Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
1724277921452.png
1724277981060.png

After around 8 months the Secret Project was cancelled, which is a really big shame, as I'm sure it was something really crazy. I think they ran into development problems because it went into the testing bar for a little while before going back to in development, that shows that they were unable to fix the bugs that they found, and canceled the whole project (that's what I assume).

Reactions: TheMrSpacee

hoppyfrog28_

Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
View attachment 232794View attachment 232795
After around 8 months the Secret Project was cancelled, which is a really big shame, as I'm sure it was something really crazy. I think they ran into development problems because it went into the testing bar for a little while before going back to in development, that shows that they were unable to fix the bugs that they found, and canceled the whole project (that's what I assume).

This wasn't actually canceled. It's better to think about it as "paused". It was moved to the [BLOCKED] category instead of the [Scrapped] category, meaning that it will resume at some point.

The development of this project was temporarily stopped due to unforeseen reasons. Hopefully we will get an explanation soon, like we did with the extra Skyblock Quests when it was moved to the [BLOCKED] category.

blazingwind47

Jul 26, 2020
This wasn't actually canceled. It's better to think about it as "paused". It was moved to the [BLOCKED] category instead of the [Scrapped] category, meaning that it will resume at some point.

The development of this project was temporarily stopped due to unforeseen reasons. Hopefully we will get an explanation soon, like we did with the extra Skyblock Quests when it was moved to the [BLOCKED] category.
Its essentially the same. Blocked will mean they wont come back to it for the foreseeable future so you can basically say its cancelled, (The end update from 2022 was put in BLOCKED and hasnt seen the light of day since)

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
A brand new game (i.e. the secret project) would bring in a lot of players, and with potential that big I don’t see it getting completely canceled, especially considering how long it’s existed.
The fact that the Secret Project was under Testing at one point I find somewhat significant too, as it indicates that it went to a certain extent in the development process

Regarding the Skyblock End Update

Just some thoughts about the planned Skyblock End Update from the past

Here’s a somewhat silly theory, but I find it to be possible. To start this off, imagine if the Skyblock end update released, then Minecraft announces an End Update as the next update. Many of the mechanics would have to be redone and new ones added.
For a little while, Minecraft players have anticipated and hoped for a possible Minecraft End Update, and with the rising hype over the potential of one, the chances of actually getting one might be increasing.
Maybe any past plans for the Skyblock End Update can’t be set into place because suddenly the update might have to be completely redone to match the newest End if Minecraft got an End Update.
Even if the above theory isn’t true, I think that possibly, if Mojang announces and releases an End Update, then the Skyblock End Update could return to being developed. That would be a good time to make the update

To add to this concept, let’s look at why Minecraft players want an End Update.
Currently, the end has a few great and interesting features, like end cities, chorus fruit, and of course the main End Island with the dragon fight, but besides that, there isn’t much else in the end.
Also, the only mobs there are shulkers, endermen, and the ender dragon, and there aren’t a lot of blocks besides obsidian, purpur and endstone variants.
Compare this to the Nether, which has a lot of mobs, blocks and features, many of which were added in during the Nether Update.
I’m thinking that, currently, there aren’t enough features in the current Minecraft End for a Skyblock End Update, so that could be one of the reasons why the potential update was canceled.

Top Bottom