Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

stifty

Aug 16, 2024
hello just wanted to put a suggestion in. like i get the renewing of the server en all but in my opinion if you want more people in your server you should put more original gamemodes in or at least be the one with the best version of it. so i dont know everything en how easy it is to make some gamemodes but still. i think you should stop with games like skyblock its just that hypixel has such a good en popular skyblock it feels useless. but you could focus on getting your tower defence back nobody had that. or now hive is gone from java you could get a good hide en seek in its just that in my opinion. it would get alot more attention because its not easy found on other servers. so even with just those 2 i think you could get alot more people in because as i said no other server really has that right now, atleast not a good 1 so. do with it what you want just really hope this server gets back to being as much fun as before. this was my fav. en good luck.

Last edited:

stifty

Aug 16, 2024
Uh cc hasn’t updated Skyblock in years
i was just saying that because they put it in as 1 of the modes when they first renewed the server. en i currently dont play cubecraft anymore i was just putting ideas out. en even so it doesnt really make it better. they put a mode in that is kinda useless with servers like hypixel en dont even try to do anything with it you know.

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
hello just wanted to put a suggestion in. like i get the renewing of the server en all but in my opinion if you want more people in your server you should put more original gamemodes in or at least be the one with the best version of it. so i dont know everything en how easy it is to make some gamemodes but still. i think you should stop focusing on skyblock its just that hypixel has such a good en popular skyblock it feels useless. but you could focus on getting your tower defence back nobody had that. or now hive is gone from java you could get a good hide en seek in its just that in my opinion. it would get alot more attention because its not easy found on other servers. so even with just those 2 i think you could get alot more people in because as i said no other server really has that right now, atleast not a good 1 so. do with it what you want just really hope this server gets back to being as much fun as before. this was my fav. en good luck.
Skyblock in its 4 and a half years of release hasnt received a single game update (except fixes)

Reactions: Reesle

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
already told the other person read reply pls
I did reply, i was just giving you an actual response. They chose skyblock as its a non PVP gamemode and its Vanilla skyblock something completely different from Hypickle so idk why ur comparing the two

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
i think you should stop focusing on skyblock its just that hypixel has such a good en popular skyblock it feels useless.
There hasn't been a Skyblock update for a long time. Eventually a new update was added to the Notion board that was going to introduce the following:

1723828226196.png

This particular planned update ended up making it to the BLOCKED category a short while after, meaning it's just completely off the table for an indefinite amount of time. All Skyblock related updates have been cancelled and there are no plans for new ones as far as we know of.

Additionally, like @blazingwind47 said, CubeCraft's Skyblock falls under a whole different category of "Skyblock". Hypixel's is essentially just an RPG gamemode whereas CubeCraft actually focuses on the original concept behind Skyblock, with a Vanilla approach.

you could focus on getting your tower defence back nobody had that
Bit unrelated, but technically Creeper Attack on Hypixel is a form of Tower Defence where the players in a team function as the "towers". That aside, I do agree with reimplementing Tower Defence, it may be hard to do as the gamemode will need to be updated to the new game framework, which will take quite a while. At the very least, I would love to see TD make it to the Bedrock network as I think it would be a big hit there.

or now hive is gone from java you could get a good hide en seek in its just that in my opinion. it would get alot more attention because its not easy found on other servers. so even with just those 2 i think you could get alot more people in because as i said no other server really has that right now, atleast not a good 1 so.
I would like to mention that Hypixel has a couple different hide and seek gamemodes: Hide and Seek Prop Hunt, Hide and Seek Party Pooper and Farm Hunt. Not to mention that many smaller servers copy many existing games and one of the most popular games that you can find on basically every one of these smaller networks is Hide and Seek. Sometimes it goes by the name Prop Hunt. It is not unique in the slightest.

stifty

Aug 16, 2024
There hasn't been a Skyblock update for a long time. Eventually a new update was added to the Notion board that was going to introduce the following:

View attachment 232675

This particular planned update ended up making it to the BLOCKED category a short while after, meaning it's just completely off the table for an indefinite amount of time. All Skyblock related updates have been cancelled and there are no plans for new ones as far as we know of.

Additionally, like @blazingwind47 said, CubeCraft's Skyblock falls under a whole different category of "Skyblock". Hypixel's is essentially just an RPG gamemode whereas CubeCraft actually focuses on the original concept behind Skyblock, with a Vanilla approach.

Bit unrelated, but technically Creeper Attack on Hypixel is a form of Tower Defence where the players in a team function as the "towers". That aside, I do agree with reimplementing Tower Defence, it may be hard to do as the gamemode will need to be updated to the new game framework, which will take quite a while. At the very least, I would love to see TD make it to the Bedrock network as I think it would be a big hit there.

I would like to mention that Hypixel has a couple different hide and seek gamemodes: Hide and Seek Prop Hunt, Hide and Seek Party Pooper and Farm Hunt. Not to mention that many smaller servers copy many existing games and one of the most popular games that you can find on basically every one of these smaller networks is Hide and Seek. Sometimes it goes by the name Prop Hunt. It is not unique in the slightest.

View attachment 232675

you all are focusing to much on that skyblock part bro it was just to make a point that they choose wrong gamemodes to put in. the server is dead in comparison to back in the day bro like. you all just reading 1 part of my message en complaining about. im just trying to say that they lost alot of players by for example taking tower defence out. because it was a original non pvp gamemode. en just on de hide en seek on hypixel if you ever played hide en seek on hypixel you know how bad it is so...

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
you all are focusing to much on that skyblock part bro it was just to make a point that they choose wrong gamemodes to put in. the server is dead in comparison to back in the day bro like. you all just reading 1 part of my message en complaining about. im just trying to say that they lost alot of players by for example taking tower defence out. because it was a original non pvp gamemode. en just on de hide en seek on hypixel if you ever played hide en seek on hypixel you know how bad it is so...
If you dont want people to focus on a point then dont include it no offence

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
so the points I can extract:
- Tower Defence should return, as it is unique and fun
- SkyBlock should go, as it is not noticable compared to Hypickle
- CubeCraft should adapt games that were on removed networks, such as Hide&Seek, as there is space for improvement compared to big servers like Hypickle
- Server is dead right now, and you hope it returns to its original state (being 2021 or 2017, either works)

starting with the last point: CubeCraft is indeed not doing too well. They are on a big uprise however, mostly thanks to LTM game Pillars of Fortune (PoF) which carries a fifth of the network at any given moment. Why is this the case? PoF has been hyped up in the correct way. It was advertised pretty decently, even though there was no announcement date or whatsoever. Just a fun and casual game to play with friends. In addition, it was hyped with other TikTok creators, which CubeCraft adapted from. They were the only to do so, which pays out in the form of players. Thirdly, it is a quick game (max 5 minutes) with a lot of chaos.

Fact is, CubeCraft relies on the short attention span of the average teenager, which is so short I can mention it three times in the same sentence: short. That brings me to the next (first) point: Tower Defence. I loved this game, was involved in the community and even though I didn't get half of the game, still loved the concept (as did you, going off of your post). Why then shouldn't it return or would it be a bad move seen from the company side of CubeCraft? As said: short attention span (are you even reading this still? probably lost you along the way lol). Tower Defence, on an average game, takes over 20 minutes. Ain't no one got time for that anymore. It would be more fun if those twenty minutes contain action at every single one of those minutes, but that's not the case.

There are three important moments in a game of Tower Defence: the start ("please let me not have teammates that build over 4 3x3 spots with a single quake tower"), the moment people start sending a ton of level IV blazes ("Oh no, we're soooo dead...") and Armageddon ("How did we survive the Blazes in the first place??"). After all this effort, taking over 30 minutes of continuously going in a towers menu to upgrade it and moving to the next one, the rewards sucked, it was not worth it and the feeling of satisfaction was barely present. And all this was only in the case that you were not against a tryhard 6 people party, which could ruin your fun three times over. The concept is really nice, but with todays standards and player count, I don't see how it would be a good idea to get it back on the network.

Then SkyBlock. I partially agree with you on the fact that it is omega small compared to Hypickle, but it is a completely different concept. It is PvE rather than PvP. There is no trading, no visiting islands, no tarantula bosses or crazy market places. It's you and your friends against crazy overpowered zombies. Should it get an update? Probably. Is it worth getting removed? No. It drags VERY dedicated and consistent players to the network, while taking up no development time right now. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. You don't have to enjoy upgrading your cow spawners to level 18 or waiting 4 days on your trees, just play a different game.

So, should we get Hide & Seek then? Maybe. I don't hate it. It's not really respectful, but it's not terrible. Does Hide&Seek fit in the current game roster? No, not really, but the game is just fun on itself. A non-PvP game would suit the network, but H&S might not be the one. Everyone that knows me knows I want MinerWare to return, DESPERATELY, but Among Slimes, Quake Craft or Slime Survival would survive on itself pretty alright if you ask me. So, new game? Maybe, not sure, who knows.

I hope you feel like all your points have been treated. I want the best for Cube as well, so if you ask me if your suggestion brings us there, I would probably disagree, even though you spit some solid facts throughout your post.

TL;DR - You guys are Gen Z, you can't keep concentration for 3 minutes, ain't no way TD is returning. If you disagree, then you got debunked as you are reading TL;DR...

• Agree
Reactions: Fishyy and Hoshi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on YeoXuHang's profile.
Thanks for playing!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Lord of Ducks's profile.
I can play PoF with you! But I don't have the subscription
BicolourSine41 wrote on !notcitingdow's profile.
Thanks for the follow! Have it back :)
Reesle wrote on yuduki0729's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :D
Happy to have you here!
Reesle wrote on Lycheesis's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom