Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sietzziee

Oct 12, 2019
Hey dear people, it's Sietzziee here,

I wanted to bring in a suggestion. Colony Control, available during the 2020 and 2021 Winter updates on CubeCraft Java, received it's love and hate. I remember asking to bring back Snowman Survival back in the summer of 2022, and that wish came true.
But the further we go in time, the more I begin to miss Colony Control. It was unique and just a bit different from other gamemodes on CubeCraft, hence the hate (from people who didn't like or understand it), but also the love. I played it a lot in 2021 and would be super excited if it returns in 2024, since it went off the map in 2022 due to Colony Control's difficulty of filling games.

Of course, we still have the problem of a lower player count just like in the past years. However, you could make the game smaller, just like certain maps in Eggwars:
- Instead of 4v4v4v4 make it 4v4.
- Instead of 4v4v4v4, make it 2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3.
That way games can fill up easier and fans can enjoy Colony Control again. You could keep Snowman Survival, or just do Colony Control this year. I quickly got tired of Snowman Survival last year (even though the game did get a major update including new maps), and after 2 years of Snowman Survival, I certainly wouldn't mind a change for this year's Winter Update.

22169109-5f70-4b2c-ab48-c2fae59bf028.jpg

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
Every year it gets asked to come back but they never do, is a shame tbh hopefully they bring it back this year and not that weird present rush gamemode

• Heart
Reactions: Loskol and Reesle

Sietzziee

Oct 12, 2019
Every year it gets asked to come back but they never do, is a shame tbh hopefully they bring it back this year and not that weird present rush gamemode
I know that, and it's a sign that more people want it back, not only me. But, tbf, I don't think Cube will bring it back, but I think this is a good year to do so.

Reactions: Loskol and Reesle

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hey dear people, it's Sietzziee here,

I wanted to bring in a suggestion. Colony Control, available during the 2020 and 2021 Winter updates on CubeCraft Java, received it's love and hate. I remember asking to bring back Snowman Survival back in the summer of 2022, and that wish came true.
But the further we go in time, the more I begin to miss Colony Control. It was unique and just a bit different from other gamemodes on CubeCraft, hence the hate (from people who didn't like or understand it), but also the love. I played it a lot in 2021 and would be super excited if it returns in 2024, since it went off the map in 2022 due to Colony Control's difficulty of filling games.

Of course, we still have the problem of a lower player count just like in the past years. However, you could make the game smaller, just like certain maps in Eggwars:
- Instead of 4v4v4v4 make it 4v4.
- Instead of 4v4v4v4, make it 2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3.
That way games can fill up easier and fans can enjoy Colony Control again. You could keep Snowman Survival, or just do Colony Control this year. I quickly got tired of Snowman Survival last year (even though the game did get a major update including new maps), and after 2 years of Snowman Survival, I certainly wouldn't mind a change for this year's Winter Update.

View attachment 232695
Bring it back for Bedrock too! I loved Colony Control, was so fun! I really hope they finally listen to what the community wants with this situation.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Colony Control deserves to make a huge comeback especially on Bedrock since we never had it for the past 2 years. I'm interested to see what they can do with it now that we are in 1.20 (possibly 1.21 by the time December arrives)

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Colony suffers similar problems with members as Tower Defence did: People simply don't understand the game, and if you haven't played it in the past it is quite hard to get into it. It definitely needs a bit of an upgrade or revamp to make it come back on the network.

That being said: yes. Colony Control allowed great and fun gameplay! Even though it is (once again) a PvP game, it's much more team and tactic based, which I think is a great enrichment on the network. With the restructuring of how snowballs are being thrown in Snowman Survival (nothing like the old Slime Survival), that game got much less fun, and I don't see Present Rush or Snow Down making a return (shame regarding Present Rush btw). Colony Control is a great alternative on a game that, as you said, gets boring pretty fast and is also now screwed over with the mechanics.

Sietzziee

Oct 12, 2019
Colony suffers similar problems with members as Tower Defence did: People simply don't understand the game, and if you haven't played it in the past it is quite hard to get into it. It definitely needs a bit of an upgrade or revamp to make it come back on the network.

That being said: yes. Colony Control allowed great and fun gameplay! Even though it is (once again) a PvP game, it's much more team and tactic based, which I think is a great enrichment on the network. With the restructuring of how snowballs are being thrown in Snowman Survival (nothing like the old Slime Survival), that game got much less fun, and I don't see Present Rush or Snow Down making a return (shame regarding Present Rush btw). Colony Control is a great alternative on a game that, as you said, gets boring pretty fast and is also now screwed over with the mechanics.
Yeah I agree. It could be difficult for people to get in to and understand. But there are not many games like this on servers, not only CubeCraft. It's team and tactic based, exactly. It's a shame that Cube got rid of this game. Hopefully we get it back, it could be good for Cube's playerbase.

Reactions: Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on YeoXuHang's profile.
Thanks for playing!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Lord of Ducks's profile.
I can play PoF with you! But I don't have the subscription
BicolourSine41 wrote on !notcitingdow's profile.
Thanks for the follow! Have it back :)
Reesle wrote on yuduki0729's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :D
Happy to have you here!
Reesle wrote on Lycheesis's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom