SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi there

You might ever have played team Lucky Islands and spotted this (probably empty) achievement:
cat achievement.png

I would like to call it one of the hardest achievements on Cubecraft.

Why? Because it's literally impossible to get every (all 3) types of cat in one single game.
You don't want to know the time I've spent opening 100's of Lucky Blocks, just to get the 80 experience.

So, what am I suggesting? (Poll choises)

1) Change the reward
Alot of people tell me that they don't have this achievement, I try to get it everyday, without success.
The ones that do have it (I only know 2 people who have this one), celebrated it alot.
That's why I am suggesting to change the reward from 80 experience to 1 cubelet, 80 experience.

2) Change the quest to get it
Could be changed to:
"Get every type of cat in a game of team luckyislands with your whole team" (so everyone can participate in this achievement)
Or other examples.

3) When people DO get cats, make them automatically a different type
I've had this:
2018-09-26_21.39.50.png

6 pets, 3 cats, 3 dogs
They are all mine, I'm sure of that, but I got 2 black cats, so no achievement for me.

4) Other
Suggest what u want with a reply.

5) None
Keep it the way it is right now.

Some facts about this:
-I opened 2468 Lucky Blocks ONLY for this achievement.
-I killed the ender dragon alone (and got the achievement for that), while trying to get the cat achievement.
-A 'quote' from @LibeTy :
liibe.png

He's talking about wins, 10.000 wins was easier to get than this achievement.

Not convinced yet? Try it yourself! Make sure to start with the Tamer kit (1 dog, 1 cat, 1 Frosty)

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I'm undoubtedly a crazy person and I also like cats, so I should probably try to get this achievement.

Also, this is just my opinion, but I feel like Lucky Islands is the perfect mini-game to have difficult chance based achievements like this one, because it'll simply feel great once you manage to accomplish it and you know you'll be one of few who have done it.

I'd say simply up the reward to something like 2500 exp and 5 cubelets.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
I agree with all three. I've tried to get this achievement too but it's almost impossible for me. I can't even kill one cat, at least not if he's from someone else. Only 80 experience is almost nothing while the achievement is really difficult. I really want this to change.

Reactions: SanCookie

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
In all my life i dont see the white cat.

>1
>3

The reward is to low.
And the probability of open 3 lucky blocks and take 3 cat reward and the cats are diferent, are a low provability

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm undoubtedly a crazy person and I also like cats, so I should probably try to get this achievement.

Also, this is just my opinion, but I feel like Lucky Islands is the perfect mini-game to have difficult chance based achievements like this one, because it'll simply feel great once you manage to accomplish it and you know you'll be one of few who have done it.

I'd say simply up the reward to something like 2500 exp and 5 cubelets.
Even giving player one cubelet isn't enough seeing as the achievement is incredibly hard to get

In my opinion, the reward should be improved to something like 4 cubelets and the rest should stay as it is
So you both agree to changing the price to something higer, also I was just suggesting a random reward, but 5 cubelets seems a littlr bit too high for me, especially with the 2500 xp, I agree with 4 cubelets, and maybe 300 xp or something.
I agree with all three. I've tried to get this achievement too but it's almost impossible for me. I can't even kill one cat, at least not if he's from someone else. Only 80 experience is almost nothing while the achievement is really difficult. I really want this to change.
yeah, I want this all to change too, it’s literally impossible
In all my life i dont see the white cat.

>1
>3

The reward is to low.
And the probability of open 3 lucky blocks and I take 3 cat reward and the cats are diferent, are a low provability
Yeah it’s way too hard for a way too low price, also I had the white cat yesterday, but my teammate didnt like his color or something and killed it

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
I got this by getting 4 cats in a row :3
We definitely should give more prizes for this , a few cubelets won't hurt.

TryTimba

Sep 25, 2018
Over the rainbow
Sounds like a tough achievement to get. But when you mean the whole team participates, do you mean every signle member has to get three (different) cats or just one and they all get the prize. Idk if I explained my question very well because I confused myself...
Ex:
Player1- 2 cats (both different)
Player2- 1 cat (different from the teammates)

Would that make the team get the achievement? Because that would probably make it a whole lot easier.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Sounds like a tough achievement to get. But when you mean the whole team participates, do you mean every signle member has to get three (different) cats or just one and they all get the prize. Idk if I explained my question very well because I confused myself...
Ex:

Would that make the team get the achievement? Because that would probably make it a whole lot easier.
Yeah, he meant that if in your whole team there are at least 3 of the different types found, you'd get the achievement.

So, if player 1 has cat type A and player 3 has cat type B and C, the whole team would get the achievement.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I for real only logged in to post in this thread so @SanCookie, like my post pls.

Anyway, I do agree with nerfing this, getting 1 type of every cat in 1 game is really hard. I also don't like that Team mode achievements in general are based on what you can do by yourself.

In pretty much every game all team achivements are like: place x amount of blocks, kill 10 players in one game, win 10,000 games, kill 3 players with TnT, kill 20 animals in one game.

In my opinion, the achievements for playing team should be more based on what you do as a team, because you don't really have a reason to play with anyone. You can just get almost every achievement by yourself with some luck. This might sound silly but I think the community would actually get closer if there were "forced" to play with each other more to get achievements and I also think that it would be more fun to have goals together with others.

As people mentioned above, to count your team mates cats would be much easier and it would bring the team together and stop some people from trolling and killing all the cats.(!!!!!!)

And 3 cubelets + 100 xp, since you actually get some really bad rewards for other achievements too.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, now that I think of it, the achievement shouldn't give you a ton of experience, since it's luck based and all.

Perhaps something like 5 Cubelets and 250 experience?
I think this (quote below) would be the best price, because it’s 3 cats, so 3 cubelets would make sense
And 3 cubelets + 100 xp, since you actually get some really bad rewards for other achievements too.

I got this by getting 4 cats in a row :3
We definitely should give more prizes for this , a few cubelets won't hurt.
You’re one of the luckiest people alive, a well deserved 80 experience is what you got : )

Ex:

Yeah, he meant that if in your whole team there are at least 3 of the different types found, you'd get the achievement.

So, if player 1 has cat type A and player 3 has cat type B and C, the whole team would get the achievement.
Yep, what Miauw explained was exactly what I meant!

I for real only logged in to post in this thread so @SanCookie, like my post pls.

Anyway, I do agree with nerfing this, getting 1 type of every cat in 1 game is really hard. I also don't like that Team mode achievements in general are based on what you can do by yourself.

In pretty much every game all team achivements are like: place x amount of blocks, kill 10 players in one game, win 10,000 games, kill 3 players with TnT, kill 20 animals in one game.

In my opinion, the achievements for playing team should be more based on what you do as a team, because you don't really have a reason to play with anyone. You can just get almost every achievement by yourself with some luck. This might sound silly but I think the community would actually get closer if there were "forced" to play with each other more to get achievements and I also think that it would be more fun to have goals together with others.

As people mentioned above, to count your team mates cats would be much easier and it would bring the team together and stop some people from trolling and killing all the cats.(!!!!!!)
That’s actually true, nice thinking work! Thats why I like the ones where “ur whole team has to wear gold armor” much more than the “10 kills in one game” one!

And yes, team trolling is a way too big issue on Lucky Islands, but it doesn’t get fixed for some reason

TryTimba

Sep 25, 2018
Over the rainbow

Oh okay cool, thanks for helping me understand. I do like that idea best then. Seems like an easier way of getting the achievement.

Reactions: SanCookie and Miauw

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THIS THREAD

I got the cat achievement, but didn't get 3 cats at the same time. Which wasn't necessary apparently.
Here's the proof that I got it:
cat achievement.png

Got my 80 deserved Experience.

It took me 200 lucky blocks in one game, starting with the taimer kit to get all 3 of them!

The best solution is obviously the first
It is a challenge and should be treated as so which also warrants a higher reward
True, but it's still kind of hard (didn't see your reply anymore)

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
If achievements were easy to do then they wouldn't be much of an achievement, it's nice to have some rare ones from time to time.

If you think it's difficult now, just wait until they add another half dozen cat skins xD

Reactions: Eli
D

Deleted member 352903

If achievements were easy to do then they wouldn't be much of an achievement, it's nice to have some rare ones from time to time.

If you think it's difficult now, just wait until they add another half dozen cat skins xD
Yeah but the reward is only 80 xp..

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him

Yeah but the reward is only 80 xp..
My point was more like what SP00N said, a hard achievement with only 80 experience doesn't encourage alot of players to get it (except me because it was my last one)

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Achievements in general is one of those areas that needs a little TLC. It's on the agenda but I can't say how soon we'll be able to get to it, there are a number of other things taking priority right now.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ashtxq is so real wrote on SunburntWarz's profile.
Read My Appeal Mate Or Else Lil Bro
I have no words, it's just beautiful! :cubie2:
Captura de pantalla 2024-09-19 174426.png
Eli
Is this what peak happiness looks like? How could I explain to my 14 year old self that CubeCraft will one day have rideable, trainable, customizable, dragon pets??? WHAT

1726788605703.png
projectcubepack wrote on Hoshi's profile.
Thanks for your contribution to the texture pack! As of now, the project has disbanded. Your texture making skills were great, and we appreciate your contribution. Hope all is well! ( In the future, I’d love to see more textures of yours!! )
coolzombiee wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Thanks for the awesome giveaway!
Top Bottom