Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

maxlol200

Novice Member
Nov 29, 2020
I know that this topic was discussed in another thread, but it would be very cool, if we get to see 1.16 stuff in Cubecraft (I don't mean netherite). The most epic thing for me would be water fights. Since 1.13 you can swim in water and because of that water fights would be really interesting and epic. There are also some other features, but this would be coolest feature, I would be hyped for

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
The thing is, if we were to fully support those higher versions, it means that they won't be able to play with people that are playing on a lower version. Currently our Java network is already seperated in 2 different versions (1.8 & 1.9+) and I don't think seperating it into even more different versions will be good for the playercount per version, meaning that game queues will be even longer than they are now, lobbies will be less full and interactive and just everything wouldn't work out as it is right now.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
The thing is, if we were to fully support those higher versions, it means that they won't be able to play with people that are playing on a lower version. Currently our Java network is already seperated in 2 different versions (1.8 & 1.9+) and I don't think seperating it into even more different versions will be good for the playercount per version, meaning that game queues will be even longer than they are now, lobbies will be less full and interactive and just everything wouldn't work out as it is right now.
Ok i agree with this, because this would be horrible for java. But for bedrock.

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Adding 1.16 stuff to Bedrock is definitely a possibility. I agree that it would be really cool to see the newer blocks on maps, and be able to utilize newer items such as the crossbow, trident, and netherite in games. However, updating the entire server to be 1.16 compatible would be a substantial undertaking. From my understanding, much of the server would have to be completely remade or significantly altered.

I don't think that the new features 1.16 would bring would add all that much to players' experiences, especially considering the amount of work that would have to be put in. A content update like a new gamemode or the Spring RPG is most definitely a more effective way of making the server more engaging and fun. Updating the version is not a bad idea, but its not something that I can see happening in the near future.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Adding 1.16 stuff to Bedrock is definitely a possibility. I agree that it would be really cool to see the newer blocks on maps, and be able to utilize newer items such as the crossbow, trident, and netherite in games. However, updating the entire server to be 1.16 compatible would be a substantial undertaking. From my understanding, much of the server would have to be completely remade or significantly altered.

I don't think that the new features 1.16 would bring would add all that much to players' experiences, especially considering the amount of work that would have to be put in. A content update like a new gamemode or the Spring RPG is most definitely a more effective way of making the server more engaging and fun. Updating the version is not a bad idea, but its not something that I can see happening in the near future.
You don't even have to add any of that. In fact by updating to 1.16.40, Cubecraft would run smoother. And some of it's bugs would be solved.

Although Cubecraft should host a community talk, about updating to 1.16.40 and adding features such as crossbows, tridents and netherite weapons. Netherite armor should not be added, as it reduces like 90% of the KB you take.

maxlol200

Novice Member
Nov 29, 2020
I know, but on the Bedrock Version, I don't think that many people play on older versions

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Change this from all networks to bedrock because this is a very bad idea for java players. Bedrock though I‘m not sure about this. I dunno where you fight but I don’t think there‘s many underwater areas so I don’t care about swimming.

Like what about skyblock though? Then java and bedrock skyblock would be significantly different. And Cubecraft cares for the java server a lot. So
adding things such as tridents to the bedrock server would be neglecting the java one. But tell me, where does water fights even exist?

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Exterminating cheaters...
Reesle wrote on redj101's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Reesle wrote on UBRE's profile.
Happy Birthday!
I didn't really feel like making a whole thread to ask this, but does people get notification if I edit older threads/commends?
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Thjis's profile.
pro
Top Bottom