Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want to add a player ranking system in cubecraft?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mdc1

Aug 15, 2024
**Introduction:**
Do you sometimes feel bored when facing weaker players? Do you wish for challenges that push you to improve your skills and enjoy the game even more? I have the perfect solution to enhance the CubeCraft gaming experience!
IMG_0108.png

**Body:**
I propose the addition of a ranking system, similar to those found in popular games like Rocket League. Such a system would elevate the level of excitement and competition among players, giving everyone the opportunity to improve and grow. Having an official ranking would also attract a broader audience to the game, making the experience more thrilling and enjoyable.

**Conclusion:**
Thank you for considering my suggestion! If you believe this idea is worth implementing, please confirm by responding with a ✅.

Best regards,

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Do you sometimes feel bored when facing weaker players?
No
Do you wish for challenges that push you to improve your skills and enjoy the game even more?
Yesn't. While a degree of challenge is nice, and even necessary, too much of it just tiring and tedious rather than a fun experience.

I propose the addition of a ranking system, similar to those found in popular games like Rocket League.
oh no

Such a system would elevate the level of excitement and competition among players, giving everyone the opportunity to improve and grow.
Or it would attract the sweatiest tryhards you can possibly find, who'd then flood every lobby, eventually scaring newer players away and eventually killing the whole server, leaving it at a total of 12 active players, 4 of which are moderators, 4 of which are hackers, and 3 of which are players who misclicked while trying to join any other server.

And no, you can't make ranked matchmaking on cubecraft work as a separate mode because for a system like that to work well you need tons of players, and I mean: TONS

And if you made it separate, you'd also need tons of players who are actively interested in playing ranked matches. Which is not nearly as many people as you think. Especially in minecraft.

Otherwise matches in certain ranks will be almost completely empty or inhabited mostly by cheaters.

Unless you suggest for ranks to not matter during matchmaking, in which case this might lead to certain ranks being impossible to get as you will never find enough players to beat with a high enough rank to ever reach them.

Besides, what would the ranking even be based on? Wins? That is problematic for team based gamemodes as it ignores individual brilliance and individual skill, which is the most important for accurately assessing players skill and ranking them based on it.

Kills? That encourages kill farming, something that by the rules is considered a bannable offense in some gamemodes, while in others it would encourage trolling and dragging games on for as long as possible to farm kills for the ranking.

And besides those two things, there is not much you can do to rank players, so on top of lacking the player base we also lack the ability to properly rank players without the system being extremely disfunctional at best.

Seriously, what is there besides wins and kills to rate players on?

Even some highly competitive high quality games struggle with this, in Counter Strike for example I often hear players who ranked up from low ranks to the "medium" ranks that the medium ranks actually have worse players and are overall easier than low ranks.

Not to mention counter strikes system being mostly win based, which as I stated, is terrible for anything that is team based as it mostly ignores the skill of the individual, which is what you are supposed to try to rate and base the ranks off of.

Having an official ranking would also attract a broader audience to the game, making the experience more thrilling and enjoyable.
Its extremely optimistic to think that's what would happen.

Realistically that will mostly attract people who come in with the idea of being rewarded for being extremely competitive, and I already explained why that's a bad idea.

There are also so many other things you can change or add that could make the game more enjoyable that have a better chance of achieving that that are better than a ranking system that I don't think its worth it.

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him
Do you sometimes feel bored when facing weaker players? Do you wish for challenges that push you to improve your skills and enjoy the game even more? I have the perfect solution to enhance the CubeCraft gaming experience!
View attachment 232665

I propose the addition of a ranking system, similar to those found in popular games like Rocket League. Such a system would elevate the level of excitement and competition among players, giving everyone the opportunity to improve and grow. Having an official ranking would also attract a broader audience to the game, making the experience more thrilling and enjoyable.

Thank you for considering my suggestion! If you believe this idea is worth implementing, please confirm by responding with a ✅.

Best regards,
No, its good to practice with very OP players, just take the time and you will get better

mdc1

Aug 15, 2024
Skill based matchmaking does not belong on a server with >99% casual players, for a competetive experience we have external communities/scrims or CubeCraft League.
I hope you understand my point of view. I face a lot of weak players and I don't find much fun in playing. I always win and I want a solution and I face strong people. Can you, for example, link the player's level to the strong people?

Reactions: thetigerpython

Fishyy

Novice Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hyrule Castle
Pronouns
He/Him
No

Yesn't. While a degree of challenge is nice, and even necessary, too much of it just tiring and tedious rather than a fun experience.

oh no

Or it would attract the sweatiest tryhards you can possibly find, who'd then flood every lobby, eventually scaring newer players away and eventually killing the whole server, leaving it at a total of 12 active players, 4 of which are moderators, 4 of which are hackers, and 3 of which are players who misclicked while trying to join any other server.

And no, you can't make ranked matchmaking on cubecraft work as a separate mode because for a system like that to work well you need tons of players, and I mean: TONS

And if you made it separate, you'd also need tons of players who are actively interested in playing ranked matches. Which is not nearly as many people as you think. Especially in minecraft.

Otherwise matches in certain ranks will be almost completely empty or inhabited mostly by cheaters.

Unless you suggest for ranks to not matter during matchmaking, in which case this might lead to certain ranks being impossible to get as you will never find enough players to beat with a high enough rank to ever reach them.

Besides, what would the ranking even be based on? Wins? That is problematic for team based gamemodes as it ignores individual brilliance and individual skill, which is the most important for accurately assessing players skill and ranking them based on it.

Kills? That encourages kill farming, something that by the rules is considered a bannable offense in some gamemodes, while in others it would encourage trolling and dragging games on for as long as possible to farm kills for the ranking.

And besides those two things, there is not much you can do to rank players, so on top of lacking the player base we also lack the ability to properly rank players without the system being extremely disfunctional at best.

Seriously, what is there besides wins and kills to rate players on?

Even some highly competitive high quality games struggle with this, in Counter Strike for example I often hear players who ranked up from low ranks to the "medium" ranks that the medium ranks actually have worse players and are overall easier than low ranks.

Not to mention counter strikes system being mostly win based, which as I stated, is terrible for anything that is team based as it mostly ignores the skill of the individual, which is what you are supposed to try to rate and base the ranks off of.

Its extremely optimistic to think that's what would happen.

Realistically that will mostly attract people who come in with the idea of being rewarded for being extremely competitive, and I already explained why that's a bad idea.

There are also so many other things you can change or add that could make the game more enjoyable that have a better chance of achieving that that are better than a ranking system that I don't think its worth it.
Well said my friend

Reactions: BicolourSine41

hoppyfrog28_

Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
I don't think that this is a good fit for a server that generally has around 20,000 players or less.

Let's say that there are 2,000 players playing SkyWars. Based on the image that you attached, there are 22 ranks. That's roughly 100 players per rank on average. This would drastically decrease matchmaking speed. It would be even worse for smaller gamemodes like Survival Games that may only have 500 players.

I personally like the ability to fight players that are way worse and way better than me. It adds variety and a sense of unpredictability to games.

Flix神

Mar 26, 2024
Cat Land
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 232665:disagree:

Best regards,
actually this would unfair as lower catagory players would not get a chance to play with higher players to improve there skills so I guess I would go to :disagree:

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
actually this would unfair as lower catagory players would not get a chance to play with higher players to improve there skills so I guess I would go to :disagree:
Improvement doesn't come from playing against better players.

Quite the opposite, really good players are often very hard to beat which more often than not leads to the worse players just dying fast and not learning anything. Worse players playing against better players only slows down the improvement of worse players.

If there is ONE thing that would be good about a ranking system, then its the fact that it would make improving at the game much easier for worse players as they'd have the time and comfort to learn the individual parts of the game at their own pace without the risk of some tryhard killing them before they can even figure out what's going on, and all of that while still providing a reasonable challenge for every player due to the players you are playing against being more-or-less equal to you.

Flix神

Mar 26, 2024
Cat Land
Pronouns
He/Him
Improvement doesn't come from playing against better players.

Quite the opposite, really good players are often very hard to beat which more often than not leads to the worse players just dying fast and not learning anything. Worse players playing against better players only slows down the improvement of worse players.

If there is ONE thing that would be good about a ranking system, then its the fact that it would make improving at the game much easier for worse players as they'd have the time and comfort to learn the individual parts of the game at their own pace without the risk of some tryhard killing them before they can even figure out what's going on, and all of that while still providing a reasonable challenge for every player due to the players you are playing against being more-or-less equal to you.
I respect your opinion, and it could be yes because if you're new, you technically can't compete at all with high-end pc players or phones, but still, it's not that in every game there would be a pro player? Obviously, there would be some low and average ones, so the game would be balanced. also just asking, because of which mode you got an idea for ranking system?

Last edited:

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
i respect your opinion and it could be yes because if you're new then you technically can't compete at all with high end player or phone but still it's not that in every game there would be pro player? obviously there would be some low and average ones so game would be balanced also just asking, because of which mode you got an idea for ranking system?
I had a stroke trying to read that, I can not understand what you are trying to say.

Its not my Idea to implement a ranking system. I also completely hate that Idea. Its just that I think that giving players a better chance of improving than "normal" matchmaking is the only good thing about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Fishyy

Flix神

Mar 26, 2024
Cat Land
Pronouns
He/Him
I had a stroke trying to read that, I can not understand what you are trying to say.

Its not my Idea to implement a ranking system. I also completely hate that Idea. Its just that I think that giving players a better chance of improving than "normal" matchmaking is the only good thing about it.
oh sorry, my mistake. i have corrected my grammar mistakes. now you won't get any strokes while reading it again ig.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Rekdyoface1's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on teogamermc's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Eli
The SkyWars Tron map can either make me very happy or very mad, no in between.
Im back
Also i reach the 2k medals in parkour today
1000076322.png
Top Bottom