.

That’s it for now. If you made it through the entire thread, props to you. I would love to hear what you have to think about this and any feedback is completely welcome.

Last edited:

hoppyfrog28_

Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
VERY good and well thought out suggestion.

There have been many suggestions of adding currency to CubeCraft and I have always been unsure about them. But this makes sense to me - I 100% agree :agree:. I also love the idea of Epic Loot coming to Java. Good job on this suggestion!

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

YeoXuHang wrote on Flxen's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Flxen wrote on YeoXuHang's profile.
Ty for the follow!
-Do you have pictures with your friends Alex?
-No
-So, what photos do you keep then?

hope.PNG
Finally the new dragon releases tomorrow I can’t wait to see what the price is (hoping less than a rank, but I am sure that’s it’s the same price as a rank or more)
Here's another prediction: I think that Halloween Event 2024 will be in testing sometime next week
Top Bottom