Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
This would just be an exact copy of an extremely similar game mode Galaxite has.

IMG_6194.png

hoppyfrog28_

Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
While I love this idea, I do agree with @Reesle. This is extremely similar to the Galaxite server's Parkour Builders gamemode, and could be seen as copying. I do like the idea and think it could really boost the popularity of CubeCraft's Parkour gamemodes. If CubeCraft added this I wouldn't mind at all. I just don't know if it is likely to happen due to it already being on another featured server.

Also, in the future if you have a suggestion, post it in the [Feedback and Suggestions] forum so people can react with :agree:, :unsure:, and :disagree:.

Edit: Moved to [Feedback and Suggestions]. Thanks @Eli!

Last edited:

Eli

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I personally have never really considered the argument "this already exists on another server" as something relevant when it comes to new ideas. Because in the end, CubeCraft is its own ecosystem and many of the people who play the server may have never seen Galaxite's version of the game, or might instead give CubeCraft's version a chance.

I find the idea exciting, I am not sure how technically demanding it would be considering you would have to save all of these map creations somewhere, and the entire navigation system to visit other people's maps would have to be somewhat elaborate, but it could be fun. I'm just not sure if CubeCraft's parkour gamemode is that popular to warrant an update as big as this one.

- Moved to appropriate subforum.

caraMel

Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
This seems like a cool idea.

As Eli mentioned, parkour isn't all too popular a gamemode on Cube as of now. Imo, some reasons for this are the balancing of difficulty and it's 'finiteness'.
What I mean by this, is most players are either
(1), skilled enough to finish the parkour (and then have no reason to play that gamemode anymore).
Or (2), struggle with it (I'd guess this would be the more common of the two) and have no good reason to continue playing it.
I can't think of a perfect solution to this, but this suggestion is promising. I can see it providing a solution to both cases above.

Obviously, there is competitive parkour (I believe only on bedrock currently?), however this becomes incredibly repetitive / easy after not very long imo, and I struggle to see it as something that would do well at retaining players? Hence, I don't really think it does a good job of solving (1) and (2).

In terms of originality, Reesle mentioned this general concept has been implemented on Galaxite already. This is a bedrock server. I can add that in addition, I know of a Java server (Minr) which uses this to some degree. It certainly wouldn't be the first time it's been done, however I agree with Eli - why is that an issue? The playerbase is largely disconnected from other servers. I've seen parkour grow steadily more popular on Java recently (although not on Bedrock yet, admittedly) so maybe now would be the time to try something like this.

Of course, this would be something of a leap of faith given parkour's current state, and potentially difficult to implement? I'd guess it's unlikely this would be added, but I still think it's cool nonetheless :)

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him
I think it would be cool if we had a parkour build system and we could enter other people's parkours by them sending an invite or by a code (like rl training maps)
This would be interesting, I'd be the one that would use this for just spamming around blocks

• Haha
Reactions: Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on bleedn's profile.
Hello! 👋
IMG_6431.png

Cool skin btw!
Reesle wrote on Jedidiahh's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🧁🐕
News: Halloween Event 2024 has got an update on the Notion Board!
Changes: Ender is the Halloween Game (coming to both Java and Bedrock) and halloween lobby quests are also coming!
1726859519935.png
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Mappoe wrote on Pineapple's profile.
hapy birday
Top Bottom