Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

R3Xelon

Aug 18, 2024
Hey, I thought with the addition of the first Elytra map, I'd post this thread so that we can give feedback on whether we think this was a good idea or not. I have my own opinions on the map and I wanted to start with them. I am completely open to having my mind changed. I implore everyone who reads this to respond with your own thoughts. Thank you for listening.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First I'd like to mention that its very hard to crit out somebody when if you press the spacebar twice, you enter gliding mode and your camera shifts. There's also a bug where you are stuck in elytra mode and your hitbox is tiny. Fighting someone with this glitch is a nightmare as I have to turn on hitboxes to even have a chance at hitting them. Now as for the addition itself. I think it is a really cool concept... For an event. But adding a map that completely changed the fighting style wasn't a very good idea in my opinion. Now if this map were instead added to the list of events that happen on any other map, it would be a fun twist to the fighting and would then be a great addition. But I'm tired of having to play on European servers where my ping is 200 and my FPS is 30 because BOTH North American servers are on the Space map. Id say make one of the servers a different map so that anyone who doesn't enjoy elytra PvP can then play on a regular map.
All in all, I think that the addition of this map was daring and there are some bugs. I think it would be better as an event because a lot of players who play on FFA play to practice their PvP skills, and with this new map they cannot practice at all. It's gotten annoying when I log on and I don't want to play on my own region's server as it is a map that I and many others don't enjoy. I don't enjoy Rocket PvP either but I still am fine with it. I am fine with Rocket PvP because it's an event and only happens for 5 minutes in every 3-4 hours. But with this map I have no other options then playing on a server where I can't play well because of the high ping and low FPS that comes with playing on a different regional server. Additions like this map, the shop, and the fact that the Aztec map isn't on Java makes FFA less fun. I'm only trying to make this one of the best FFA servers out there. In my 4 years of playing on it Java and Bedrock, it's only gotten worse. I'm very sad to see this happen because this is the ONLY server I ever play on. Anyways sorry for yapping so much but these are just my thoughts on the proceedings of the small dev team working on Java. This isn't organized whatsoever and is basically a rant of everything I've been thinking about on this new map being added. So I am very sorry if it's hard for you to follow.
Sincerest of Lee's,
- R3Xelon
P.S: I thought I'd make a whole new thread for this because it's a large addition and change to FFA that there's a lot more to it that I didn't talk about in my rant above. Also I didn't want this to be buried in the other feedback as I think it should be brought attention to as soon as possible. Hate me or love me, please let me know with a reply. If I don't get told what I'm doing wrong, I wont get better. Thank you for reading

Eli

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
There's also a bug where you are stuck in elytra mode and your hitbox is tiny. Fighting someone with this glitch is a nightmare as I have to turn on hitboxes to even have a chance at hitting them.
We are aware of this bug and it is currently being investigated.

But adding a map that completely changed the fighting style wasn't a very good idea in my opinion.
I just want to note that FFA elytra maps were already a thing a few years ago, so instead of an addition, it's more of a return.

All in all, I think that the addition of this map was daring and there are some bugs. I think it would be better as an event because a lot of players who play on FFA play to practice their PvP skills, and with this new map they cannot practice at all.
I highly disagree, the map counts with lots of sufficiently large surfaces for players to engage in normal PvP encounters. I particularly enjoy fights at Platform, and X-Wing.

Id say make one of the servers a different map so that anyone who doesn't enjoy elytra PvP can then play on a regular map.
I totally agree with this! There should always be a mandatory non-elytra map on every region.

Additions like this map, the shop, and the fact that the Aztec map isn't on Java makes FFA less fun.
I also want to note that the shop has been a part of FFA for many, many years. About Aztec, I understand why it is frustrating to not have it anymore, but it will eventually come back, that is the premise of our Map Rotation system. A system that inherently cannot keep everyone happy, as there will always be someone who prefers certain maps over others.

I was a little skeptical at first when I knew we would attempt to return Space to FFA, because back in the day elytra maps weren't massively popular. But so far, space seems to be getting a consistently large amount of players, of course there may be some recency bias so I think it is too early to judge its popularity. But I in no way think that the fact that it's so different from other maps is a bad thing, and is actually a very interesting way to refresh FFA with content that we already had.

R3Xelon

Aug 18, 2024
We are aware of this bug and it is currently being investigated.

I just want to note that FFA elytra maps were already a thing a few years ago, so instead of an addition, it's more of a return.

I highly disagree, the map counts with lots of sufficiently large surfaces for players to engage in normal PvP encounters. I particularly enjoy fights at Platform, and X-Wing.

I totally agree with this! There should always be a mandatory non-elytra map on every region.

I also want to note that the shop has been a part of FFA for many, many years. About Aztec, I understand why it is frustrating to not have it anymore, but it will eventually come back, that is the premise of our Map Rotation system. A system that inherently cannot keep everyone happy, as there will always be someone who prefers certain maps over others.

I was a little skeptical at first when I knew we would attempt to return Space to FFA, because back in the day elytra maps weren't massively popular. But so far, space seems to be getting a consistently large amount of players, of course there may be some recency bias so I think it is too early to judge its popularity. But I in no way think that the fact that it's so different from other maps is a bad thing, and is actually a very interesting way to refresh FFA with content that we already had.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this and I’m surprised that it was so fast. Goes to show how much the team cares and I really appreciate the work you guys are doing. Thank you for responding, you’ve clarified some things that I previously did not know as I didn’t know about the map rotation system. I fully understand why it was added and to be frank, I don’t mind the map being a part of the rotation. I was just thinking that it might also be cool as an event. But now I know that the bugs are being worked on and that Aztec not being there isn’t a mistake. I have more trust in the dev team. Regarding the fighting on the new map. The reason I find it annoying is because when you jump when in the air, your elytra is deployed. This makes it hard to critical hit someone to combo them as I accidentally go into elytra mode all the time. And holding the spacebar down to avoid this makes it harder to do adjustments needed for the fight. I am fine with space staying as a map I just wanted to post a few suggestions. You don’t have to take any of these if you believe they are bad as you are a part of the team and therefore know more about what’s best than I do. If you do see this I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to forums like mine. If you would like me to do anything further please let me know. Thank you.

Reactions: Eli

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
Honestly I don't see why they added "elytra pvp" back to FFA. Nobody liked it & nobody in the FFA community is interested in "elytra pvp". If you wanted to add another pvp mode then it'd have to be pot or crystal pvp since those 2 are popular.

• Agree
Reactions: Amazinq
Members Online

Latest profile posts

YeoXuHang wrote on Sweetenerera's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on UltraGameCoder's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Wave Master7S's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌊 🎂
Reesle wrote on Sweetenerera's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🍰🎈
Top Bottom