Status
Not open for further replies.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Okay So In The Official Forum Rules There Is A Point:
Mac said:
  • No inappropriate names, skins, or capes: Names that use racist/extreme swear words. Skins that are deemed offensive.
which normally is taken as Usernames even though it isn't only usernames

I reported a player for seemingly breaking this rule but to a certain extent (still enough for a punishable point)
but when a certain staff member (who will remain nameless) accepted the report I was reading the message they sent & said something normal but it got me thinking (not saying what because again it is for the privacy of this staff member) but I realised what they said was false to a certain extent (until just around now but it was still a valid point that I thought of) now what they said wasn't actually false but something regarding the quote above is a bit vague and unexpected till you really think about it

I reported a player for not having an inappropriate username but an inappropriate name for an item

this is a very little point but I think it may help to just include in the rules that item names count

Reactions: Power Ranger

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Okay So In The Official Forum Rules There Is A Point:

which normally is taken as Usernames even though it isn't only usernames

I reported a player for seemingly breaking this rule but to a certain extent (still enough for a punishable point)
but when a certain staff member (who will remain nameless) accepted the report I was reading the message they sent & said something normal but it got me thinking (not saying what because again it is for the privacy of this staff member) but I realised what they said was false to a certain extent (until just around now but it was still a valid point that I thought of) now what they said wasn't actually false but something regarding the quote above is a bit vague and unexpected till you really think about it

I reported a player for not having an inappropriate username but an inappropriate name for an item

this is a very little point but I think it may help to just include in the rules that item names count

Your post has a lot of blanks that makd it very difficult to read. Glad to see you aren't starting every word with a capital letter though. :p
Are you talking about when someone names something in an anvil?

Last edited:

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Like "hoe"?
diamondhoe_icon32.png

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I understand what you're saying here, for example: someone is in a Skywars game, he will call his sword, "dick".
He thinks it's needed to make this a punishable offence.

@Chimpeeze
@CattyCat

EDIT: A while ago I reported a guy called "YouGetEbola" it got denied, what do you guys think about this name?

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I understand what you're saying here, for example: someone is in a Skywars game, he will call his sword, "dick".

@Chimpeeze
@CattyCat

EDIT: A while ago I reported a guy called "YouGetEbola" it got denied, what do you guys think about this name?
You can appeal to @Mac if you think it was handled incorrectly, however ebola kinda became more of a meme than a disease so im not sure if it was handled correctly

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Like "hoe"?
diamondhoe_icon32.png

no like naming an item the F word for example
That isn't what I am suggesting
because you already can report somebody for naming an item an inappropriate name I am suggesting that in the official rules they clarify that name also counts naming an item & not just usernames

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
I'd see it like this, if someone said ebola in chat. Would they get punished for swearing yes or no? If yes, I'd put it as a inappropriate name.
However I don't think you'd be warned for swearing if you only say "ebola" in chat.

On topic though, it'd be nice seeing a section for "inappropriate item names" on the report site ^^

Reactions: Troublesomee
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This new podium in the beta games lobby looks interesting...
It may be that the old Java lobby leaderboards are coming back? 👀

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-27 164108.png
!notcitingdow wrote on valentinoboo's profile.
Welcome to the Cubecraft forums!!!!
Deepslate3D wrote on TheMrRevZ's profile.
what's ur favorite bisector in the alphabet? mine is 14
New screenshot posted on the Halloween Event's notion page today!
1727457670116.png
BicolourSine41 wrote on CheatersDontWin's profile.
Good username
Top Bottom