• The first suggestion

• The second suggestion

• The first and second suggestions

• Neither suggestion

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaGreenerCreeper

Novice Member
Dec 30, 2016
So I was in a game of CTF Blockwars (as you do), and the game started in an 8v6, me being on the '6' side, and which, if you ask me, is not balanced. Furthermore, two people then left, leaving an 8v4. Although the game does have a team balancer, it doesn't affect the number of blocks that you get to place defences, in our game leaving a bias of 4 1/2 stacks of blocks. That's as many blocks as our team had! So, my first suggestion is to have the same amount of blocks on either team, whether there are 8 players on a team or not.

My second suggestion is to have the balancer also give strength (albeit a low level), as well as the resistance already given. Why? Because if you are fighting four people, and you have resistance, say level 2 (giving you a 40% damage reduction), then that means that you are taking the damage of approximately 2 people. However, who said that you were dealing the damage of two people? What's happening is that the balancer prolongs the time that you have to live, but completely rules out the fact that for it to be properly balanced, you also need to have improved attack. And, before any of you say "Well, why don't you just increase the level of resistance?!?!" the reason is, because it isn't accurate. Going back to the fight with four people, for four people's attack to be worth one person's damage, you need to have 75% damage reduction, but the closest levels of resistance only allow 60% (level 3) and 80% (level 4), leaving, at the closest, a 5% inaccuracy. The only time, where I think that this won't be needed would be in a 5v1, where resistance 4 would balance it. Otherwise, It isn't accurate (Look below for why strength makes it more even).

Firstly, some facts:
Stone sword - 5 damage
Leather chestplate, leggings and boots - 6 armour points
Resistance - 20% reduction per level
Strength - 3 damage increase per level

Let's say that everyone clicks at exactly the same speed, and at the right time, to make things simple. 5 damage on 6 armour points gives you a damage of 4.3, which, multiplied by 4, gives you 17.2. Then the one person deals 4.3 damage to one of the opposition. By then they would have already died. However, let's say that they have resistance 2 (-40%) and strength 2 (+6). That means that they take 10.32 from the opposition combined, and give 10.47 damage with each hit. To me that seems much more fair, than just having an inaccurate method of balancing attack and defence.

I would like to hear all of your opinions and thoughts, improvements or critisism! :)

Reactions: MimicPanda

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
I agree strength would be a nice addition to the balancer since resistance does not really cut it.I dont really understand the first suggestion can you please explain it a little bit more please.

DaGreenerCreeper

Novice Member
Dec 30, 2016
I agree strength would be a nice addition to the balancer since resistance does not really cut it.I dont really understand the first suggestion can you please explain it a little bit more please.
Basically the number of blocks on to defend with on each team is the same, whether or not there are 8 players. So on a team with less players, each will have more blocks in comparison to a person on the opposition, for example in an 8v4, each person in the team with 8 players will only have 72 blocks, while each person in the team with 4 players will have 144 blocks, so that it's the same number but spread between people differently. (I'm not good at explaining things xP)

Reactions: MimicPanda
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Wowie 1600 reaction score!
ItzJuan wrote on iTz1Hamood's profile.
yo Hamood, i hope you're doing well :)
Reesle wrote on Technosword's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
CrystalLegend01 wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂
Cant believe my classes were suspended this entire week because of a typhoon...
Top Bottom