Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

You like this thread? (only vote if you've liked the post)

• Heck yeah

• [Redacted]

• I am level 1 on forums and I don't know what a poll is (EXPLAIN WHY)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Adding a poll to your thread is a great way to gauge the popularity of your suggestion, but there are a number of neat tricks to increase the proportion of positive votes. In this thread I will go through the 7 most popular techniques seen on the CubeCraft forums of coercing members to vote in support and dissuading the naysayers from voicing their opinion.
Trick #1: Include only positive voting options
This is the easiest way to stop people from voting against your thread whilst still allowing those who mildly agree to stack up in the poll.
upload_2019-8-12_15-12-11.png

Trick #2: Add offensive reasoning to the "No" option
To make your poll appear more fair it's a good idea to include a "No" option. However, to stop people from actually clicking on it many wise members add an explanation that no self-respecting individual would ever want to voice.
upload_2019-8-12_15-21-2.png

Trick #3: Add irrelevant or invalid reasoning to the "No" option
By specifying a reason for people to disagree with your suggestion, you stop them from voting as they don't agree with your purposely bad argument.
upload_2019-8-12_15-31-42.png

Trick #4: Only allow like-minded people to vote
To filter out those who don't like your suggestion or think it would be a waste of time, state a requirement that only believers in your cause will fulfil.
upload_2019-8-12_17-13-46.png

Trick #5: Make only the people who vote "No" explain themselves
This is the most popular technique in the suggestions forum! Bias is introduced by only making those who disagree have to write out an explanation. This means fewer people will vote against you as they'd have to waste time listing reasons - even if someone else has already done so!
upload_2019-8-12_15-58-34.png

Make votes publicly visible for best results!

Trick #6: Aggressively call anyone out who votes against you
This is an upgrade to Trick #5. Once you've tagged one person for disagreeing with you it deters everyone else from doing the same.

upload_2019-8-12_16-32-0.png

Trick #7: ALTS ALTS ALTS
This is a wholesome and very innocent method of slightly increasing the support for your suggestion. You might want to turn off publicly visible votes for this one to protect your accounts.
upload_2019-8-12_17-56-32.png

So this thread is a joke about how meaningless polls often are on CubeCraft due to a biased question or set of responses. All screenshots are examples I created as I don't want to target anyone, but I've seen all these "tricks" used in real threads.

Feel free to share other tips and advice below, but most importantly vote nice things in the poll or I will unfollow you and all your alts.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-12_15-31-30.png
    upload_2019-8-12_15-31-30.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 124

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Adding a poll to your thread is a great way to gauge the popularity of your suggestion, but there are a number of neat tricks to increase the proportion of positive votes. In this thread I will go through the 7 most popular techniques seen on the CubeCraft forums of coercing members to vote in support and dissuading the naysayers from voicing their opinion.
Trick #1: Include only positive voting options
This is the easiest way to stop people from voting against your thread whilst still allowing those who mildly agree to stack up in the poll.
View attachment 155068

Trick #2: Add offensive reasoning to the "No" option
To make your poll appear more fair it's a good idea to include a "No" option. However, to stop people from actually clicking on it many wise members add an explanation that no self-respecting individual would ever want to voice.
View attachment 155070

Trick #3: Add irrelevant or invalid reasoning to the "No" option
By specifying a reason for people to disagree with your suggestion, you stop them from voting as they don't agree with your purposely bad argument.
View attachment 155072

Trick #4: Only allow like-minded people to vote

To filter out those who don't like your suggestion or think it would be a waste of time, state a requirement that only believers in your cause will fulfil.
View attachment 155077

Trick #5: Make only the people who vote "No" explain themselves
This is the most popular technique in the suggestions forum! Bias is introduced by only making those who disagree have to write out an explanation. This means fewer people will vote against you as they'd have to waste time listing reasons - even if someone else has already done so!
View attachment 155073
Make votes publicly visible for best results!

Trick #6: Aggressively call anyone out who votes against you

This is an upgrade to Trick #5. Once you've tagged one person for disagreeing with you it deters everyone else from doing the same.
View attachment 155075

Trick #7: ALTS ALTS ALTS

This is a wholesome and very innocent method of slightly increasing the support for your suggestion. You might want to turn off publicly visible votes for this one to protect your accounts.
View attachment 155079

So this thread is a joke about how meaningless polls often are on CubeCraft due to a biased question or set of responses. All screenshots are examples I created as I don't want to target anyone, but I've seen all these "tricks" used in real threads.

Feel free to share other tips and advice below, but most importantly vote nice things in the poll or I will unfollow you and all your alts.
I am not stupid. That aside, hilarious thread lol

Last edited:
Reactions: MrGrumpyCheese
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on lichtim's profile.
Happy birthday!🎈
UncleSpect wrote on lichtim's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
fanclub?
1725746466602.png
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
💜
Top Bottom