Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Giga blockwars in most games is basically just a race for who can get diamonds the fastest. The Outcome of matches is often decided in its first couple minutes and depends almost entirely on which team is lucky enough to have a large amount of players who actually try to get diamonds.

And the update made some time ago, that removed diamond blocks and replaced them with diamond ores did not help at all.

In fact, it made things worse because now attempting to steal diamonds when your opponent controls them is much harder as it leads to situations where you can't get enough diamonds to craft something useful without getting caught and killed.

All it achieved was make the "battle" for diamonds at the start of games last a bit longer and ocassionally require players to get iron first, it did not balance it out though as the outcome of it still heavily relies on who gets there first and which team is luckier to have more players go for diamonds early, only with the difference that arriving a couple seconds late is punished less and getting away with a "hit and run" tactic where you grab diamonds without fighting for them and run away is much harder to pull off.

That last part really makes it a lot easier to prevent opponents from getting diamonds by just camping on them, which makes the balancing problem worse.

This could be changed, if diamonds weren't exclusive solely to the central areas of the map, instead being more spread out across the map so that way the center becomes less crowded and players on both teams can get diamonds without having to risk fighting the opponent as well as allowing players who join late to get diamonds even if the opposing team has more of them and has control over the center of the map.

It would also force players trying to control diamond spawners to either be confined to only one spot where diamonds can spawn or move around more between those spots, which would also make it easier to get diamonds. Additionally, the diamond spawners closer to the opponents base would be much harder to control overall due to the naturally higher amount of opponent players there.

Alternatively its also possible to increase the amount of weapons capable of killing players with strong armor or reduce the amount of diamonds available to the point where getting enough diamonds for even just one piece of armor is equal to several minutes of grinding.

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him
Giga blockwars in most games is basically just a race for who can get diamonds the fastest. The Outcome of matches is often decided in its first couple minutes and depends almost entirely on which team is lucky enough to have a large amount of players who actually try to get diamonds.

And the update made some time ago, that removed diamond blocks and replaced them with diamond ores did not help at all.

In fact, it made things worse because now attempting to steal diamonds when your opponent controls them is much harder as it leads to situations where you can't get enough diamonds to craft something useful without getting caught and killed.

All it achieved was make the "battle" for diamonds at the start of games last a bit longer and ocassionally require players to get iron first, it did not balance it out though as the outcome of it still heavily relies on who gets there first and which team is luckier to have more players go for diamonds early, only with the difference that arriving a couple seconds late is punished less and getting away with a "hit and run" tactic where you grab diamonds without fighting for them and run away is much harder to pull off.

That last part really makes it a lot easier to prevent opponents from getting diamonds by just camping on them, which makes the balancing problem worse.

This could be changed, if diamonds weren't exclusive solely to the central areas of the map, instead being more spread out across the map so that way the center becomes less crowded and players on both teams can get diamonds without having to risk fighting the opponent as well as allowing players who join late to get diamonds even if the opposing team has more of them and has control over the center of the map.

It would also force players trying to control diamond spawners to either be confined to only one spot where diamonds can spawn or move around more between those spots, which would also make it easier to get diamonds. Additionally, the diamond spawners closer to the opponents base would be much harder to control overall due to the naturally higher amount of opponent players there.

Alternatively its also possible to increase the amount of weapons capable of killing players with strong armor or reduce the amount of diamonds available to the point where getting enough diamonds for even just one piece of armor is equal to several minutes of grinding.
Nah, what there's now is really enough, it takes time to get it and if you die you lose it. So then you need to mine for a while again.

Reactions: coolzombiee

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Nah, what there's now is really enough, it takes time to get it and if you die you lose it. So then you need to mine for a while again.
And how is that balanced exactly?

You are still ridiculously hard to kill if you have diamond armor, and as long as your team controls the diamonds you can just safely get them back.

If diamond spawners were more spread out instead of being exclusive to the center, then the first part applies far less because there are more opponents as strong as you, which makes the ability to get them back safely much less overpowered. It also forces teams to spread out more if they want to attempt to control diamonds, with control in certain areas being much harder to hold than others, not to mention making it impossible for one player to defend all of the diamond spawners.

The only downside I can see here is that overpowered mode would become even more painful than it already as, as each lobby would now be overrun by players in prot IV diamond armor, rendering a massive part of the lobby near unkillable.

And if there were more options available to kill players in stronger armor, then the first part also doesn't apply because you are not that hard to kill anymore, which once again makes the second part matter less because even if you get those diamonds: you are not nearly as hard to kill. This also makes control of diamond generators less overpowered.

The downside here is that it could lead to the game being basically unplayable without trying to get diamond first, as without it you are a 2 or 3 hit kill to a larger portion of players.

And if the diamonds were made even less accessible by reducing the amount of diamond generators, it will make the first part a bit more visible but in exchange dying with diamond armor means having to mine for much longer to regain it, even if you are "safe" to do so, which once again renders the ability to do so less strong. This would also extend the period where you can try to "fight" for diamonds, not to mention eliminating the ability to get diamond armor extremely early on.

Reducing accessibility does come with a lot of downsides which make it a really questionable option as it makes the ability to gain diamonds by stealing them even harder than it already is, and that while also potentially leading to teams either not bothering to gain diamonds because of how long it would take or lead to a situation where teams will extend the game by camping diamonds until they get enough of them for a certain number of players (though that's something that happens already).

The way it is currently, compared to how it was previously when diamond blocks were used instead, you are basically only slightly more inconvenienced when getting diamonds with diamonds themselves not being more balanced and the game still basically being a contest for who can control the diamonds for long enough to get them to their players.

The game is still decided in its first seconds/minutes, just with the difference that the likelyhood of the control of diamonds shifting within those minutes is a bit higher, as well as the difference that now getting there a couple seconds later than your opponent is less punished.

A game of a gamemode that can last up to 35 minutes (30 mins default + 5 overtime) should not be effectively decided in its first 2-3 minutes, and it definitely should have the ability to "turn the game around" past that point.

Besides: its not like some of these things are such massive changes.

Spreading out the diamond spawners is the only option here that would require large changes, as it means redesigning some of the maps in order to accomodate the changed diamond spawner placements.

Making it easier to kill diamond players means nothing other than slightly boosting the spawn rates of high damage weapons in care packages, buffing the strength powerup a little, adding a couple extra chests where items like harming potions, tridents, enchanted bows and knockback swords can spawn and maybe decreasing the cooldown between respawns of the items in those chests. Alternatively the amount of such items in the already existing chests could simply be increased.

And the last one just means reducing the amount of diamond ore blocks that on each map.

Reactions: BicolourSine41
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hellu everyone! :heart:
I'm officially back again :D,
As most of you know, I’ve been away for the past 20 days due to my final exams.. One of the most important things as it was my last year of high school.. I wanted to take a moment to thank you all and i appreciate every person who wished me luck during this while! :D
Catch you all soon, and wishing everyone wonderful time! <33
iTz1Hamood wrote on CagriCann's profile.
Happy birthday!! :)
What should I do if I bought the mecha pack and it doesn’t show in my buddies list …
Kazwa wrote on CagriCann's profile.
happy birthday!
lorilambthecoolgamer wrote on yuduki0729's profile.
WELCOME
Top Bottom