Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I do think it would be interesting to see a more up-to-date and open-world survival mode (in contrast to that of other servers)

However, Survival can be a pretty chaotic gamemode, and making it be not chaotic while also not having annoying rules or limitations is sort of a challenge.

Should there be a plot system?

Imagine a player builds a nice house and someone comes along and ruins it.
This could be fixed with a plot system, but plots can become annoying if they’re everywhere and all you want to do is chop down a tree for wood and can’t. There could be large spaces added between plots, but that would mean less space for available plots, plus a lack of variety when it comes to finding a place for your base.
Without a plot system, I guess you’d have to stick to making secret bases; hopefully no one will accidentally uncover yours…

However, a plot system doesn’t need to exist if the world is large enough, which leads to the next part

Worlds and World Size

A big enough world could fix the issue of overpopulated spaces.
After all, someone uncovering your hidden base is something that would be more likely to happen in a small and crowded world.

I think that if CubeCraft made a Survival mode, the world should be large just like any survival world. Well, probably not that big, but approaching it. An example of a decent world size would be 40,000 * 40,000, or from -20,000 to 20,000 in X and Z. I’m not sure if these numbers are irrationally huge or not, but I’ll bring that up later.
Also, players should be spawned in at random coordinates far apart from each other. This would enhance the survival experience

In addition, there should be multiple worlds, which would also minimize crowding. I’m not sure what a reasonable number of worlds would be, but it’s connected to the size of each world: the smaller the world, the more worlds there should be.

World Resetting

With the number of people that would end up playing this game (at least once), the world would get messy over time; so should the world be reset periodically?
World resetting may frustrate players who have put in effort, but it’s also effective at “cleaning up” a world if necessary (and possibly freeing up server space).

To minimize frustration, the world resetting could possibly be limited to once a month or so (if the world is large enough). I’m not sure if once a month would be soon enough though. Some players have a tendency to spam blocks everywhere and destroy things. It depends on the world size though

Each player could keep everything in their inventory and a warning could be given ahead of time about the world reset.

Server Space and Lag

I’m not very familiar with server space, but it might be a major issue when it comes to having large worlds.

Earlier, I mentioned a possible world size being 40,000 by 40,000 and there being multiple worlds. These numbers are just a concept of world size and could always be lowered.

In addition, I’m not sure how many players could be in a single world at once. I suggested a large world size to account for players who were there in the past

Conclusion

Overall, while it’s interesting to consider the possibilities, an enjoyable and well-optimized survival mode seems to be a complicated thing to make. Unfortunately, it might be better for CubeCraft to avoid this concept

coolzombiee

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2024
Yeah once I played survival on a server….. Yeah players were toxic and spawn killed people, so yeah I think it’s a bad idea

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

coolzombiee wrote on Eli's profile.
I love your new Halloween pfp 🎃!!
Yanmiz Caught Reaching In FHD💀
Yet another Forums Halloween easter egg: When you go to the Halloween Event announcement, it plays a Minecraft cave noise.
Eli
The Ender wanted me to say, they hope you join us at their mansion this Sunday... https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/community-games-7.372215/
Forgot to say, happy spooky month everyone!! 👻
Top Bottom