• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No (Explain why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 469419

Hello,

Currently, as you well know, you cannot edit the conversations, and it is quite annoying, because several times you can make a mistake while you're writing and cannot edit, it would be nice to be able to edit the conversations (as in the threads)

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I keep forgetting that a text smiley turns into an actual smiley. I can edit them in threads and not in conversations. I can't express how much I hate that. This doesn't really add anything to the thread but like..
yes..
I don't want to bother people with more notifications and I don't want people to think I enjoy using those god awful emotes.
This should be changed, but another thing that should be changed is that writing : D but without the space: doesn't turn into an emote. It's bad. It really is.

I just needed to do this rant.

D

Deleted member 469419

I keep forgetting that a text smiley turns into an actual smiley. I can edit them in threads and not in conversations. I can't express how much I hate that. This doesn't really add anything to the thread but like..
yes..
I don't want to bother people with more notifications and I don't want people to think I enjoy using those god awful emotes.
This should be changed, but another thing that should be changed is that writing : D but without the space: doesn't turn into an emote. It's bad. It really is.

I just needed to do this rant.

Yeah, in all my conversations, there are minimum one mistake, and I always have to bother people with another message, that suppose another notification and I know that notifications (And more, to the people who have turned email notifications on) molest.

So, we need a change in that aspect, we have to feel free of edit anything when we want.

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
Just a few days ago, I didn't know how to edit a comment of mine in a conversation and therefore, I preferred to delete it entirely. I eliminated it because of my concern but in the end it ended that it was not necessary. Maybe they don't allow it because the community could abuse it and change the answers in conversations with the staff, but if this were the case I would have a solution: add a "last change seconds/minutes/hours/days/months/years ago" to the modified message. So as to avoid such cases:
Player - "Mod can I appeal for an unban?"
Staff - "Sure"
* player edits the message to "Can you give me free cubelets?" to make the staff look bad *

In conclusion, the solution would be very simple if this were the case.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Just a few days ago, I didn't know how to edit a comment of mine in a conversation and therefore, I preferred to delete it entirely. I eliminated it because of my concern but in the end it ended that it was not necessary. Maybe they don't allow it because the community could abuse it and change the answers in conversations with the staff, but if this were the case I would have a solution: add a "last change seconds/minutes/hours/days/months/years ago" to the modified message. So as to avoid such cases:
Staff - "Sure"
* player edits the message to "Can you give me free cubelets?" to make the staff look bad *

If you edit a message on the forums, you already see ''Edited: A moment ago / 28-01-2020''
But even if they can't make it so it says ''edited: ...'' , staff isn't just gonna say ''sure! here! take some free cubelets!''. This would obviously be faked...

D

Deleted member 469419

Staff - "Sure"

Anyways, If that happens, If some staff though that a person is trolling he/she, they have the permission to see how many times have you edited the conversation. Or if they didn't have the permission to see it (Although they should have it) They would able to contact with a superior member of staff a (Administrator). The same proccess to a normal member.

Reactions: Dubby Plays

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
If you edit a message on the forums, you already see ''Edited: A moment ago / 28-01-2020''
But even if they can't make it so it says ''edited: ...'' , staff isn't just gonna say ''sure! here! take some free cubelets!''. This would obviously be faked...

Yes, on the forums. But not on your conversation, like the ones in your status for example. But nvmd, I just wanted to make an example.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Staff - "Sure"

Tbh that wouldn’t be an issue. I mean, everyone can fake anything conversations (and even thread) related as some browsers have the “Inspector” thingy.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Tbh that wouldn’t be an issue. I mean, everyone can fake anything conversations (and even thread) related as some browsers have the “Inspector” thingy.
And then there would still be ''Last edited on [....]'' so people will know you edited, problem then is, people don't know what question/statement there was before the edit.

But to come to the subject, this would be so convenient. I always have these typo's with emoji's because they automatically transfer into the real emoji's. Or a spelling mistake, that kind of things. And I find it confusing for the other person in the conversation to make 2/3 extra messages for it.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

AuraVST wrote on Thjis's profile.
Belated Happy Thijsrthday !! 🥳🥳🥳
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Thjis's profile.
ThisjBlocker
memerman wrote on ThreadyPilot's profile.
happy birthday
memerman wrote on jasvik_ivan's profile.
happy birthday
memerman wrote on MnM3 MnM4's profile.
happy birth day, welcome to the community
Top Bottom