Votes: 1 100.0%
  • On islands with boats in their inventory

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
This was an idea that I came up with after another server I play on (not sayin' which one bc I don't want to get in trouble for breaking the rules) updated from 1.8 to 1.10. So as you should know by now, in 1.9 boats were made ALOT better, and this server's community loved them, even abusing a glitch to throw a boat party. This gave me the idea of this minigame, but when I suggested it on there my description of it was too vague. So I'm just getting right into it.

Boat PvP is similar to survival games but the map is mostly flat. This is bc the players will be in boats. The only things that prevent it from being completely flat is structures and chests. Each player gets points for kills and wins, 1 point for a kill, 10 points for a win. These can be used to unlock classes, which each one is represented by a specific boat type and the more points the class costs to unlock, the better the gear it has.

Maps will need to be at least 225x225 blocks.
Spawn will be in the centre of the map with 8-16 chests in the heart of spawn and 16 spawning carpets around the outside.
Outside of spawn there can be a maximum of 50 chests, 10 crafting tables and 3 enchanting tables.
Traps can be set.
Maps can be either land based or water based. If it is land based it will require enough flat land for the boats to be manoeuvred around the map.
Islands must be there for players to explore if they leave the boat, but these islands can't be bigger than 40x40 blocks.

The following are all classes in this minigame.

Oak
Boat type: oak
Points unlocked at: free (you don't have to buy it with points, you just get it automatically)
armour: full leather
Weapon: gold sword
Other items: 5 apples
Potion effects: none

Spruce
Boat type: spruce
Points unlocked at: 250
Armour: full leather (enchanted with protection 1)
Weapon: wood sword
Other items: 5 cooked mutton
Potion effects: none

Birch
Boat type: birch
Points unlocked at: 600
Armour: Leather chestplate and leggings (enchanted with protection 1), gold helmet and boots
Weapon: stone sword
Other items: 10 cooked mutton
Potion effects: absorption 1 (lasts 2 minutes)

Acacia
Boat type: acacia
Points unlocked at: 1000
Armour: full gold
Weapon: stone sword (enchanted with fire aspect 1)
Other items: 15 cooked mutton
Potion effects: fire resistance (lasts 2 minutes)

Dark oak
Boat type: dark oak
Points unlocked at: 2000
Armour: Gold chestplate and leggings, chain helmet and boots
Weapon: iron sword, bow
Other items: 20 cooked mutton
Potion effects: health boost 1 (lasts 2 minutes)

Jungle
Boat type: jungle
Points unlocked at: 5000
Armour: chain chestplate and leggings, iron helmet and boots
Weapon: diamond sword, bow
Other items: shield, 30 cooked mutton, 1 golden apple
Potion effects: regeneration 1 (lasts 3 minutes)

Here is a list of what can be found in chests.
The following food items: apple, baked potato, cooked rabbit, cooked mutton, cooked chicken, cooked porkchop, steak in stacks of up to 5.
Beetroot stew and mushroom stew in stacks of up to 1.
Armour (any type except diamond chestplate) with any enchant of level 1 or 2.
Swords of any type with any enchant of level 1 or 2.
Golden apples in stacks of up to 2.
God apples in stacks of up to 1.
Drink potions of instant health, strength, regeneration and fire resistance level 1 effects.
Splash potions of instant damage, weakness and poison level 1 effects.
Bows with any enchant of level 1 or 2.
Shields.
Arrows (normal, weakness or poison only).

Players can vote for the map they want to play in the lobby (this will be a random 3 from all of the maps and changes each game).
Players can buy classes with points in the lobby.
Players will remain in boats until after 30 minutes of the game going or there have been just 4 or less players left for 2 minutes then they will be teleported back to spawn and allowed to leave the boats. EDIT: in the first 30 minutes of the game players ARE allowed to leave the boats but they will start taking damage (1 heart every 2 seconds) if they don't return to the boat in a minute.
I don't mind whether boat PvP has old or new combat, but I would prefer old.
There will be both solo and team modes.
If a player doesn't select a class to play as while in lobby they will automatically be put in as the oak class.
Players with ranks can activate multipliers whenever they want which will double the number of points for a kill.
You gain points, 1 for a kill, 10 for winning a game.

Thx for reading. Leave your opinions and suggestions for improvements below.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Sounds interesting.
So it's like a giant sea with islands and players have to fight on boats.
I'm not sure how to call this.
Pirates sounds good to me.
Players could plunder islands with chests and mid could have like a big island with a town or something. Player mostly travel by boats. Making the maps more than 200 x 200 would be way better. The only thing I do not like are the kits. They shouldn't be this OP.
Every kit could give you a wooden swird and full leather. Some boats could possibly be faster than others? And some kits could give instead of permanent effects some potions or a bow, etc.
But I'm probably creating another game from your idea.
Because players wouldn't be able to leave their boats to explore islands. So that wouldn't quite work.

Reactions: Lilleh__

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
Maybe tweak some stuff about this, like as Dot said "players wouldn't be able to leave their boats to explore islands. So that wouldn't quite work.". I agree with this as what if someone accidentally shifted and their teammate left them? I think that if their teammate left they would have one minute to go back to them and get them back in the boat. Then again I don't know how that would work. So I think this was a great suggestion and I see what you meant by it yet I don't get how the mechanics of this game would work.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I think that this idea better is than survival games. Good suggestion.
Survival games will always be better than anything ._. No matter how bad it becomes... because survival games ._. (I'm very biased though...)

To be honest though I do like the idea of this game, it could have a lot of potential if done right. The only thing though is I'm pretty sure there was a glitch in 1.9 that made people ghost when they used boats. The players would be seen in one place but the boats would still be moving. If you played UHC it's kind of like the glitch that was happening with horse. (I don't know if it was fixed so someone correct me on that if I'm wrong)

One other issue is I don't know how much originality you could bring other than the initial game mode. Maps would be difficult to make look different if they were almost completely flat and I don't think the gameplay could be changed much because of the lack of different surroundings. It's could become another money walls is what I'm pretty much saying.

Quick question: are you suggesting this as a full gamemode or an arcade game? (I'm going to put my opinion for both)

My personal opinion, if you make it so you can't get out of the boat it would be very limited and would be better as an arcade game but if the maps are explorable, and maybe have water breathing potions (could be pretty op but I thought I'd bring it up to put out as an idea) or a way of breathing under water for a way to explore underwater caves or buildings it would be better as a side game for SG.

I think I would definitely play it, I don't know for how long but I would give it a go. For maps there could be some small islands or parkour structures that you can run around and jump through. Just an idea, have it like a half submerged world and boats are what are used to get around easily. 200x200 is quite small for boat travel considering boats are quite a fast way of travelling.

(Sending this now because I feel like I'm getting confusing and repeating things, I started writing and got carried away)

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Thx for all your feedback. I'll be using it to improve the gamemode.

Updated OP.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I think this is a pretty cool idea! I think donors (Diamond+) should be able to vote for Item types (Basic, Normal and OP) but I think this would be a pretty popular game!

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
To be honest though I do like the idea of this game, it could have a lot of potential if done right. The only thing though is I'm pretty sure there was a glitch in 1.9 that made people ghost when they used boats. The players would be seen in one place but the boats would still be moving. If you played UHC it's kind of like the glitch that was happening with horse. (I don't know if it was fixed so someone correct me on that if I'm wrong)
1.12 fixes that bug/glitch.
One other issue is I don't know how much originality you could bring other than the initial game mode. Maps would be difficult to make look different if they were almost completely flat and I don't think the gameplay could be changed much because of the lack of different surroundings. It's could become another money walls is what I'm pretty much saying.
I've been thinking and I actually do know some ways to improve and make this gamemode more original. Also more enjoyable for different kinds of players.
Quick question: are you suggesting this as a full gamemode or an arcade game? (I'm going to put my opinion for both)
It could be like Skywars where every player spawn on one islands and they will have to travel by boat to other islands or kill other players. So an actual game.
But lets wait for an actual answer.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
It could be like Skywars where every player spawn on one islands and they will have to travel by boat to other islands or kill other players. So an actual game.
But lets wait for an actual answer.
I'll put that up for vote.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Sounds like fun! With a few more tweaks, it will sound awesome!
Maybe adding a video or a few pictures next time would be nice!

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
I would like to play this game, it seems to me a very nice game.
I can't wait if this is in Cubecraft.
Keep up with good threads. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Members Online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Sebiebo's profile.
Happy birthday!
Eli wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Hi, you're great. Bye!
Eli
Antonio Carlos Jobim appreciation post. His music makes you nostalgic of an era you did not even live in.
Lord of Ducks wrote on emqtionall's profile.
I saw you in a eggwars lobby like 3 days ago, need to find the screenshot XD
Reesle wrote on Sebiebo's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom