Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

lilbr0b3ar

Jun 26, 2024
I heard that CubeCraft's bedrock server runs on the base of a java server. How exactly did they implement bedrock pvp into the server if it's Java based? I know Geyser exists for Java and bedrock crossplay but I don't know if Geyser lets you use bedrock pvp for a Java server. Is it like a custom plugin?

Reactions: BicolourSine41

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I’m pretty sure the Bedrock and Java servers work independently from each other, and I think the features they share were possibly ported over from one server to another
If I’m not wrong, this applies to maps and lobbies; for example an EggWars map that’s on CubeCraft Java can be implemented into CubeCraft Bedrock as the blocks themselves exist in both versions (and the only difference might simply be how the blocks are identified)

I think there are also other things that can be moved over from Java to Bedrock (and vice versa) like perhaps game mechanics, but it’s complicated to do so because Java and Bedrock work differently from each other, and especially because of the newer game framework on CubeCraft that I heard about

In terms of physical servers, it could be possible that Java and Bedrock share some space, but I honestly have no idea

I should mention that I’m no expert on this, this is all that I happen to know; feel free to correct anything here that could be inaccurate

Reactions: BicolourSine41

Quackier

Novice Member
Apr 4, 2023
United States of America
Pronouns
She/Her
It's a custom solution. They have some info here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/behind-the-cube-1-feelin-lucky.264600/

I’m pretty sure the Bedrock and Java servers work independently from each other, and I think the features they share were possibly ported over from one server to another
If I’m not wrong, this applies to maps and lobbies; for example an EggWars map that’s on CubeCraft Java can be implemented into CubeCraft Bedrock as the blocks themselves exist in both versions (and the only difference might simply be how the blocks are identified)

I think there are also other things that can be moved over from Java to Bedrock (and vice versa) like perhaps game mechanics, but it’s complicated to do so because Java and Bedrock work differently from each other, and especially because of the newer game framework on CubeCraft that I heard about

In terms of physical servers, it could be possible that Java and Bedrock share some space, but I honestly have no idea

I should mention that I’m no expert on this, this is all that I happen to know; feel free to correct anything here that could be inaccurate

If I'm not mistaken, since the 1.19 update most game code only needs to be written once for each platform; things that need to be made independently include GUIs and bedrock custom content (like cosmetics).

For physical servers, I remember seeing a staff member say that they're automatically allocated to each platform after someone asked them to make more bedrock servers or something.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on notbetapvp's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Map Feedback: Portals is the best SkyWars Duos map ever made. Please make more 24 player maps in the future
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Offline for 16 days
Eli wrote on ElFlxen_'s profile.
Gracias por el follow!! :)
Top Bottom