Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like these to be a feature on the forums?

• Yes for both

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yes but only for Auto-Lock [EXPLAIN]

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes but only for Locking Yourself [EXPLAIN]

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No [EXPLAIN]

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I have 2 suggestions regarding locking.

Auto Lock :

A system that will automatically lock any thread that is older than 2 weeks old to prevent any form of necro-posting. Forum game and News threads will not auto-lock as the necro-posting rule doesn't apply to it.

Creator Of Thread Can Lock :
Give the creator of the thread the ability to lock the thread (s)he made at any time. This will prevent the unnecessary replies about requesting a lock.

Current Situation

Creator of thread : @staffmember please lock this thread.
[Possibly other members replying]
Staff member : -Locked as requested by thread creator.

Which results in the thread being bumped just for it to be locked.

With this suggestion

*Creator of thread clicks Lock button*
Lock Bot : Thread has been locked by [Insert creator of the thread's name]. (This message will not bump the thread)

------------------------------
What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 204478

I really like this idea, this would definitely decrease the amount of necro posters on the forums, and being able to lock the thread yourself would be so much more efficient. You wouldn't have to wait for a little while for the staff member you tagged to lock the thread. It can just be done easily, with the press of a button.
Great suggestion!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
What a perfect and lovely idea! I love this suggestion. This would decrease necro-posters and the fact that only the thread creator can lock the thread is a very good idea in stead of having somebody in your thread that already asks for a lock while there's no need for it.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
A system that will automatically lock any thread that is older than 2 weeks old to prevent any form of necro-posting. Forum game threads will not auto-lock as the necro-posting rule doesn't apply to it.
Besides forum game threads there are more threads which shouldn't be closed. How does someone decide when a thread needs to be locked and when it may stay open forever? How do you want these autolocks to work?

Creator Of Thread Can Lock :
I feel like more useless threads will appear since players will be able to lock them.
Therefore I am not a big fan of this idea. Asking for a lock isn't that difficult after all

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Not sure about this..

I rather have like a highlighted background for people to know if the thread has been 2 weeks old. ( I suggested this before )

Personally, staff members can take a long to time to lock a thread, since he/she just checked the notifications.

Threads such as forums game as said above should not be locked. Even though it's 2 weeks old.

I am neutral with this suggestion.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Besides forum game threads there are more threads which shouldn't be closed.
I don't really know any other ones that don't get locked xD. If I find out anymore I will add it to the thread :)
How does someone decide when a thread needs to be locked and when it may stay open forever
Having it open forever will just make it vulnerable to members replying to it. What harm is there to having a thread that is locked away from necro-posters? It is exactly the same as having it open just no need to worry about necro-posters.
How do you want these autolocks to work?
Once a thread has been created the date will be taken down and after exactly 2 weeks it gets locked, any reply to the thread will reset the timer.
I feel like more useless threads will appear since players will be able to lock them.
Therefore I am not a big fan of this idea. Asking for a lock isn't that difficult after all
I see where this may be an issue but I am 100% sure staff members may lock/unlock a thread at any time
Well then I'd say if someone keeps making useless treads to lock them themselves then they will receive a punishment.

I rather have like a highlighted background for people to know if the thread has been 2 weeks old. ( I suggested this before )
Still makes it vulnerable to necro-posters
Personally, staff members can take a long to time to lock a thread, since he/she just checked the notifications.
Which is why I suggested having these ideas. You don't waste time of staff members asking for a simple lock. Usually a staff member will reply too saying '-locked' which bumps the thread too.
Threads such as forums game as said above should not be locked.
I already mentioned this in the thread.

Might as well ask for locks as giving warnings requires more time ;)
If it is that big of an issue possibly only certain members may lock a thread at will and will loose this capability if abused? Like active members get this or something like that.

Reactions: DanDaDino

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Having it open forever will just make it vulnerable to members replying to it. What harm is there to having a thread that is locked away from necro-posters? It is exactly the same as having it open just no need to worry about necro-posters.
What about all the information posts, forum games and feedback threads?
Especially the ones staff members make when we talk about infomation and feedback threads. Those usually stay open for a reason.

If it is that big of an issue possibly only certain members may lock a thread at will and will loose this capability if abused? Like active members get this or something like that.
Can't really give that to certain members. Wouldn't be fair.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Any thread in the forums game section will not be affected by this auto-lock feature.
"Forum game threads will not auto-lock as the necro-posting rule doesn't apply to it."
As for information & feedback threads their could be a feature to prevent auto-lock on a specific thread, only available to staff?
Especially the ones staff members make when we talk about infomation and feedback threads. Those usually stay open for a reason.
If you're talking about pinned threads then I see them not getting affected by the auto-lock as they have been pinned and could only be locked by a staff member.
If I am not mistaken News threads do not get locked so I will add that to the list of sub forums that do not get affected by auto-lock (If I am mistaken feel free to correct me).

Can't really give that to certain members. Wouldn't be fair.
Or must provide a valid reason of some sort?
For this situation exactly I am not really sure on how to deal with it.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Any thread in the forums game section will not be affected by this auto-lock feature.
"Forum game threads will not auto-lock as the necro-posting rule doesn't apply to it."
As for information & feedback threads their could be a feature to prevent auto-lock on a specific thread, only available to staff?

If you're talking about pinned threads then I see them not getting affected by the auto-lock as they have been pinned and could only be locked by a staff member.
If I am not mistaken News threads do not get locked so I will add that to the list of sub forums that do not get affected by auto-lock (If I am mistaken feel free to correct me).
Well if Cube's web developer can arrange all your wishes then I am fully with you. However I feel like it may be a bit difficult to lock certain threads and not lock others. Please keep in mind not everyone posts threads in the correct section so some may be locked when they shouldn't be locked and others will still open when they should be locked.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
However I feel like it may be a bit difficult to lock certain threads and not lock others. Please keep in mind not everyone posts threads in the correct section so some may be locked when they shouldn't be locked and others will still open when they should be locked.
The thread will have 2 weeks until it gets locked, which makes it possible for a staff member to move it to the correct section before it gets auto-locked.
The auto-lock thing could be seen as a plugin to make things more easier to understand :
You can add a plugin to a certain area and have it Not affect another area. Same things with websites, you can have this auto-lock plugin in certain sub-forums and not in others.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
The thread will have 2 weeks until it gets locked, which makes it possible for a staff member to move it to the correct section before it gets auto-locked.
Staff members don't click on every thread to see if it's in the correct section. Asking for a lock is still easier than letting them check all the threads just so only the correct ones gets auto- locked.

Your plan is neat but you didn't think about the small things which will effect the end result.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Staff members don't click on every thread to see if it's in the correct section. Asking for a lock is still easier than letting them check all the threads just so only the correct ones gets auto- locked.
Which is why we have other members :) . They can tag a certain staff member asking for the thread to be moved to the correct thread.
Your plan is neat but you didn't think about the small things which will effect the end result.
It isn't like we're removing the feature to tag staff members who can further assist the members. This suggestion is to add something to assist staff members and regular members, something to light off the load from staff members and serve players quicker lock assistance.
We still have players who may tag a staff member when they feel something isn't right. Like for moving a thread, asking for a clarification, or even general assistance.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Which is why we have other members :) . They can tag a certain staff member asking for the thread to be moved to the correct thread.

It isn't like we're removing the feature to tag staff members who can further assist the members. This suggestion is to add something to assist staff members and regular members, something to light off the load from staff members and serve players quicker lock assistance.
We still have players who may tag a staff member when they feel something isn't right. Like for moving a thread, asking for a clarification, or even general assistance.
I still think there are certain aspects which will influence the result of your idea in a negative way.
Will leave it for now and see what others think. Thanks for your feedback on the questions I had :)

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I would agree with the ability to lock your own thread but not auto lock after a certain time period, some threads would require to stay up long where people will still be able to post. +1 for the owner can lock

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

might revamp the account. rename it and actually become more active. thoughts?
Reesle wrote on RY0613's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Has anyone else had this happen, xD
IMG_2561.jpeg
CTF was SUPER glitched yesterday xD
IMG_6660.png

IMG_6661.png

IMG_6662.png
Top Bottom