Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 347571

Introduction
Hello! I wanted to make this small thread because i think Blockwars needs a tutorial, i think this has been suggested by a member somewhere in the comments but i'm not sure which is why i'm making this.

Why does it need a tutorial?
Well it's very simple, new players don't know what they're doing most of the time and don't really make progress which makes it hard for other people who play without a team. I'm not trying to be mean by saying this but it's just the truth, whenever you play Blockwars you see a lot of spamclickers or people placing blocks randomly or just don't place them at all. You might also see people that do not know what to do when picking up the flag and get stuck somewhere afterwards.. I

f a lot of players would actually look at the tutorial then the skill-level of an average player would rise and teams would be less unbalanced because everyone is better. I do think that the tutorial is something that the cmmunity should make since Blockwars is completely different than it used to be if you get what i mean.

EDIT
Just to make everyone doesn't get confused, i meant video tutorials. In-game tutorials wouldn't work out well. They could also refresh the written one and add some tactics to it.

I didn't make a poll because this is kinda useless right now with the new system so please use the reactions if you agree or disagree, thank you! (;

Last edited by a moderator:

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
Atm tower defence has a tutorial because it's always been there as it's hard to understand. If they gave blockwars a tutorial I feel as tho it's a huge amount of development time and then people may want to see tutorials in all game modes. Looking from the point of view of the td tutorial and the amount of work that went into it I don't believe cubecraft would be willing to put as much work into blockwars that, in general, doesn't get a huge amount of players. Having siad this I don't really disagree

D

Deleted member 347571

Atm tower defence has a tutorial because it's always been there as it's hard to understand. If they gave blockwars a tutorial I feel as tho it's a huge amount of development time and then people may want to see tutorials in all game modes. Looking from the point of view of the td tutorial and the amount of work that went into it I don't believe cubecraft would be willing to put as much work into blockwars that, in general, doesn't get a huge amount of players. Having siad this I don't really disagree
Just to make sure, i meant a video on cube's website. It's a good thing if every game had one so it would contain less peopke who don't know what they are doing. Tutorials is always a good thing to have in my opinion.

If they'd decide to make one then people might don't care and like you said they put a lot effort in it, they could make it so you get XP after completing the tutorial entirely or link an achievement for that. Both would be even better.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
Just to make sure, i meant a video on cube's website. It's a good thing if every game had one so it would contain less peopke who don't know what they are doing. Tutorials is always a good thing to have in my opinion.

If they'd decide to make one then people might don't care and like you said they put a lot effort in it, they could make it so you get XP after completing the tutorial entirely or link an achievement for that. Both would be even better
I tought u meant an in game one, I definetly agree with making video tutorials for each game

Eli

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
BlockWars has a lot of depth in its strategy which is not something you could explain or should explain in a starting tutorial.

However the things you could explain in the tutorial: kits, the mechanics and the dynamic of the game is barely complicated at all. I find a tutorial time consuming for players and devs and just overall unnecessary.

D

Deleted member 347571

BlockWars has a lot of depth in its strategy which is not something you could explain or should explain in a starting tutorial.

However the things you could explain in the tutorial: kits, the mechanics and the dynamic of the game is barely complicated at all. I find a tutorial time consuming for players and devs and just overall unnecessary.
You're saying it yourself, strategy is important in Blockwars which is why it should be explained in short so they would understand what they have to do.

The mechanics aren't hard to understand, i agree with that part although they could explain where it could be used for for example in certain strategies.

Thanks for your reply though! (;

Reactions: Pescadoso
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Exterminating cheaters...
Reesle wrote on redj101's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Reesle wrote on UBRE's profile.
Happy Birthday!
I didn't really feel like making a whole thread to ask this, but does people get notification if I edit older threads/commends?
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Thjis's profile.
pro
Top Bottom