Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
L

Lightning McQueen

So TIL that none of our suggesrtions get worked on until they are told to, who knows how long that’ll take. Probably 1-1.5 years, which is awful. (y do u do this?)

So if you tell us which game to make more suggestions for it’ll be easier to give feedback (i hope its eggwars)rather than us wasting suggestion space asking for chat filter/remove no projectiles/ etc.

:c

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
A very good idea. Some people might think that having us know what the next update will be will take the element of surprise out of it, and they think the hype won't be as great, however I think that the hype would be even bigger as we would all know what to look forward to. It would also be very helpful to have an estimated time for their release.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
"None of our suggestions get worked on until they are told to" well, how will they get worked on if they don't get assigned? I'm not really sure how to respond to this, there would be no suggestions implemented if they never get assigned. There are a whole bunch of reasons why we can't let you know what we are working on while we are working on it, the element of surprise is just one part of it. We want to bring you all new exciting game modes that you haven't seen before. We can't really do that if we explain what we're doing before we release it can we?

L

Lightning McQueen

"None of our suggestions get worked on until they are told to" well, how will they get worked on if they don't get assigned? I'm not really sure how to respond to this, there would be no suggestions implemented if they never get assigned. There are a whole bunch of reasons why we can't let you know what we are working on while we are working on it, the element of surprise is just one part of it. We want to bring you all new exciting game modes that you haven't seen before. We can't really do that if we explain what we're doing before we release it can we?
hypixel gets stuff done really quick and therefore people love going back and playing. There are tons of tiny things that could make games 100x better without a complete overhaul.

You dont play eggwars, but the best example is an increase in gapple price. That’d make the game so much more enjoyable, but because of the project assignment thing you got rn, that has to wait.

Also, how about instead each month you give us a topic, and everyone will fully discuss every aspect of it. Ex: eggwars. Mojang is doing the exact same thing rn for their future updates.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Doesn't Minecraft itself release snapshots before officially releasing a new version of the game

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
hypixel gets stuff done really quick and therefore people love going back and playing. There are tons of tiny things that could make games 100x better without a complete overhaul.
people saying hypixel gets stuff done quick is really starting to piss me off. Perhaps take into account that hypixel has 50+ developers, compared to cubecraft's 12 (that are publicly known)

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
people saying hypixel gets stuff done quick is really starting to piss me off. Perhaps take into account that hypixel has 50+ developers, compared to cubecraft's 12 (that are publicly known)
Sure, but you gotta keep in mind that Hypixel is way bigger than CubeCraft as well. When you compare the two on the same scale you will see that Hypixel gets stuff done quicker.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Every update, we skim the suggestions sub-forum for suggestions related to the game. For example, if we're updating Blockwars, we'll take a look at every thread that has the word "Blockwars" in it. We do look at suggestions, even if the thread is old and locked. Just make sure your thread effectively communicates your idea and can easily be found so we can find it. Below are two examples of a good and bad thread, each suggesting the same thing. One effectively tells the reader what game it is for, details the actual suggestion, and explains why it should be added. One is... not so brilliant.

Bad Thread Example:
Title: I HAVE IDEA
Add new kits! All the kits suck! Like if you agree!

Good Thread Example:
Title: Survival Games Kit Suggestion
I think it would be really cool to add a kit to Survival Games called Extrasensory, where you get a chat message and a small noise plays every time an enemy comes within 10 blocks of you. This would make it harder for enemies to sneak up on you and would also make it easier to find hiding players. I hope you like my idea!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
If they update a game, they get a bunch of suggestions within 10 minutes after the update has been released. I think they look at those suggestions and will look if those suggestions can be implemented in the update of the game. If they announce an update 1 week before the update releases, it's not a suprise anymore for the Cube players which it should be.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
If they update a game, they get a bunch of suggestions within 10 minutes after the update has been released. I think they look at those suggestions and will look if those suggestions can be implemented in the update of the game. If they announce an update 1 week before the update releases, it's not a suprise anymore for the Cube players which it should be.
We would also have to announce updates a few months in advance if we wanted to implement multiple suggestions from the community. At that point, it doesn’t make much of a difference, you could just post suggestions and know that at some point in the future, that gamemdoe will be updated and your suggestion may or may not be implemented.

You can also almost tell which games are going to be updated next as well without a formal thread, just because you can safely assume all games will be updated at some point. Take the recent updates for example. People had been saying that blockwars had not received an update in a long time, and not too long after, an update was released for it.
From my observations, updates tend to be pretty circular. You generally won’t see a game updated before a majority of the other games have also received an update. Like at this point, freebuild hasn’t received an update in awhile and most of the other games have been updated so I would assume freebuild may be under development and I might want to make some suggestions (I honestly have no idea what games have been updated recently outside of the ones I actively play. Timelines just all mush together for me, so another gamemode may be older. Concept still applies though).

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Yeah we can all see how great that "surprise" goes with blockband, bingo, and the beta lobby as examples.
There are a whole bunch of reasons why we can't let you know what we are working on while we are working on it,
Name em
Every update, we skim the suggestions sub-forum for suggestions related to the game. For example, if we're updating Blockwars, we'll take a look at every thread that has the word "Blockwars" in it. We do look at suggestions, even if the thread is old and locked. Just make sure your thread effectively communicates your idea and can easily be found so we can find it.
That strategy might be great when you already have decided to update a game, but for anything other than that, it's horrible.
A quick suggestion about changing the price of golden apples (which has been asked for a million times now) gets looked overhead until finally by random chance you look into it when already having decided to update eggwars.
A quick but good vanity suggestion might take years for being noticed this way.
A suggestion about Infected which is important right fornicating now because the game is incredibly unbalanced would take months to get looked at, which would cause the gamemode to die out by the time it gets looked into.
A suggestion about a new gamemode would never get looked at. I could go on.

Notice that I say looked at. Even if it gets seen, there's no way to be sure if it gets added either.
TLDR your current method is really bad.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Sure, but you gotta keep in mind that Hypixel is way bigger than CubeCraft as well. When you compare the two on the same scale you will see that Hypixel gets stuff done quicker.
But that doesn’t matter
If you have nearly 5x more

Under any circumstances they come out on top for their majority
Being a bigger server has no effect on the manpower of the developers in either case

Anyways for the suggestion I really find it kind of pointless
For example in cases of them doing this it is a project that they have to end up post-pone its release
Not to mention don’t you think they plan on updating all games

Even think about within the last month

Sg update, Blockwars update, parkour release, bedrock addition, and PayPal indtroduction
5 updates in 1 month

Reactions: Lilleh__
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This new podium in the beta games lobby looks interesting...
It may be that the old Java lobby leaderboards are coming back? 👀

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-27 164108.png
!notcitingdow wrote on valentinoboo's profile.
Welcome to the Cubecraft forums!!!!
Deepslate3D wrote on TheMrRevZ's profile.
what's ur favorite bisector in the alphabet? mine is 14
New screenshot posted on the Halloween Event's notion page today!
1727457670116.png
BicolourSine41 wrote on CheatersDontWin's profile.
Good username
Top Bottom