Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vocrin

May 2, 2023
Here, There, Gone
Pronouns
He/Him
Re-allow persona skins. (Normal capes, Custom capes, zombie arms, ETC, these are awesome). They say they removed capes because because of performance issues, but with all the trails, cosmetics and entities in game, I doubt they even make a difference. If I'm incorrect, add a setting to turn them off, another reason they said they removed these was because of moderation, and people made inappropriate designs on them, this is silly, because the same can be done on custom skins, which are a lot more accessible and they.. exist

Everyone says that VIP 30 doesn't give enough good stuff, which I cinda agree with, considering how expensive it is, so make one or some cosmetic/s only for vip 30, something really cool (just an idea) would be a lightning kill effect, like lightning kill on Zeqa.

Add a toggle sprint setting. This is really useful for mobile users.

Add a no hurt cam setting option because yes.

Adding small stuff like this can make the server more fair in a way for mobile and console users that don't have access to clients.

I think this could put you a step ahead of the competition (Hive) as we all see how we have been falling behind lately.

Remember, it is possible to remove something if it just doesn't work.

Comment down below if you agree and thanks for hearing me out. <3

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Re-allow persona skins. (Normal capes, Custom capes, zombie arms, ETC, these are awesome). They say they removed capes because because of performance issues, but with all the trails, cosmetics and entities in game, I doubt they even make a difference.
You doubting something does not influence whether its true. The trails and entities and the cosmetics are not nearly as performance consuming as a cape. A friend of mine for example, whenever he plays on java, his PC can handle shaders and texture packs and what not just fine, but capes, especially on shaders, almost always either look horrible or reduce performance, at least according to him. Not to mention that with the right graphics settings you can also not see trails or the other cosmetics either if I am not mistaken. (Especially trails)

If I'm incorrect, add a setting to turn them off, another reason they said they removed these was because of moderation, and people made inappropriate designs on them, this is silly, because the same can be done on custom skins, which are a lot more accessible and they.. exist
Custom skins, at least on bedrock, are rarely used by people. The average person either plays one of the default skins or something from some random skin pack. Also: custom skins, unlike capes, can be turned off from being visible by just changing the "allow trusted skins only" setting (pretty sure that one is even turned on by default)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't mobile players already have buttons for sprinting? Or at least a game setting allowing for a button like that to exist on the UI?

???

Adding small stuff like this can make the server more fair in a way for mobile and console users that don't have access to clients.
I don't see that.

changes that would make the game more fair for mobile and console would be some things suggested in a pretty big thread that was started recently which debates whether or not drag clicking should be banned or whether or not the server should have a hard coded CPS cap.

There is not much else that can be done, though, considering the fact that this would require nerfing almost every aspect that allows PC to be playable. That's sadly almost impossible, at least not without microsoft and mojang interfering directly to make some massive changes which would probably ruin the game for tons of players.

I think this could put you a step ahead of the competition (Hive) as we all see how we have been falling behind lately.
Uhh, no.

Firstly because cosmetics make practically no difference in that.

Secondly because the hive has platform separate matchmaking, at least from what I heard. And THAT is the best way of ensuring mobile players and console players have a fair game: making sure they never have to play against players from outside their own platforms in the first place.

Besides: the thing with the hive is not gonna last in the long term.

Right now the hive is higher because their bedwars mode earned a lot of hype, mostly undeserved hype given how the mode is just a lazy reskin of treasure wars with (mostly minor) balancing changes, meanwhile cubecrafts only big and high quality update in the recent months was also bedwars.

But cubecraft does one thing better than the hive ever will, which is appealing towards newer and worse players.

Modes like giga blockwars and lucky islands are perfect areas for goofing off a bit considering how a lot of things in these games rely on pure luck and how casual the nature of these games is.

Meanwhile minigames like bedwars and eggwars have features in them that make the game a bit easier to survive for newer players. And I doubt they are gonna go away from that direction.

The Hive on the other hand is extremely sweaty and heavily favors tryhards in almost all of their most popular gamemodes, bedwars especially. That is not sutainable in the long term, at some point the amount of skill a new player needs just to... not die immediately is gonna be so high noone is going to want to stay there anymore. And at some point even the tryhards will find tryharding extremely repetitive, especially once they grind out their max levels which they lost after the hive just deleted it after "adding" bedwars.

Give it a couple months, let the summer player wave pass, let the hype for hive bedwars die down, let cubecrafts friendliness towards newer players do its job, and by the end of the year we will probably be higher than the hive in player counts.

In fact, shortly before this summer player wave hit, we already were doing that at peak activity times most days of the weak, its just that the hive as the server that was bigger for a longer time has a lot more players "returning" to it in the summer. So its possible that once the summer player wave dies down, we will already be back on track.

Either then, or when the next season of eggwars gets added. Though that one is apparently going to include some from before this seasons thing started, which may hurt the friendliness towards newer players a little.

BUT to confirm that we have to wait until it comes out and actually check out the changes and play it for a bit. And I choose to remain optimistic about it not being hurt as badly as some of the announced and some of the possible changes may indicate.

Remember, it is possible to remove something if it just doesn't work.
And that's the only thing that's actually worth taking away and into consideration from your post.

Last edited:

thekierdo

Mar 18, 2024
Most cosmetics are just animated textures as far as I'm aware. Capes have physics based on your movement, which could cause lag.

Reactions: adrian525pl

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
You doubting something does not influence whether its true. The trails and entities and the cosmetics are not nearly as performance consuming as a cape. A friend of mine for example, whenever he plays on java, his PC can handle shaders and texture packs and what not just fine, but capes, especially on shaders, almost always either look horrible or reduce performance, at least according to him. Not to mention that with the right graphics settings you can also not see trails or the other cosmetics either if I am not mistaken. (Especially trails)

Custom skins, at least on bedrock, are rarely used by people. The average person either plays one of the default skins or something from some random skin pack. Also: custom skins, unlike capes, can be turned off from being visible by just changing the "allow trusted skins only" setting (pretty sure that one is even turned on by default)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't mobile players already have buttons for sprinting? Or at least a game setting allowing for a button like that to exist on the UI?

???

I don't see that.

changes that would make the game more fair for mobile and console would be some things suggested in a pretty big thread that was started recently which debates whether or not drag clicking should be banned or whether or not the server should have a hard coded CPS cap.

There is not much else that can be done, though, considering the fact that this would require nerfing almost every aspect that allows PC to be playable. That's sadly almost impossible, at least not without microsoft and mojang interfering directly to make some massive changes which would probably ruin the game for tons of players.

Uhh, no.

Firstly because cosmetics make practically no difference in that.

Secondly because the hive has platform separate matchmaking, at least from what I heard. And THAT is the best way of ensuring mobile players and console players have a fair game: making sure they never have to play against players from outside their own platforms in the first place.

Besides: the thing with the hive is not gonna last in the long term.

Right now the hive is higher because their bedwars mode earned a lot of hype, mostly undeserved hype given how the mode is just a lazy reskin of treasure wars with (mostly minor) balancing changes, meanwhile cubecrafts only big and high quality update in the recent months was also bedwars.

But cubecraft does one thing better than the hive ever will, which is appealing towards newer and worse players.

Modes like giga blockwars and lucky islands are perfect areas for goofing off a bit considering how a lot of things in these games rely on pure luck and how casual the nature of these games is.

Meanwhile minigames like bedwars and eggwars have features in them that make the game a bit easier to survive for newer players. And I doubt they are gonna go away from that direction.

The Hive on the other hand is extremely sweaty and heavily favors tryhards in almost all of their most popular gamemodes, bedwars especially. That is not sutainable in the long term, at some point the amount of skill a new player needs just to... not die immediately is gonna be so high noone is going to want to stay there anymore. And at some point even the tryhards will find tryharding extremely repetitive, especially once they grind out their max levels which they lost after the hive just deleted it after "adding" bedwars.

Give it a couple months, let the summer player wave pass, let the hype for hive bedwars die down, let cubecrafts friendliness towards newer players do its job, and by the end of the year we will probably be higher than the hive in player counts.

In fact, shortly before this summer player wave hit, we already were doing that at peak activity times most days of the weak, its just that the hive as the server that was bigger for a longer time has a lot more players "returning" to it in the summer. So its possible that once the summer player wave dies down, we will already be back on track.

Either then, or when the next season of eggwars gets added. Though that one is apparently going to include some from before this seasons thing started, which may hurt the friendliness towards newer players a little.

BUT to confirm that we have to wait until it comes out and actually check out the changes and play it for a bit. And I choose to remain optimistic about it not being hurt as badly as some of the announced and some of the possible changes may indicate.

And that's the only thing that's actually worth taking away and into consideration from your post.

To add something to this, there is a coded cps already, The game doesnt register clicks past X amount (Its not public the limit)

Reactions: adrian525pl

Fishyy

Novice Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hyrule Castle
Pronouns
He/Him

I agree with capes, but keep in mind that all cosmetics take time to design so they can’t just ‘’add more stuff’’ without planning and designing. As well, the no hurt cam and toggle sprint are not things that Cubecraft does, they are what Minecraft/your client does

Vocrin

May 2, 2023
Here, There, Gone
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with capes, but keep in mind that all cosmetics take time to design so they can’t just ‘’add more stuff’’ without planning and designing. As well, the no hurt cam and toggle sprint are not things that Cubecraft does, they are what Minecraft/your client does
That can be done by servers aswell, like toggle sprint is an option on zeqa, and no hurt cam is an option on divinity

Only for the new touch controls

Eh
Most cosmetics are just animated textures as far as I'm aware. Capes have physics based on your movement, which could cause lag
Which is why I recommended a setting to disable them

I don't see that.
By 'fair' i basically mean that they should add features to the server that PC players get through clients, that mobile and console players don't have access to.
Im not gonna explain everything like your 5, you have your own brain

Most cosmetics are just animated textures as far as I'm aware. Capes have physics based on your movement, which could cause lag.
Your statement barely makes sense, you think that 'animated textures' don't cause lag? It's a load to render, expetially with the amount of that stuff in alla lobbies, it causes Hella lag.

"Oh no, the arms and legs on everyone's skins swing whenever they move, it's lagging out my game. Mojang, remove skin animations"

Yes, complaining is fun, I see why everyone loves to do it so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: danis3clipse

thekierdo

Mar 18, 2024
That can be done by servers aswell, like toggle sprint is an option on zeqa, and no hurt cam is an option on divinity

Only for the new touch controls

Eh

Which is why I recommended a setting to disable them

By 'fair' i basically mean that they should add features to the server that PC players get through clients, that mobile and console players don't have access to.
Im not gonna explain everything like your 5, you have your own brain

Your statement barely makes sense, you think that 'animated textures' don't cause lag? It's a load to render, expetially with the amount of that stuff in alla lobbies, it causes Hella lag.

"Oh no, the arms and legs on everyone's skins swing whenever they move, it's lagging out my game. Mojang, remove skin animations"

Yes, complaining is fun, I see why everyone loves to do it so much.
An animated texture could be as simple as a GIF. The server only has to handle telling the client that the texture is a gif, whereas for cape physics, the server has to actually handle the movement; I dunno, I have no idea how minecrafts backend works

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
you think that 'animated textures' don't cause lag?
Not as much as simulated physics.

Animation is just that, animation.
In its simplest form its nothing more than a slide show with a bunch of images being displayed in a loop.

Physics require calcuation of every single bit of movement, and how its affected by whatever can affect it. This is much more work for any device than just switching images every couple miliseconds. And with minecraft specifically an animated texture is probably nothing more than a slide show, given how textures are literally just PNGs or JPEGs stored in the games files.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
An animated texture could be as simple as a GIF. The server only has to handle telling the client that the texture is a gif, whereas for cape physics, the server has to actually handle the movement; I dunno, I have no idea how minecrafts backend works
There are two ways cape physics could be handled: through the server or locally.

If its through the server, the capes movement has to be calculated either on the server and then "sent" to both players or on the players device and then sent to the server, which would then send it to the other players who can see the cape.

The "local" way is where the movements of the cape or independently calculated for each player locally, the only thing that is the same for all players being the fact they are all seeing that one player wear a cape, what happens with that cape might (and probably would) be different for each player.

The first one is problematic because not only are physics calculations expensive in terms of computing power locally, but that kind of thing could slow down the traffic on the server by increasing the amount of it, increasing lag overall.

The second one is problematic because it could create mismatched results of how the cape should behave/what it should look like. This can lead to scenarios where a player with a cape tries to hide, but is randomly spotted by another player, all because the cape movements weren't matched on both ends leading to one player having though he was hidden and another spotting them anyway.

The second one also increases the amount of calculations done by the players device, which might lead to optimisation issues and lag locally.

Also, a bit random, but when it comes to sneak specifically, capes are a big disadvantage as it allows you to spotted more easily when crouching.

danis3clipse

Aug 8, 2024
I love how ppl won't address the toggle sprint and no hurt cam for console players who can't get these features,
because they have no idea what they are talikng about.

Reactions: Vocrin

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
I love how ppl won't address the toggle sprint and no hurt cam for console players who can't get these features,
because they have no idea what they are talikng about.
I was a console cc player for 3 1/2 years those features arent really needed at all lol

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

YeoXuHang wrote on Sweetenerera's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on UltraGameCoder's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Wave Master7S's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌊 🎂
Top Bottom