Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

If Pillars Of Fortune was taken out of Beta, which lobby should it be added to?

• Total voters

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hey! I thought subject this would make a fun and potentially useful poll.

In my opinion, I think Pillars Of Fortune should be added to the Lucky Islands lobby, as the game is luck-based. But, I would also be ok with adding it to the Parkour lobby too, as a large portion of the game is parkour.

Go vote in the poll!!

Eli

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I feel like this all really depends on whatever content the Server Team might be working on for the future, only they know what would be best considering possible new games that could go well in a shared lobby with PoF.

I would reorganize Minerware and PoF into a new "Arcade" lobby, that gives enough creative freedom for any arcade-ish games that might come in the future.

Mr Jii Gamer

Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

In my opinion, I think Pillars Of Fortune should be added to the Lucky Islands lobby, as the game is luck-based. But, I would also be ok with adding it to the Parkour lobby too, as a large portion of the game is parkour.

Go vote in the poll!!
In my opinion i think it will be cool if it have the special lobby for the game

Reactions: Reesle

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
After some thought, I think that the Battle Arena lobby is where Pillars of Fortune would fit best

Battle Arena is intended for PvP-centered games, and I think that Pillars of Fortune fits that category surprisingly well.
Firstly, when the time runs out (and the game ends), the player with the most kills gets the win. Even if you don’t want the game to conclude that way, you’ll still most likely have to fight another player. Also, the message at the start of the game specifically indicates to “push your opponents”
Overall, the way winning works in Pillars of Fortune is pretty PvP-oriented

Battle Arena is also a broad section of games that doesn’t focus on one specific gamemode, which means that a game like Pillars of Fortune could fit into the Battle Arena lobby easier than other game lobbies. This plus the somewhat PvP-focused gameplay makes Battle Arena the best match for Pillars of Fortune in my opinion

Lastly, as a bonus, Pillars of Fortune’s gameplay concept seems to align with Free For All’s in a way, where they both have a “free and competitive/chaotic” kind of environment

Last edited:

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think keeping it in its own lobby is the best option right now. I don’t think it belongs within any of the other lobby options, and moving it there might cause players to not be able to find the game mode and assume it was removed. I really don’t see any issue with the way it is right now. If anything, I think it would be best if minerware and POF were grouped together under a new game category (I have no idea what a good name would be) Since both games are basically free for alls with very unique twists or aspects, cross teaming is allowed in both, and neither games are likely to receive team modes (Which would further justify giving the game its own spot in the cubecraft lobby) I think they have similar themes and would fit well together.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I would reorganize Minerware and PoF into a new "Arcade" lobby, that gives enough creative freedom for any arcade-ish games that might come in the future.
Honestly a new Arcade lobby is a pretty good idea and would work a lot better than my Battle Arena lobby idea from earlier (I consider my Battle Arena idea not ideal anymore)

Unfortunately, Minerware and Pillars of Fortune being in the same lobby means that the Minerware sign would have to be changed out for a new Arcade sign, and the lobby may or may not have to be changed too.
Aside from that, Minerware already stands pretty well on its own, especially considering the fact that the game has its own Rank. A lot of work has been put into Minerware through updates which is something that’s not as likely to happen with Pillars of Fortune

I’m thinking that Pillars of Fortune would work best in its own lobby, but instead of the lobby being solely for Pillars of Fortune, it would be an Arcade Lobby.
To add to this concept, an “Arcade Rank” could be created for the games in this lobby. Pillars of Fortune currently has Rank features in it related to the Beta Games subscription, and those features are most definitely going to stay.
If Minerware and Pillars of Fortune were both in an Arcade lobby, then a Rank system would be somewhat confusing as Minerware already has a Rank of its own and Pillars of Fortune is too small of a game to get an exclusive Rank*. A Rank could be made that covers every Arcade game in the lobby except for Minerware, but that would cause division among the games as well as some confusion.
This is why Pillars of Fortune should be placed in a new and separate Arcade Lobby in my opinion. It would also open up the opportunity for new Arcade Games, like suggested by Eli

*In my opinion, giving Pillars of Fortune its own Rank would be like giving SkyWars Solo its own Rank. Both games have a good playercount, but they also cannot stand on their own. This is also why there shouldn’t be a lobby made only for Pillars of Fortune

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him

Go vote in the poll!!
I think other, cause it's a very unique game!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thank you everyone for 150 reaction scores :D
Let's get the 200 now! <3
ToonBer wrote on 𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 🍰
If you see a wild lImyself roaming…
sirpickle1966 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
u better now??
Top Bottom