Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
1719409140246.png

What you are seeing on this screenshot are a couple announcements made yesterday by cubecraft devs on discord that claim several bugs have been fixed.
The important ones here are invisible players and the potion effects one because here is a clip showing those two bugs very much not being fixed:

What you are looking for in that clips is:
1. effects not applied correctly/not visible, which can be seen several times as the chat claims teammates pick up effects like slow falling or strength, yet all I have is speed.
2. Invisible players, at the start of the clip I receive 3 hits with no source. No arrows visible, no players hitting me visible, just me being punched by literal air as far as I am concerned.

Look, I get that sometimes even "simple" can take a long time to fix, as a programmer, computer science student and a hobby game developer I understand that better than most players on here probably ever will, but if you are going to say you have fixed them then how about NOT LYING ABOUT IT?

Its one thing to take ages to fix "simple" bugs that have been plaguing a game for ages. Its another to lie about having fixed them.

Also: "potion effects not being visible" is actually an incorrect description of the bug, because the actual bug is the effects NOT BEING APPLIED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

"effects not being visible" would mean I'd have jump boost, slow falling, strength, or whatever me or my teammates pick up, just with the icon not being visible.

What happens here is that, with the exception of speed, I receive absolutely zero effects at all.

So congrats, on top of lying about bug fixes you don't seem to know what actually is the problem that needs to be fixed.

And btw, I am fully aware that sometimes bug fixes take time to roll out on the entire network, as in: roll out on all lobbies, in all regions, etc.

However the clip I recorded is from giga blockwars. A gamemode which has very massive lobbies, with a maximum of up to a 100 players. This also means there are only very few lobbies in it, since with a total of only 150-300 players online at the same time you only need a few lobbies for them to be able to play.

Yet, despite 15 hours passing between the announcement of the bugs being "fixed" and me recording that clip (it was recorded today around 9, the announcement was made yesterday at 17:51) it seems that the bug fixes still aren't there.

And before anyone says that it may have changed since that recording was made: it surely did not at the time I am writing this as I went into the game just to check again, and at the time I am writing this those bugs are very much still not fixed.

The only one of the bugs regarding blockwars that actually was fixed was the inventory loadout one, and even that's only partially true, the game just remembers the position of your tools, sword, task-thingy and bow and it completely ignores where I prefer my blocks being placed, and yes I notice that because I don't want to have my wood planks in the slot in which they keep spawning in, its very important they are not placed in that specific slot because I usually use my wood for crafting sticks and because you don't get more wood unless you either die or take the pit in bridges, you can not get more through kills like you can with teracotta and arrows.

So, in conlusion, out of the three bug fixed mentioned in this post, since the announcement of them being fixed only one of them has (partially) been fixed.

Edit: I just went into the game again and found out the game randomly erased my inventory loadout, meaning that the bug isn't even partially fixed. Its not fixed at all, reducing the amount of fixed bugs from 0.5/3 to 0/3.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Stats and exp are fixed atleast on Java. Played yesterday after the announcement and the bug was gone. I'm not sure about rest of the Java and Bedrock bugs you mentioned, but I'm sure that they didn't mean to lie about them being fixed. There has been just some sort of mistake clearly.

Edit: Banners also work on Java.
2024-06-26_17.33.49.png

Reactions: BicolourSine41

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 231290

What you are seeing on this screenshot are a couple announcements made yesterday by cubecraft devs on discord that claim several bugs have been fixed.
The important ones here are invisible players and the potion effects one because here is a clip showing those two bugs very much not being fixed:

What you are looking for in that clips is:
1. effects not applied correctly/not visible, which can be seen several times as the chat claims teammates pick up effects like slow falling or strength, yet all I have is speed.
2. Invisible players, at the start of the clip I receive 3 hits with no source. No arrows visible, no players hitting me visible, just me being punched by literal air as far as I am concerned.

Look, I get that sometimes even "simple" can take a long time to fix, as a programmer, computer science student and a hobby game developer I understand that better than most players on here probably ever will, but if you are going to say you have fixed them then how about NOT LYING ABOUT IT?

Its one thing to take ages to fix "simple" bugs that have been plaguing a game for ages. Its another to lie about having fixed them.

Also: "potion effects not being visible" is actually an incorrect description of the bug, because the actual bug is the effects NOT BEING APPLIED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

"effects not being visible" would mean I'd have jump boost, slow falling, strength, or whatever me or my teammates pick up, just with the icon not being visible.

What happens here is that, with the exception of speed, I receive absolutely zero effects at all.

So congrats, on top of lying about bug fixes you don't seem to know what actually is the problem that needs to be fixed.

And btw, I am fully aware that sometimes bug fixes take time to roll out on the entire network, as in: roll out on all lobbies, in all regions, etc.

However the clip I recorded is from giga blockwars. A gamemode which has very massive lobbies, with a maximum of up to a 100 players. This also means there are only very few lobbies in it, since with a total of only 150-300 players online at the same time you only need a few lobbies for them to be able to play.

Yet, despite 15 hours passing between the announcement of the bugs being "fixed" and me recording that clip (it was recorded today around 9, the announcement was made yesterday at 17:51) it seems that the bug fixes still aren't there.

And before anyone says that it may have changed since that recording was made: it surely did not at the time I am writing this as I went into the game just to check again, and at the time I am writing this those bugs are very much still not fixed.

The only one of the bugs regarding blockwars that actually was fixed was the inventory loadout one, and even that's only partially true, the game just remembers the position of your tools, sword, task-thingy and bow and it completely ignores where I prefer my blocks being placed, and yes I notice that because I don't want to have my wood planks in the slot in which they keep spawning in, its very important they are not placed in that specific slot because I usually use my wood for crafting sticks and because you don't get more wood unless you either die or take the pit in bridges, you can not get more through kills like you can with teracotta and arrows.

So, in conlusion, out of the three bug fixed mentioned in this post, since the announcement of them being fixed only one of them has (partially) been fixed.

Edit: I just went into the game again and found out the game randomly erased my inventory loadout, meaning that the bug isn't even partially fixed. Its not fixed at all, reducing the amount of fixed bugs from 0.5/3 to 0/3.
For such a big server and very much updating server they do their very best, it's almost impossible to have no bugs, they to their best.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
For such a big server and very much updating server they do their very best, it's almost impossible to have no bugs, they to their best.
???

What you said is completely completely unrelated, I never said they should not have any bugs.

what I said is to not make fake claims that a bug is fixed when it clearly isn't

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s not that deep

We don't lie. As a programmer, computer science student and a hobby game developer I hope you can understand that bug fixes sometimes do not go as expected and can break other stuff, while you may expect it to work when it does during a quick test. The potion fix broke player visibility. Not sure how it happened but still that was reverted some time ago so you should not be seeing invisible players anymore. While you were writing this thread you were hopefully on one of the last games that still had it. If you believe it still happens feel free to open a ticket on discord, I played 3 games of blockwars and did not have it happen.

To conclude 1.5/8 in your screenshot broke and resulted in it the other bug fix appear to not be resolved. But the original issue regarding invisibility was resolved afaik. All other and more fixes above your screenshot were resolved. So again, it's really not that deep, if the bug fix didn't work it gets fixed pretty fast. Unlucky timing of the above mentioned but generally the fixes like actualy work cuz we have good devs

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Things like this have happened to me but for the most part, the bugs I report get fixed correctly or the report gets rejected for one reason or another.

However, I have seen mistakes like these be made. On July 22, I reported an issue with the shotgun bow not working as it breaks in a single use. I eventually figured out that overpowered mode caused this issue and the bug was logged afterward. Is was labeled as fixed by August 10 but the issue persisted. I reported it Again on August 20th, it was accepted again and remains logged to this day (it’s been a while since I’ve tested if it still works but I assume it does.)

Ive also had difficulties where the bugs I report couldn’t successfully be reproduced, although I’ve reported many of these again now with video recordings and most have now been excepted.

Aside from cases like these, most bugs I report get responded to by a QA member in a reasonable amount of time and they handle reports in a fair way, and most bugs do eventually get patched correctly.

Reactions: Xavi | Goofy

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
I hope you can understand that bug fixes sometimes do not go as expected and can break other stuff
I do, and I am smart enough to not assume a bug is fixed until I can confirm it through either reports from users or a little thing called TESTING.

That's the whole point. Do not make claims that are false and that you can not back up.

I don't care if the bug is fixed as long as you do not tell me it is fixed when it isn't

So again, it's really not that deep, if the bug fix didn't work it gets fixed pretty fast. Unlucky timing of the above mentioned but generally the fixes like actualy work cuz we have good devs
I am not denying or questioning the quality of the devs, I am questioning their honesty and ability or willingness to test their changes

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on Noa Touw's profile.
Still new great member!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Egg
Thjis wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Wowww :(
1719661493740.png
BicolourSine41 wrote on Zombiepower's profile.
hihi!
GiGaGekkies wrote on RoseRozen's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom