Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Sep 10, 2024
Today I decided to talk about everything wrong with Cubecraft and how the server is pretty much garbage now.

THE LAG
The lag on the server compared to Hive is so noticeable. I know it is not me because every other server works fine. Especially in Bridge, I everything like shooting an arrow or trying to break blocks below myself feels delayed or just doesnt work. Every game feels like Lifeboat now. All their fancy little transitions really lag the server

BEDWARS/EGGWARS
Bedwars is a mess. You can not tell me that they released BedWars because they were thinking about if before Hive did. They did it purely to capitalize off Hive's BedWars popularity. And you can tell. Even though it released first, you can tell its just some random things thrown together. Obviously barley any development time went into it as its a carbon copy of Hypixel. Custom items such as turrets? Just skeletons? Bridge builders? Awful. Everything to the generator is just copied straight from Hypixel and rushed together for a quick buck. And eggwars is even worse. They ruined basically every aspect of what made the original game so great. It takes SO LONG to kill in OP mode. I know they are bringing OG eggwars back, but its still a nitpick.

MONETIZATION
Now this is what I have an issue with. Cubecraft is obsessed with stuffing paid purchases down your throat. First thing you see when entering the lobby? A bundle. The sides of the lobby? A bundle. Because if they were hidden, how could Cubecraft take advantage of this great opportunity to provide no cosmetics for $6! They release bundles for everything under the sun, such as the "Clickbait Bundle" or "RGB Bundle" and to make it even worse, they release bundles such as the Backrooms Bundle because the Backrooms is popular! Hive's Backrooms Murder Mystery map is fun because it changes every time and has unique secrets to find. Cubecraft? Monetizes it and makes it into an awful EggWars map.

Speaking of, the entire Monetization system is garbage. The fact that EACH gamemode costs $10 USD is insane. No way should a rank that gives you SHOES AND CAGES be $10. Every single cosmetic on the server is paid, except for like 6 in total. 1 flag skin? Better fork over $3!!! Same with one egg skin! And before you comment "Well duhhh Hive costumes cost money!!!!" Well, you can get costumes for free with quest points. They PROVIDE free ways to get cosmetics, such as their superior leveling system where 90% of cosmetics are unlocked. Cube just slops together random bundles with, may I add, less cosmetics than the bundles that cost $2 on the Hive, for OVER $5. Locking EVERY cosmetic behind a paywall is a garbage practice.

The Beta Games bundle is the biggest scam in History. $4 a month FOR MAP SELECTION AND GAME VOTING. $4. DOLLARS. A. MONTH. This is downright robbery. AT LEAST Hive's Replay is 830 Minecoins for a YEAR, and is way more useful then MAP SELECTION. I was baffled that a server I looked up to released this. This is honestly disgusting.

VIP LEVELS
Overall, I think the VIP levels are fine. Except for the level 30 reward, which is flight. You have to spend over $200 to fly in lobbies. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Spending $200 on a Minecraft server just to FLY is insane. On The Hive, you can purchase a mount for around $7 (Which is still way overpriced if you ask me) and get the ability to fly in lobbies. And the lobbies have stuff to find, parkours to do, and all that. But most Cube lobbies are void of anything. There is no reason to get flight other than to flex.

SERVER STAFF TEAM
Im not going to go too in depth here (I dont want to get this post deleted/locked) but the CC staff team is garbage. They handle certain situations so terribly that its baffling. The incident that happened a few months ago was one of the worst handled ways I have seen an incident be handled on a Minecraft server. There is some other stuff that I would like to add but I will avoid saying.

LACK OF CARE
Cube just doesnt care about their own server. All of the issues above and many more such as BlockWars, BedWars, and lack of anything really interesting to stand out anymore. Cubecraft now really only has Minerware to stand out. Remember when they said they wouldn't add Bedwars because its too similar to Hypixel? They realized it made profit and threw some stuff together. This whole incident with the content creators was also not handled well at all, just leaving everyone in the dark and not even reaching out to the creators privately. And its honestly really sad. Seeing the Cubecraft playercount decrease and see the server as a shell of its former self, its heartbreaking. I grew up on this server and I just feel like money got the best of them. I really hope somehow they can turn this around. All hope isnt lost, but its in dire need to change. Thanks for reading, and I hope cube takes this criticism to heart.

If you disagree I would love to hear your opinions, thanks for reading!

I should add please do not harass any staff members or users please, there are actual people on the other side of the screen.

@Reesle Can you please provide some feedback on why you reacted the way you did? I am interested to hear a counterargument

Last edited:

NADER KANAAN

Nov 3, 2023
Lebanon
Today I decided to talk about everything wrong with Cubecraft and how the server is pretty much garbage now.

THE LAG
The lag on the server compared to Hive is so noticeable. I know it is not me because every other server works fine. Especially in Bridge, I everything like shooting an arrow or trying to break blocks below myself feels delayed or just doesnt work. Every game feels like Lifeboat now. All their fancy little transitions really lag the server

BEDWARS/EGGWARS
Bedwars is a mess. You can not tell me that they released BedWars because they were thinking about if before Hive did. They did it purely to capitalize off Hive's BedWars popularity. And you can tell. Even though it released first, you can tell its just some random things thrown together. Obviously barley any development time went into it as its a carbon copy of Hypixel. Custom items such as turrets? Just skeletons? Bridge builders? Awful. Everything to the generator is just copied straight from Hypixel and rushed together for a quick buck. And eggwars is even worse. They ruined basically every aspect of what made the original game so great. It takes SO LONG to kill in OP mode. I know they are bringing OG eggwars back, but its still a nitpick.

MONETIZATION
Now this is what I have an issue with. Cubecraft is obsessed with stuffing paid purchases down your throat. First thing you see when entering the lobby? A bundle. The sides of the lobby? A bundle. Because if they were hidden, how could Cubecraft take advantage of this great opportunity to provide no cosmetics for $6! They release bundles for everything under the sun, such as the "Clickbait Bundle" or "RGB Bundle" and to make it even worse, they release bundles such as the Backrooms Bundle because the Backrooms is popular! Hive's Backrooms Murder Mystery map is fun because it changes every time and has unique secrets to find. Cubecraft? Monetizes it and makes it into an awful EggWars map.

Speaking of, the entire Monetization system is garbage. The fact that EACH gamemode costs $10 USD is insane. No way should a rank that gives you SHOES AND CAGES be $10. Every single cosmetic on the server is paid, except for like 6 in total. 1 flag skin? Better fork over $3!!! Same with one egg skin! And before you comment "Well duhhh Hive costumes cost money!!!!" Well, you can get costumes for free with quest points. They PROVIDE free ways to get cosmetics, such as their superior leveling system where 90% of cosmetics are unlocked. Cube just slops together random bundles with, may I add, less cosmetics than the bundles that cost $2 on the Hive, for OVER $5. Locking EVERY cosmetic behind a paywall is a garbage practice.

The Beta Games bundle is the biggest scam in History. $4 a month FOR MAP SELECTION AND GAME VOTING. $4. DOLLARS. A. MONTH. This is downright robbery. AT LEAST Hive's Replay is 830 Minecoins for a YEAR, and is way more useful then MAP SELECTION. I was baffled that a server I looked up to released this. This is honestly disgusting.

VIP LEVELS
Overall, I think the VIP levels are fine. Except for the level 30 reward, which is flight. You have to spend over $200 to fly in lobbies. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Spending $200 on a Minecraft server just to FLY is insane. On The Hive, you can purchase a mount for around $7 (Which is still way overpriced if you ask me) and get the ability to fly in lobbies. And the lobbies have stuff to find, parkours to do, and all that. But most Cube lobbies are void of anything. There is no reason to get flight other than to flex.

SERVER STAFF TEAM
Im not going to go too in depth here (I dont want to get this post deleted/locked) but the CC staff team is garbage. They handle certain situations so terribly that its baffling. The incident that happened a few months ago was one of the worst handled ways I have seen an incident be handled on a Minecraft server. There is some other stuff that I would like to add but I will avoid saying.

LACK OF CARE
Cube just doesnt care about their own server. All of the issues above and many more such as BlockWars, BedWars, and lack of anything really interesting to stand out anymore. Cubecraft now really only has Minerware to stand out. Remember when they said they wouldn't add Bedwars because its too similar to Hypixel? They realized it made profit and threw some stuff together. This whole incident with the content creators was also not handled well at all, just leaving everyone in the dark and not even reaching out to the creators privately. And its honestly really sad. Seeing the Cubecraft playercount decrease and see the server as a shell of its former self, its heartbreaking. I grew up on this server and I just feel like money got the best of them. I really hope somehow they can turn this around. All hope isnt lost, but its in dire need to change. Thanks for reading, and I hope cube takes this criticism to heart.

Who want to read all this? I just read half
You only see the flaws, you don't see the cool things.

Sep 10, 2024
You only see the flaws, you don't see the cool things.

What is there thats left thats cool tho? A lot of the flaws heavily affect my experiences on the network. I guess a posititives are Minerware and Pillars of Fortune, but most of my positives apply to Minecraft as a whole and other servers also. If you read it, I said Cubecraft doesnt offer anything really unique anymore.

NADER KANAAN

Nov 3, 2023
Lebanon
What is there thats left thats cool tho? A lot of the flaws heavily affect my experiences on the network. I guess a posititives are Minerware and Pillars of Fortune, but most of my positives apply to Minecraft as a whole and other servers also. If you read it, I said Cubecraft doesnt offer anything really unique anymore.
If use see a buy you can report here ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/categories/bug-reports.151/
If use have idea BC u r Mr IQ you can to Suggest it here ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/newest
If u see a cheater u can to report here ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/categories/player-reports.150/
If u get ban from ops u can to appeal here ---> https://appeals.cubecraft.net/
If you need anything else you can join into their server . ----> https://discord.com/invite/cubecraft
Don't worry team cubecraft to help you 😊

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
MONETIZATION

I don't really see any problems with the bundles Cubecraft has to offer. Many servers and even other games has them. Mobile games like Clash Royale and Brawl Stars has bundles that gives you just few emotes and that alone can cost 5 dollars, and you can't get them without paying real money. Fortnite has skins that you can buy with real money. And all of these games I mentioned even have seasonal battle pass system. So why is it so bad when Cubecraft has bundles? It's not like people have to buy them, because they don't even give you any advantage during the games.

Real problem would be if Cubecraft had "pay to win" purchases, like loot boxes that gives players better gear on certain gamemodes. Or updates that cost money in order to play. (And yes, these are real things that some servers and games have).

I do agree that it would be fun to get these bundles for free as a reward for winning or getting on a certain level, but that would kinda make these bundles worthless and they would not be worth buying. Cubecraft would then need to make more money in some other way.

Sep 10, 2024
I don't really see any problems with the bundles Cubecraft has to offer. Many servers and even other games has them.
The problem isnt the fact that they HAVE bundles, its the fact that they are WAY too overpriced and are advertised all over the place. The Hive, for example, has many bundles, however, not only do they offer more than Cubecraft's, they are way cheaper, and also are not advertised in the middle of the hub. They also do not release a bundle for every occasion on the face of the earth.

If use see a buy you can report here ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/categories/bug-reports.151/
If use have idea BC u r Mr IQ you can to Suggest it here ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/newest
If u see a cheater u can to report here ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/categories/player-reports.150/
If u get ban from ops u can to appeal here ---> https://appeals.cubecraft.net/
If you need anything else you can join into their server . ----> https://discord.com/invite/cubecraft
Don't worry team cubecraft to help you 😊
What? None of this is my point. My point is that some things such as locking simple features such as map selection and rushing gamemodes purely for profit cant be fixed like that.

Mappoe

Novice Member
Apr 8, 2023
Asia
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

THE LAG

BEDWARS/EGGWARS

MONETIZATION

VIP LEVELS

SERVER STAFF TEAM

LACK OF CARE

the lag.
i barely experience any lag in asia servers (unless other players are from a different region and are connected to an asia server which does happen every now and then). some of the games tho, like eggwars, and ctf (last i checked, around a month back iirc) which has barely any/no asia servers due to some problem with the cables. due to that lag, i dont play those games. besides that, i dont face any lag (ping or fps). block breaking isnt delayed for me and nor is shooting arrows. my ping is usually ~100ms.

monetization part
cubecraft isnt forcing you to buy all those cosmetics. theyre just there as a sort of advertisement.
10$ for a rank isnt even overpriced. along with the cosmetics (shoes, cages, etc) they also give you voting perms which allows you to vote for gamemodes in game (normal, overpowered, etc). besides, once again, its not like you're being forced to buy the bundles. its your own decision to buy premium content.

cubecraft lobbies
cubecraft lobbies, too, have parkours and new hunts (cake hunt, ice cream hunt, present hunt, etc) every once in a while. though i admit, they should add some more activities to the lobby in bedrock, similarly to how there's fishing and chests that appear in the lobby in java.

staff team
everyone has their own downsides. they have handled some situations poorly, but im sure they're trying. every staff member i have interacted with so far are amazing people - the mods, admins, devs, etc. i do understand you're referring to the way theyve handled situations in the past, but calling them "garbage" seems straight up offencive.

cc doesnt care
them bringing back 5v5 blockwars (even though it did take them a bit) and working on bringing back og eggwars is simply them showing that they dont care? i think not.

i will admit bedwars was a bit unnecessary, though it wasnt completely bad. the game itself isnt the best and could use some improvements, but the one advantage it has is that it's not as competitive as eggwars and therefore is a good game for the not so great players.
i wont say everything cubecraft has done was good this year. but not everything was bad either. what we can do is maybe be supportive of the staff team so they get more motivated to make cubecraft a better place altogether.

if i made any errors here, feel free to correct me.

Sep 10, 2024
Ok how is a rank that is $10 and only gives you perks for a specific gamemode not overpriced. That is over $100 for a rank for every game.
Sure the lobbies have hunts, but that is few and far between. They do have parkour also, but there isnt much to do aside that. At least Hive has Dora the Explorer, The Train, and Parkours of their own.

Locking EVERY SINGLE SKIN in the game behind a paywall should not be normalized. They do not offer ANY free cosmetics aside 1 win effect and a prefix as of now. If I play Hive for a year, I can get mostly every cosmetic aside a few others for free. For Cubecraft however, most if not every cosmetic is locked behind a rank, bundle, or individual purchase.

Bedwars was ONLY made to capitalize on Hive's adding BedWars. Saying it wasnt rushed is a lie. At launch it was god awful. The amount of effort cubecraft puts into bedwars vs hive is pathetic. They just scrambled to release their own version.

The lag is probably because im used to Hive PVP also which isnt as weird, but I saw noticeable delays while playing Blockwars

NADER KANAAN

Nov 3, 2023
Lebanon
The problem isnt the fact that they HAVE bundles, its the fact that they are WAY too overpriced and are advertised all over the place. The Hive, for example, has many bundles, however, not only do they offer more than Cubecraft's, they are way cheaper, and also are not advertised in the middle of the hub. They also do not release a bundle for every occasion on the face of the earth.
In the bundle cubecraft :
U can get more prefix and VIP lvl and boddys and when u get VIP lvl you can to change your colors name + have border
The most important thing is not to forget that it is difficult to make and looks great.
If the bundle for eggwars you get egg skin shop skin prefix for eggwars win effect
In the hive :
You don't have win effect . you don't have VIP lvl. You don't have prefix . only the green your color in your username . you don't have border like cubecraft
Your account is new just to do this things?
All this to dont buy 5$ ---> 10$ ?

Sep 10, 2024
In the bundle cubecraft :
U can get more prefix and VIP lvl and boddys and when u get VIP lvl you can to change your colors name + have border
The most important thing is not to forget that it is difficult to make and looks great.
If the bundle for eggwars you get egg skin shop skin prefix for eggwars win effect
In the hive :
You don't have win effect . you don't have VIP lvl. You don't have prefix . only the green your color in your username . you don't have border like cubecraft
Your account is new just to do this things?
All this to dont buy 5$ ---> 10$ ?
Yeah, because you dont need a vip level. Hive Plus allows you to level up faster and get cosmetics in the games such as hub titles, quest points, and costumes. They dont NEED vip levels because there arent that many premium cosmetics. Most are unlocked by just playing the games. And they have hub titles and avatars, and hub titles are more useful because even if you have chat off you can still see them at all times

NADER KANAAN

Nov 3, 2023
Lebanon
Yeah, because you dont need a vip level. Hive Plus allows you to level up faster and get cosmetics in the games such as hub titles, quest points, and costumes. They dont NEED vip levels because there arent that many premium cosmetics. Most are unlocked by just playing the games.
Just to don't buy 5 ---> 10$ ? Bro you dont die if you buy it
The same things get boring.
BC the hive don't have ideas like cubecraft

• Heart
Reactions: BicolourSine41
Sep 10, 2024
Just to don't buy 5 ---> 10$ ? Bro you dont die if you buy it
The same things get boring.
BC the hive don't have ideas like cubecraft
"Doesnt have ideas?"

Look at their costumes. Their gamemodes. Cubecraft's most fun gamemode is stolen from a youtuber. They put twists on games like CTF, Block Drop, Block Party, and heck even SkyWars. Cubecraft's most "creative" thing all year was to just make a complete copy of Hypixel bedwars.

Hive has probably 20x the cosmetics but they are all free. You have to work hard to get them.

Mappoe

Novice Member
Apr 8, 2023
Asia
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok how is a rank that is $10 and only gives you perks for a specific gamemode not overpriced. That is over $100 for a rank for every game.
Sure the lobbies have hunts, but that is few and far between. They do have parkour also, but there isnt much to do aside that. At least Hive has Dora the Explorer, The Train, and Parkours of their own.

Locking EVERY SINGLE SKIN in the game behind a paywall should not be normalized. They do not offer ANY free cosmetics aside 1 win effect and a prefix as of now. If I play Hive for a year, I can get mostly every cosmetic aside a few others for free. For Cubecraft however, most if not every cosmetic is locked behind a rank, bundle, or individual purchase.

Bedwars was ONLY made to capitalize on Hive's adding BedWars. Saying it wasnt rushed is a lie. At launch it was god awful. The amount of effort cubecraft puts into bedwars vs hive is pathetic. They just scrambled to release their own version.

The lag is probably because im used to Hive PVP also which isnt as weird, but I saw noticeable delays while playing Blockwars
not every content pack cubecraft has made is locked behind a paywall. the hunts give you some free cosmetics and there are a few packs that are free which can get you to vip level 2 (a plants pack iirc and the landscapes episode 1 skinpack, which is free once an year during the spring sale iirc). i do admit tho, cubecraft bedrock needs some way to get some more free cosmetics like how we have cubelets in java.

also, i didnt say bedwars isnt rushed

Sep 10, 2024
not every content pack cubecraft has made is locked behind a paywall. the hunts give you some free cosmetics and there are a few packs that are free which can get you to vip level 2 (a plants pack iirc and the landscapes episode 1 skinpack, which is free once an year during the spring sale iirc). i do admit tho, cubecraft bedrock needs some way to get some more free cosmetics like how we have cubelets in java.

also, i didnt say bedwars isnt rushed
"Some" free cosmetics. Basically every single cosmetic as of now is locked behind a paywall. There isnt even a free EGGSKIN for god's sake. If there is a user who doesnt spend a PENNY on Hive, they can get 90-95% of the cosmetics from just playing. You cant even play the way you want to sometimes without a rank on cubecraft

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him

THE LAG

BEDWARS/EGGWARS

MONETIZATION

VIP LEVELS

SERVER STAFF TEAM

LACK OF CARE

Lag:
little bit but just wait for 20 sec and its over again

Bedwars/Eggwars
these games are so different of eachother and they both are fun

Mondenezation
If you really like a game you purchase that rank. and it comes with loads of cosmetics and vip xp
Bundles give so much cool cosmetics and its good to see a bit of a bundle in the lobby to know if you wanna buy it and if you buy it you can find it easely.
For beta games subcription, it could be changed to a rank with some cosmetics

VIP levels:
flight is really cool, but they could add something like spectator mode.

Staff
at this point we have great and kind staff. they are a little little, but helper applications arent availible for nothing.

Lack of Care
This is the biggest :disagree::disagree::disagree: that i could think of.
the server gets loads of updates and new maps, and they are working at the parcour under the main lobby. and they are fixing loads of bugs right now.

noo, cubecraft offers way cooler cosmetics and they could get something for it.
if you think its too expensive you better dont buy a pc

Mappoe

Novice Member
Apr 8, 2023
Asia
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
"Some" free cosmetics. Basically every single cosmetic as of now is locked behind a paywall. There isnt even a free EGGSKIN for god's sake. If there is a user who doesnt spend a PENNY on Hive, they can get 90-95% of the cosmetics from just playing. You cant even play the way you want to sometimes without a rank on cubecraft
i do admit tho, cubecraft bedrock needs some way to get some more free cosmetics like how we have cubelets in java.

Sep 10, 2024
Lag:
little bit but just wait for 20 sec and its over again

Bedwars/Eggwars
these games are so different of eachother and they both are fun

Mondenezation
If you really like a game you purchase that rank. and it comes with loads of cosmetics and vip xp
Bundles give so much cool cosmetics and its good to see a bit of a bundle in the lobby to know if you wanna buy it and if you buy it you can find it easely.
For beta games subcription, it could be changed to a rank with some cosmetics

VIP levels:
flight is really cool, but they could add something like spectator mode.

Staff
at this point we have great and kind staff. they are a little little, but helper applications arent availible for nothing.

Lack of Care
This is the biggest :disagree::disagree::disagree: that i could think of.
the server gets loads of updates and new maps, and they are working at the parcour under the main lobby. and they are fixing loads of bugs right now.

noo, cubecraft offers way cooler cosmetics and they could get something for it.
if you think its too expensive you better dont buy a pc
Again, their cosmetics are locked behind a $6 paywall. And you get an average of around 7 cosmetics. The fire bundle has 7 COSMETICS. Voting for a gamemode YOU WANT to play should not be behind a paywall. They should make it like Hive's voting system.

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him
Again, their cosmetics are locked behind a $6 paywall. And you get an average of around 7 cosmetics. The fire bundle has 7 COSMETICS. Voting for a gamemode YOU WANT to play should not be behind a paywall. They should make it like Hive's voting system.
you have single store items

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ananas_time wrote on Blom's profile.
when are you reviewing records Mr.Blom
ananas_time wrote on Dreamer's profile.
1726678954748.png
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
AND YOU USE HACKS TOO
Reesle wrote on calvinhrn45's profile.
Hello again Calvin! I believe I have the link to the summer bundle 2020. DM me if you’d like me to send it.
maybe Top1 ?
owner UFC clan
<3
Top Bottom