Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with the given mark?

• Yes.

• No, let me explain down below why.

Results are only viewable after voting.
B

Britney Spears

Cubecraft review – Vanity

As you might’ve read from the title, I’ll be reviewing Cubecraft’s vanity system based on several pros and cons, let’s get right into the pros of Cubecraft’s vanity.

Pros (+)

-The first pro of Cubecraft’s vanity is that they add small things to the list of vanity items during holidays such as Christmas and Halloween, which is pretty neat.

-I like the miniatures, they’re pretty funny to have following you around in the lobby and they’re pretty original.

Cons (-)

-Hasn’t received a proper update in 3 years.

-The vanity items available are very limited.

-It’s very outdated if I’d have to compare it with the vanity of servers such as Hy***** or Mi******.

-Cubelet drops are very repetitive, annoying and boring as the chance of receiving something you already have is very big once you play on the server for longer than a couple of months.

-The hats are very plain and boring and most of them aren’t very relatable or fun to wear.

-It’s hard to navigate through the menu sometimes, especially in the hats section as they’re not really categorized.

-Custom shields are the definition of the SoonTM meme, I mean they’ve been on ‘’coming soon…’’ for more than a year if I’m correct, please stop hyping up players for such a long time and just get rid of it till you’ve actually developed a new vanity system.

Conclusion

I’ve listed a lot more cons than pros as I just don’t see that much originality in Cubecraft’s vanity system, it’s very basic in my opinion and it has nothing too special or outstanding.

Vanity needs a huge update, I’ve actually suggested a vanity update a while ago, but that was like 6 months ago (on a staff forum), and still nothing has happened so I hope something will be done about it as vanity plays a big role in rank perks, like 99% of the perks you get when you purchase a rank are vanity related, which means that vanity totally deserves an update. I hope my review will serve as a ‘’wake-up call’’ as I think that a lot of people really don’t see how outdated our vanity actually is.

As the cons obviously surpass the pros in this scenario, I can’t give Cubecraft’s vanity a higher mark than a three in my opinion. Do you agree or disagree, let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear all of your opinions on this subject. Don't forget to vote on the poll above =)
upload_2017-9-11_0-19-54.png

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I personally don't care at all about vanity items that are visible in the lobbies. Cubecraft has so many players and so many lobbies that I almost never notice other players there and many even have other players disabled completely. Arrow trails are rather annoying for me so I disabled them. The only thing left are win effects, but those only play once at the end of a game at best.
I'd really like custom shields, since those would be actually noticeable in game. Although in skywars you can already make custom shields (either wool from the map or strings) so it would also take away an aspect of individualization.

Maybe vanity on cubecraft can't get a high grade, but I'm ok with that. Custom shields would be nice, but other than that I don't care about vanity.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Gotta be honest:
As much as we want a vanity update, it's only going to be amazing for those who really like vanity. Most don't even care about vanity and would just shrug it off if there was a vanity update. I don't really think a vanity update should at all be a priority because of this.
I don't even mind the current vanity features they offer since most of them aren't annoying in my opinion. It's not like Cube's vanity screams "What am I? Who knows! Noise and colours!"

Don't get me wrong: I would love to have a vanity update, but I really don't think it should be a high priority on their to-do list.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Would be good to have a reason of why to spend all of these :p
View attachment 137436
See this is why Blockband exists

anyways yeah they are repetitive but that is to be expected with any servers that have a system even remotely similar is it not
I do disagree with your marking for a 3 (unless you are basing it out of 5 and not the usual 10) but for 10 I'd say at least a 6, yeah they aren't much for vanity but compare it to a lot of other vanity out there cubecraft has some very unique vanity items than, yeah sure you'll find a yellow armour outfit on any server but you will also find a morph into an ender dragon on any server too, but not cubecraft... instead you'll find a sheep pen gadget

Noise and colours!
*cough cough* superman icecream *cough cough*

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I've actually not really cared about vanity itself, such as hats, armor, and miniatures. I think it's the reason because it's never been updated, and all of it is very dull and plain. I'd like to see an update for vanity. I feel as if the only thing vanity points are spent on are kits and abilities. That's the only thing I spend it on, anyways. So, I will give this thread a big +1 from me. :P

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I've actually not really cared about vanity itself, such as hats, armor, and miniatures. I think it's the reason because it's never been updated, and all of it is very dull and plain. I'd like to see an update for vanity. I feel as if the only thing vanity points are spent on are kits and abilities. That's the only thing I spend it on, anyways. So, I will give this thread a big +1 from me. :p
You can't buy kits and abilities for vanity points. So they are pretty much completely useless at the moment.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
You can't buy kits and abilities for vanity points. So they are pretty much completely useless at the moment.
Ohh. I think I've gotten Crate Points and Vanity Points mixed up. My bad. But anyways, I guess you can see what I was trying to say.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't care about the vanity anymore since I have the Troll Hat. But the vanity system does need an update. We need more of everything. More hats, more gadgets, more trails and maybe Elytra Wings for Emerald and Obsidian ranks. I'm not interested in shields either, but I can imagine people are waiting for it for too long now. And indeed the SoonTM has lost it's meaning long ago. Remove the SoonTM for the shields until you have it.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Cubecraft review – Vanity

As you might’ve read from the title, I’ll be reviewing Cubecraft’s vanity system based on several pros and cons, let’s get right into the pros of Cubecraft’s vanity.

Pros (+)

-The first pro of Cubecraft’s vanity is that they add small things to the list of vanity items during holidays such as Christmas and Halloween, which is pretty neat.

-I like the miniatures, they’re pretty funny to have following you around in the lobby and they’re pretty original.

Cons (-)

-Hasn’t received a proper update in 3 years.

-The vanity items available are very limited.

-It’s very outdated if I’d have to compare it with the vanity of servers such as Hy***** or Mi******.

-Cubelet drops are very repetitive, annoying and boring as the chance of receiving something you already have is very big once you play on the server for longer than a couple of months.

-The hats are very plain and boring and most of them aren’t very relatable or fun to wear.

-It’s hard to navigate through the menu sometimes, especially in the hats section as they’re not really categorized.

-Custom shields are the definition of the SoonTM meme, I mean they’ve been on ‘’coming soon…’’ for more than a year if I’m correct, please stop hyping up players for such a long time and just get rid of it till you’ve actually developed a new vanity system.

Conclusion

I’ve listed a lot more cons than pros as I just don’t see that much originality in Cubecraft’s vanity system, it’s very basic in my opinion and it has nothing too special or outstanding.

Vanity needs a huge update, I’ve actually suggested a vanity update a while ago, but that was like 6 months ago (on a staff forum), and still nothing has happened so I hope something will be done about it as vanity plays a big role in rank perks, like 99% of the perks you get when you purchase a rank are vanity related, which means that vanity totally deserves an update. I hope my review will serve as a ‘’wake-up call’’ as I think that a lot of people really don’t see how outdated our vanity actually is.

As the cons obviously surpass the pros in this scenario, I can’t give Cubecraft’s vanity a higher mark than a three in my opinion. Do you agree or disagree, let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear all of your opinions on this subject. Don't forget to vote on the poll above =)
Vanity points are literally useless now, usually the hype is about saving your points up for something lit.
But when there isn't anything to save up for..

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Commenting as to be reminded to respond when it's not 7am

Nvm I'm the stupid. I posted a separate message below :x

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
Reactions: Britney Spears

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I've actually not really cared about vanity itself, such as hats, armor, and miniatures. I think it's the reason because it's never been updated, and all of it is very dull and plain. I'd like to see an update for vanity. I feel as if the only thing vanity points are spent on are kits and abilities. That's the only thing I spend it on, anyways. So, I will give this thread a big +1 from me. :p
What kind of hacks allows you to use vanity points on kits and abilities? Please tell me.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The vanity system was outdated on release, to be honest. I had a suggestion thread in the works for it a few weeks back, though scrapped it. Want me to post it anyways? It suggests a lot of things that I know people will be unhappy with, but imo it's for the best.

Not to mention they don't drop at all in the newest games... It's as if the management team themselves agree that the vanity system is not worth continuing anymore :(

The problem with this, is that everybody has a hat. In fact, everybody has dozens of hats. People don't really care that your hat is rarer than theirs or that it's a slightly different shade of green, because they have a hat too. Not to mention, the "hide players" option really killed any incentive to go for a fancy vanity outfit, since nobody can see what you look like anymore anyways.

Reactions: Britney Spears
Members Online

Latest profile posts

10 EUR... for this? Oh boy 😔

1729245754252.png
A..111I wrote on totoloji's profile.
Capitan wrote on cristian2259's profile.
peponcio
Lord of Ducks wrote on pleasedharch's profile.
please stop bumping old threads, "Fire bundle + Maps!" "Kaiju V mecha packs + Maps! etc...
BicolourSine41 wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Hallo, hoi, dag
Top Bottom