Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like this feature add to EggWars?

• Total voters

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok so, I noticed some players just love camping on top/below of the Maps which is annoying. Anyways, I would like to suggest if player stay too long below or top of the maps, they'll take damages.
Considering that camping like this is against the rules, I see no reason to not have this in the game.

If that feature is a problem to someone, that someone is most likely violating server rules anyway, so they shold be grateful you are taking damage instead of a potential account ban.

Last edited:
Reactions: YeoXuHang

YeoXuHang

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2023
Malaysia
www.cubecraft.net
Considering that camping like this is against the rules, I see no reason to not have this in the game.

If that feature is a problem to someone, that someone are most likely violating server rules anyway, so they shold be grateful you are taking damage instead of a potential account ban.
Well adding this, so they not going to continue camping on top/below. Easier to get them

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Honestly I love this idea! So many people are camping on build limit and sometimes even under the islands. I think it would also be good to add some sort of text warning players that camping is illegal as soon as they start taking damage. This would also help new players to know that camping is illegal.

• Agree

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
If this limit is added, it should only be at the absolute lowest points of the map as well as right near the height limit.

I’m currently thinking of the EggWars Teams of 4 map that has the giant cauldron in the middle.
Many players including myself will utilize the top of a map (i.e. where there are still some blocks of the map) as a strategic place to bridge from.
A bunch of enemy players are inside the center cauldron area, how do you bridge to their island without being immediately noticed? What if you want to position yourself as a sniper and knock players off of bridges without them coming up behind you, or observe the enemy teams to make an attack plan?

I think we should ensure that a line is drawn between strategically using the upper part of a map and staying on a platform way up at the height limit for a long time.

One of the reasons why I’m not a fan of the Hive’s SkyWars is the height restrictions. In my opinion it discourages creativity and caters to a single player type.

How I think it should work, if the suggested idea were implemented

Now if we were to implement an anti-camper feature, the timer before you take damage would have to be a decent length, perhaps two minutes or so, to allow for someone to bridge. Some people bridge slower than others, so we should account for that.
What makes a player a camper is them being in one hard-to reach area for a long time. A typical camper will probably be in an area for definitely over two minutes.

The damage range should begin at the height limit of the map and extend downwards by several blocks, but no more than that. It may depend on the map, but 10 blocks of damage range could work.
The lower damage range would be the same, but at the lowest point of the map. The blocks of damage range would vary between maps here as well.

Note: some maps, (I’m not sure how many) like Mangrove in EggWars Teams of 4, have blocks that are above the in-game building limit, so in that case the damage range would begin at that uppermost block instead of the height limit below.
Aside from that case, the upper damage range should not reach any upper blocks of a map

Last edited:

lh201202729

Jan 3, 2024
Yes,lots of people eilk camping atvthe top when their eggs are broke,it will become annoying because they may broke the bridge of climbing to the top,it will need a couple of time to found them.

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This would be a good addition.

If people camp, there is only a small chance they will be reported. I can swear that if I try to camp in eggwars there is only a small chance I will be reported. And if campers are reported, it takes at least a few hours before they get banned. Camping has no consequences during the game, only afterwards. Which makes those people keep camping and the game can take ages. having a system to damage players if they come too close to the top/bottom will make them die so the game doesnt take ages. the reason why camping is also banned.

Haken6243

Mar 19, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
I am not really sure adding this "forced" limit would be such a great idea...
Adding such a feature would end camping immediately but this higher space (that would be restricted) is also used by other players, not intending to camp. I've seen a lot of players trying to run away from me up there and they would be influenced by this decission. For the underbasing thing: In my opinion you could totally add this there

What I want to say: I don't think adding damage over a specific height is a good idea unless there is a certain time you can be there until you take damage. Example: a player goes up there or clutches somewehere under the base and has got like 1 minute time to go back to the "normal" height, and if he just stays there, he starts tanking damage.

I totally agree to that:
Now if we were to implement an anti-camper feature, the timer before you take damage would have to be a decent length, perhaps two minutes or so, to allow for someone to bridge. Some people bridge slower than others, so we should account for that.
What makes a player a camper is them being in one hard-to reach area for a long time. A typical camper will probably be in an area for definitely over two minutes.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on YeoXuHang's profile.
Thanks for playing!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Lord of Ducks's profile.
I can play PoF with you! But I don't have the subscription
BicolourSine41 wrote on !notcitingdow's profile.
Thanks for the follow! Have it back :)
Reesle wrote on yuduki0729's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :D
Happy to have you here!
Reesle wrote on Lycheesis's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom