Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
L

Lightning McQueen

Clockbait

Anyway I wondered why you guys couldn't come up with better names for your maps .

Jungle? End? There are two maps each

Candy ? There are 4 maos with the same name.

I suggest maps be named more uniquely , not that its confusing but it would be a nice touch.

Reactions: ToastO_O

je_moederisbae

Novice Member
May 1, 2017
The map name is not so important. It would be nice if they just other maps to add but the build team is very busy so the wait is.

Reactions: Lilleh__
L

Lightning McQueen

The build team is not busy

Efcluke said that they finish assignments faster then he makes them. But thats besides the point .

Its not hard to come up with a good name.

L

Lightning McQueen

As far as I know, no gamemodes have multiple maps that share the same name. It's common to see solo and team maps having the same name, but they're not the same map. I don't really see an issue with this right now, and changing it seems pretty pointless to me.
FFA - Savannah

Eggwars Solo - Savannah

Skywars - Savannah

Eggwars - Candy

Speed Eggwars - Candy

Eggwars Teams - Candy

Survival Games - Candy

Skywars Teams - Candy

Skywars Solo - Candy (ithink)

Minerware - Oriental

Paintball - Oriental

Eggwars - Oriental

Lucky Islands - Space (ithunkitsnew)

FFA - Space

Eggwars - Space

Eggwars - Jungle

Eggwars Teams - Jungle

Not even counting Blockwars and Lucky Islands maps because i dont know them

Plus , whats not to like , it isnt hard to name future maps uniquely , nobody wants 10 maps with the same name . Coulnt hurt to name maps better

Reactions: Shamel

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
It's because people are allowed to choose on which map they play. Giving map difficult/unique would make it harder for you to recognize/remember the maps name for the next time you want to play it.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam
L

Lightning McQueen

It's because people are allowed to choose on which map they play. Giving map difficult/unique would make it harder for you to recognize/remember the maps name for the next time they want to play it.
Not really. Thats a stupid reason. Builders are just being lazy .
Unique name + Unique map = Hey i remember playing this map!

ciwa

Forum Expert
May 7, 2016
The Netherlands.
FFA - Savannah

Eggwars Solo - Savannah

Skywars - Savannah

Eggwars - Candy

Speed Eggwars - Candy

Eggwars Teams - Candy

Survival Games - Candy

Skywars Teams - Candy

Minerware - Oriental

Paintball - Oriental

Eggwars - Oriental

FFA - Space

Eggwars - Space

Eggwars - Jungle

Eggwars Teams - Jungle

Plus , whats not to like , it isnt hard to name future maps uniquely , nobody wants 10 maps with the same name . Coulnt hurt to name maps better
True, I think some of the maps should be renamed different, but what, I understand that a few maps share the same name, but don't you think that it is hard to get an original game for every single new map? Not that easy, right?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
FFA - Savannah

Eggwars Solo - Savannah

Skywars - Savannah

Eggwars - Candy

Speed Eggwars - Candy

Eggwars Teams - Candy

Survival Games - Candy

Skywars Teams - Candy

Minerware - Oriental

Paintball - Oriental

Eggwars - Oriental

FFA - Space

Eggwars - Space

Eggwars - Jungle

Eggwars Teams - Jungle

Yes, there are a lot of maps that share names. However, it's not like you'll find 2 maps with the same name within the same gamemode. (ex. Team skywars, Solo eggwars, Speed team Eggwars, etc.) It's not hard to tell them apart.

L

Lightning McQueen

, but don't you think that it is hard to get an original game for every single new map? Not that easy, right?

You're not renaming all te maps at once .

Just naming future maps properly . Not difficult at all

Reactions: ciwa
F

Facelurite

Example: Instead of calling every map with a lollipop in it candy , they could do -

'Licorice Way'

'Candy Kingdom'

'Cakewalk'

'MuffinTown'

'Sugar Rush'

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
The maps that are named the same thing for solo and team and named the same because they are the same just varied slightly to fit the players. Why maps like eggwar's candy and survival game's candy are named the same is because they are meant to be similar. same world if you so chose. Notice the similar looks, designs, and color plaits when they share a name. As to why the simple names, they are easy to remember. most of the time with thinking of a map you remember a key feature. This just does that for you so you don't need to think of some name that kind of fits. maybe not the most creative, but it is straight to the point. I don't think lazy is the word to describe the build team, it's not like it would take a lot of work to think of a better name. They probably don't want to use other names.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Example: Instead of calling every map with a lollipop in it candy , they could do -

'Licorice Way'

'Candy Kingdom'

'Cakewalk'

'MuffinTown'

'Sugar Rush'
I don't want to have to think oh this was this variant of this map, it's easier just to call them all candy so you don't need to remember the slight differences between each map.

L

Lightning McQueen

Why would it be hard to remember ? Not everyone on cubecraft is ten and incapable of showing signs of intelligence.

The names shouldn't be too different . Cmdy could be Lollipops or Sugar Way and so on

Similarly space could be Planetary or The Cosmos etc. The names wont be " Queen Kim Jong Un The Thirty First Of The City Of England's Exquisite Teaparty If Death " or something else that's hard to remember

F

Facelurite

Oh! Just wanted to add , names that the Speed eggwars maps have are very unique. Thats what i meant by unique names ; that means i also debunked all your theories of names being hard to remember. I remember them all

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
Clockbait

Anyway I wondered why you guys couldn't come up with better names for your maps .

Jungle? End? There are two maps each

Candy ? There are 4 maos with the same name.

I suggest maps be named more uniquely , not that its confusing but it would be a nice touch.
I Think I Came Here So I Can See The Complete Guide For Hacking Am I In The Right Place?

Reactions: Facelurite

Caaaaarman

Jun 1, 2017
The Cat Store.
www.cubecraft.net
The build team is not busy

Efcluke said that they finish assignments faster then he makes them. But thats besides the point .

Its not hard to come up with a good name.
The Builder's Work there tales off to build nice maps for the server. Then they come up with a name.. (They Work Extremely Hard) Have you seen the maps?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Happy World Okapi Day

1729265053671.png
Casualpoalrbear wrote on ToonBer's profile.
Happy birthday. I am definitely late.
BicolourSine41 wrote on finnyboy300's profile.
Hello!!!!!!! Welcome!
Weekly poll starting this/next week (depending on where you are I guess it might already be this week lol)
10 EUR... for this? Oh boy 😔

1729245754252.png
Top Bottom