Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft add an optional 1.9 pvp tutorial for new players?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 491790

In eggwars, lucky islands and skywars I see so many players who just don't know how to pvp in 1.9, spamming people, and honestly I don't blame them. Unless you have actually played through the 1.9 update, there is little way to know the proper way to pvp in 1.9, as most players and tutorials on YouTube are for 1.8, and there is nothing in Minecraft itself to suggest there is a delay to hitting. Most other servers also are 1.8 pvp, so they don't know this is 1.9. I suggest making an optional tutorial that tells you the basics of the delay, and maybe some other techniques as well. This would be very useful for players who joined after 1.9 and are new to cubecraft.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I agree. It would be a good idea for those that don't know how the 1.9 pvp works. It could help, too, other people to improve their pvp styles and techniques.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
,,How to play 1.9 pvp" isn't a question with just one answer, and it isn't not as simple as you might think.
Clicking slower for some people might mean not more than 10 cps, you never know.
They can't really give official tips, as it is strongly individual for everyone.
It's not correct to say ,,That's how you're supposed to play" since it may not work for some people as well as it may work for others, hence it might lead some people to getting confused.
The only thing I see being a bit useful is a pop up message saying ,,Don't spam click on 1.9" when you join on 1.9 or a higher version, but nothing more, in order to keep it as simple as possible.

D

Deleted member 491790

,,How to play 1.9 pvp" isn't a question with just one answer, and it isn't not as simple as you might think.
Clicking slower for some people might mean not more than 10 cps, you never know.
They can't really give official tips, as it is strongly individual for everyone.
It's not correct to say ,,That's how you're supposed to play" since it may not work for some people as well as it may work for others, hence it might lead some people to getting confused.
The only thing I see being a bit useful is a pop up message saying ,,Don't spam click on 1.9" when you join on 1.9 or a higher version, but nothing more, in order to keep it as simple as possible.
I mean a generalised guide, because there is a way to pvp, and it isn't to spam. They could say 'When the attack indicator is up to the top again, hit again or you won't do as much damage' or something like that, which is the most basic info, and yes it is correct. They could also give a few tips such as w tapping, which again is always useful, and they could also give a few techniques and the player could try them and find the one that suits them best. I just think this would benefit so many players, because the amount of people I have seen spamming is incredible.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I mean a generalised guide, because there is a way to pvp, and it isn't to spam. They could say 'When the attack indicator is up to the top again, hit again or you won't do as much damage' or something like that, which is the most basic info, and yes it is correct. They could also give a few tips such as w tapping, which again is always useful, and they could also give a few techniques and the player could try them and find the one that suits them best. I just think this would benefit so many players, because the amount of people I have seen spamming is incredible.
They should not give anything more than a couple of sentences.
How will they show techniques that work for them? As I said earlier anything related to combat tactics/techniques whatever is individual for everyone, as everyone uses different settings, mouse, keyboard and etc.
Plus, there isn't a ,,best" way to do things such as this, because yet again, it may work well for you, but not as much for me.

D

Deleted member 491790

Okay, I just think it would be a good idea to inform them of pvp and maybe add a little demo against a zombie or something so they can get the hang of it

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This new podium in the beta games lobby looks interesting...
It may be that the old Java lobby leaderboards are coming back? 👀

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-27 164108.png
!notcitingdow wrote on valentinoboo's profile.
Welcome to the Cubecraft forums!!!!
Deepslate3D wrote on TheMrRevZ's profile.
what's ur favorite bisector in the alphabet? mine is 14
New screenshot posted on the Halloween Event's notion page today!
1727457670116.png
BicolourSine41 wrote on CheatersDontWin's profile.
Good username
Top Bottom