Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

EntPierce

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello!

What is Drag Clicking / Double Clicking?

Drag clicking is your type of click which consists of dragging your finger on the mouse to make a certain number of clicks, double clicking is when you click once, it is registered as 2 or more clicks.

For that reason, players can achieve a higher number of clicks per second.

The Issue

Cubecraft has long allowed players to use drag click and double click, however, drag click cannot be used with tape as it is considered a "physical modification", taking this into account, it could be said that double clicking is also a physical modification, since some players modify their mouse / break it, in order to use double click, also it is impossible to know if someone drags with or without tape, there are also some who drag with tape residue and this is practically undetectable.

One of the main arguments when these types of clicks were allowed was that Cubecraft had a good matchmaking, where it matched you with people on your platform for example: Computer / Console / Phone, but this is not true, with the drop in Cubecraft players, it usually matches you with whoever, especially in larger game modes like Squads / Mega / Blockwars, something which since these clicks were allowed, makes Console and Phone players have a big disadvantage over PC players, considering that also players of Console and phone represent the largest percentage of players that play the server, making there be a giant skill gap between the players of the server, that being said, I will continue to the next problem, since these type of clicks were admitted, a large percentage of players took advantage to use "macro", since it is difficult to know if they use legal or illegal methods, having to gather a lot of evidence so that these players can be sanctioned, this problem happens mainly in Eggwars and Skywars, it could be said that more than 90% of the players that put many blocks do it with macro of 70-200 cps, cubecraft is supposed to have a cps limiter, but it seems that this does not exist, since you can notice the difference between someone that uses macro of 30 to someone that uses macro of 200 or more, other people even use "Scaffold", which makes them put blocks below them automatically when they are going to fall into the void, something which shows that they use the rule to do illegal actions something which is supposed to It is not the point, also, in these issues we cannot argue with Java servers like Hypixel since they do not have Console and Phone players that generate such a large skill gap, some say that these clicks should be legal because they are practically clicks like the JitterClick or the Butterfly click, in the case of the double click, no, the double click is based on the fact that for each click two or more clicks are detected, something which does not happen in the jitter, with respect to the drag, this one here can be considered a click, but as I already mentioned, it is impossible to know if it is used or not with tape and even worse if it is used with tape residue and finally I know that several players in the past have been banned for using double click accidentally with their mouse, so I will give the following solutions.

The Solution

The solutions to this problem are varied, first let me clarify something, if double click / drag click were to be banned, players who accidentally place a certain amount of blocks that do not affect the game, should not be penalized, since in the past certain people have been penalized for very short clicks where they accidentally place 2-6 blocks with double clicks, now I will continue, first and most effective, ban drag and double click on the entire server, this would be like going back in time and it would be the most effective, combining it with a cps limiter that DOES WORK, second, just add a cps limiter that DOES WORK, limiting the cps of all players to 20-30 cps at most, this would help, but it would not be as effective as the first method.

Thanks.

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him
That's a really high cps limit. It would realistically not stop a lot of drag clickers since most of them click around or just below 20. A limit around 10 or 12 would be more effective.
This way with controller you can reach the limit. Thats really bad.
Hello!

Drag clicking is your type of click which consists of dragging your finger on the mouse to make a certain number of clicks, double clicking is when you click once, it is registered as 2 or more clicks.

The Issue

Cubecraft has long allowed players to use drag click and double click, however, drag click cannot be used with tape as it is considered a "physical modification", taking this into account, it could be said that double clicking is also a physical modification, since some players modify their mouse / break it, in order to use double click, also it is impossible to know if someone drags with or without tape, there are also some who drag with tape residue and this is practically undetectable.

One of the main arguments when these types of clicks were allowed was that Cubecraft had a good matchmaking, where it matched you with people on your platform for example: Computer / Console / Phone, but this is not true, with the drop in Cubecraft players, it usually matches you with whoever, especially in larger game modes like Squads / Mega / Blockwars, something which since these clicks were allowed, makes Console and Phone players have a big disadvantage over PC players, considering that also players of Console and phone represent the largest percentage of players that play the server, making there be a giant skill gap between the players of the server, that being said, I will continue to the next problem, since these type of clicks were admitted, a large percentage of players took advantage to use "macro", since it is difficult to know if they use legal or illegal methods, having to gather a lot of evidence so that these players can be sanctioned, this problem happens mainly in Eggwars and Skywars, it could be said that more than 90% of the players that put many blocks do it with macro of 70-200 cps, cubecraft is supposed to have a cps limiter, but it seems that this does not exist, since you can notice the difference between someone that uses macro of 30 to someone that uses macro of 200 or more, other people even use "Scaffold", which makes them put blocks below them automatically when they are going to fall into the void, something which shows that they use the rule to do illegal actions something which is supposed to It is not the point, also, in these issues we cannot argue with Java servers like Hypixel since they do not have Console and Phone players that generate such a large skill gap, some say that these clicks should be legal because they are practically clicks like the JitterClick or the Butterfly click, in the case of the double click, no, the double click is based on the fact that for each click two or more clicks are detected, something which does not happen in the jitter, with respect to the drag, this one here can be considered a click, but as I already mentioned, it is impossible to know if it is used or not with tape and even worse if it is used with tape residue and finally I know that several players in the past have been banned for using double click accidentally with their mouse, so I will give the following solutions.

The Solution

The solutions to this problem are varied, first let me clarify something, if double click / drag click were to be banned, players who accidentally place a certain amount of blocks that do not affect the game, should not be penalized, since in the past certain people have been penalized for very short clicks where they accidentally place 2-6 blocks with double clicks, now I will continue, first and most effective, ban drag and double click on the entire server, this would be like going back in time and it would be the most effective, combining it with a cps limiter that DOES WORK, second, just add a cps limiter that DOES WORK, limiting the cps of all players to 20-30 cps at most, this would help, but it would not be as effective as the first method.

Thanks.
This is why to buy a mouse. Drag is hard and needs practice so its just ok. Double click, relatednoobs had a thread to allow that again. CC changed it from Bedrock to all networks, that first had 25 agrees and then java players came and disagreed, so just allow all of those methods

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
My mouse is fully able to drag click, but I never lowered my denounce cus I'm not a Gobsheen.

Last edited:

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I agree with the suggestion. As a mouse and keyboard player myself, I often face people who drag click or double click RMB and spam blocks ridiculously crazy. It annoys me so much because it stalls games and it annoys me even more if I lose to those guys. These people rely too much on drag clicking and double clicking and in my opinion, I consider it cheating because not everyone can do it, even I can't and won't do it if I have the opportunity to learn it. CubeCraft, please do the right thing and ban drag clicking and double clicking. If not, then at least severely nerf them somehow

L1kii

Mar 25, 2022
Hello!

The Issue

The Solution

Thanks.
I completely agree with you. The big amount of this „drag“ clickers are for very long time average players and surprisingly they turn over night to amazing drag clickers. And as u say, nobody can see if they use tape or not. Cps limit would help a lot, max 15-20 cps would be more then enough since this is what butterfly click users can reach. Dear Cubecraft staff pls go back to normal clicking methods and reduce cps limit. And don’t listen to relatednoobs who is not even playing cubecraft server and who doesn know how much pain it is to fight „drag“ clicking ppl.

dream81501

Dec 5, 2023
Hello!

The Issue

The Solution

Thanks.
I'm going to take this comment seriously because it's not like for 8 years this debate has been taking place to begin with, it's not a cheat, even if some people cheat with macro and auto click by hiding behind the pretext that they drag click, but the problem is that double clicking, which consists of clicking at the same time, is obligatory, mobile players sometimes play without paying attention to how many fingers they put to place blocks then let's go back to drag click, For players who really measure it and who are obliged to put a large amount of money in a mouse and then put tape on it and on the tape put indelible marker (in the best of cases). Otherwise, before focusing on unmasking who drag click and who auto click, Cubecraft should rather improve its anticheat because I sometimes see people steal reach, kill aura who after several months are still not banned. I totally understand the complexity of an anti cheat but ah a moment maybe you shouldn't abuse people who are banned because they fly in the lobby because of a connection error while others have nothing when they do it by moving and in game. For me it's much more important than any auto click because against someone who has blocks automatically you can kill him other than in the void while those who don't take knock back, fly and reach on any the map. In addition, you know that a new version of a very big cheat client has been released and that even the anti cheat of Hypixel (the biggest server in minecraft with probably the best anti cheat for those who don't know) can't detect who cheats and doesn't cheat while one is still talking about people who activate all the cheats at the same time and don't don't recognize in time that cheater. On the other hand, if in a full anti cheat update, you can find who auto click and who drag click. And those who auto-click on the PVP also have priority

Reactions: BicolourSine41

superluces

Jul 23, 2024
Switzerland
Hello!

The Issue

The Solution

Thanks.

Hello!

The Issue

The Solution

Thanks.

Hello!

The Issue

The Solution

Thanks

Hello!

The Issue

The Solution

Thanks.
Bruh i just bought new mouse to drag 💀

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm going to take this comment seriously because it's not like for 8 years this debate has been taking place to begin with
Its in debate for all the right reasons, bedrock is a cross platform game, and someone has to ensure players on platforms that aren't PC aren't too disadvantaged.

Now the developers of the game aren't gonna do it, because they are not developing the game towards PVP, which is blatantly clear in the addition of the mace and the fact the pvp mechanics feel like they were desgined by interns back in 2013 and not touched ever since.

This means its the individual servers responsibility to make sure the game is playable and fun for all platforms.

it's not a cheat
1. Noone claimed it is
2. Just because its a not a cheat doesn't mean its good or even okay. Drag clicking and double clicking are unfair towards players who aren't on PC.

And even ignoring that: remember that there are plenty bannable ingame offenses that aren't cheating, such as trolling, (even if it takes a bilion years to actually ban someone for it).

but the problem is that double clicking, which consists of clicking at the same time, is obligatory
As someone who played minecraft across many different platforms over my time with minecraft: double clicking is in no way obligatory. On PC, you can do just fine without it. Same applies to consoles. On Mobile, well good luck doing anything actually useful with that many fingers covering your screen just to tap on it a bit faster.

then let's go back to drag click, For players who really measure it and who are obliged to put a large amount of money in a mouse and then put tape on it and on the tape put indelible marker (in the best of cases).
Spoiler alert: noone is making them do it. Minecraft, and most definitely bedrock, is playable without high CPS rates. I am doing perfectly fine clicking 6-8 by just using one finger the normal way.

Cubecraft should rather improve its anticheat because I sometimes see people steal reach, kill aura who after several months are still not banned.
Cubecrafts anticheat isn't bad, at least not on bedrock. Also: have you tried reporting any of them? Like, through the forums? As much as I have good reasons to not trust the moderators to always be good at their jobs (for reference: that time I posted about a guy who's been trolling for nearly a year now who, as of writing this, IS STILL NOT BANNED), I can assure you they are good at banning cheaters when they see them. Not to mention those reports and bans could potentially help develop the anticheat further.

In fact I'd argue any cheater (even suspected cheater) you choose not to report slows down the anticheat development and actively harms the experience of anyone who's at the risk of encountering that cheater.

Besides, what kind of whataboutism is this? We are debating drag clicking and double clicking, I do not see how a "anticheat needs to get guder" type of post is relevant to that.

I totally understand the complexity of an anti cheat but ah a moment maybe you shouldn't abuse people who are banned because they fly in the lobby because of a connection error while others have nothing when they do it by moving and in game.
Imma say something extremely controversial now: if you are so laggy you can't play normally, don't play. PVP is heavily reliant on ping anyway, being too laggy will get you killed almost every single fight, and having just the right ping (one where the game is still playable, but one that isn't low either) can even create an advantage for you.

Source: I once reported a player who I thought was reach hacking because, well, he has managed to hit me from like a solid 2 or 3 extra blocks. He got banned, then later unbanned, because it turns out that from his perspective everything was perfectly fine, its just that the dude lives in asia which makes his ping really high, not "lag" high, but "weird stuff happens" high which lead to this whole situation.

Another controversial opinion: if you do play with ping this high, you should only be able to play against players in a similar situation, and noone else, even if it means having to wait literal hours for a game.

For me it's much more important than any auto click because against someone who has blocks automatically
has blocks automatically? what does that even mean?

Do you mean someone who has a cheat to automatically move blocks to the right inventory slot when they're bridging?

Well, time for the third unpopular opinion: for bedrock edition, that should be a toggle-able (settings) ingame feature anyway. I see no reason not to add it, and plenty of reasons and times when it could be useful. Both in PVP and non-PVP settings, those non-PVP much less admittedly.

other than in the void while those who don't take knock back, fly and reach on any the map.
Of course hackers are gonna be a more severe problem than drag and double clickers, BUT THAT'S NOT UNRELATED TO ACTUAL TOPIC WHICH ARE SPECIFICALLY DRAG AND DOUBLE CLICKERS.

Just because worse problems exist, doesn't mean this one deserves attention too. We, as humans, are capable of handling more than just the most important topic at the time (at least we are supposed to be).

I also think there are actually more severe problems than hackers, there just aren't that many of them, at least on bedrock. Yet I don't yap about them in detail in posts that are unrelated to the actual topic.

If you think the anticheat needs improvement, that's fair, but how about you discuss it in posts dedicated to that, and not posts about unrelated or barely-related topics?
On the other hand, if in a full anti cheat update, you can find who auto click and who drag click. And those who auto-click on the PVP also have priority
For drag-, auto- and double clicking you do not need a full anti cheat update. You simply need a basic CPS cap. That's extremely simple to implement, in its most basic version it'd just kick anyone who goes above a certain CPS, if we want to do it fancy, then maybe just limit it to situations where the CPS goes above limit too often or too long.

coolzombiee

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2024
Hello!

The Issue

The Solution

Thanks.
It would be nice, because players on pc have a great advantage to their device specific Minecraft features make them have more skill making them better players, where as mobile you click slower and it’s worse for pvp so I think drag clicking bannable

L1kii

Mar 25, 2022
Its in debate for all the right reasons, bedrock is a cross platform game, and someone has to ensure players on platforms that aren't PC aren't too disadvantaged.

Now the developers of the game aren't gonna do it, because they are not developing the game towards PVP, which is blatantly clear in the addition of the mace and the fact the pvp mechanics feel like they were desgined by interns back in 2013 and not touched ever since.

This means its the individual servers responsibility to make sure the game is playable and fun for all platforms.

1. Noone claimed it is
2. Just because its a not a cheat doesn't mean its good or even okay. Drag clicking and double clicking are unfair towards players who aren't on PC.

And even ignoring that: remember that there are plenty bannable ingame offenses that aren't cheating, such as trolling, (even if it takes a bilion years to actually ban someone for it).

As someone who played minecraft across many different platforms over my time with minecraft: double clicking is in no way obligatory. On PC, you can do just fine without it. Same applies to consoles. On Mobile, well good luck doing anything actually useful with that many fingers covering your screen just to tap on it a bit faster.

Spoiler alert: noone is making them do it. Minecraft, and most definitely bedrock, is playable without high CPS rates. I am doing perfectly fine clicking 6-8 by just using one finger the normal way.

Cubecrafts anticheat isn't bad, at least not on bedrock. Also: have you tried reporting any of them? Like, through the forums? As much as I have good reasons to not trust the moderators to always be good at their jobs (for reference: that time I posted about a guy who's been trolling for nearly a year now who, as of writing this, IS STILL NOT BANNED), I can assure you they are good at banning cheaters when they see them. Not to mention those reports and bans could potentially help develop the anticheat further.

In fact I'd argue any cheater (even suspected cheater) you choose not to report slows down the anticheat development and actively harms the experience of anyone who's at the risk of encountering that cheater.

Besides, what kind of whataboutism is this? We are debating drag clicking and double clicking, I do not see how a "anticheat needs to get guder" type of post is relevant to that.

Imma say something extremely controversial now: if you are so laggy you can't play normally, don't play. PVP is heavily reliant on ping anyway, being too laggy will get you killed almost every single fight, and having just the right ping (one where the game is still playable, but one that isn't low either) can even create an advantage for you.

Source: I once reported a player who I thought was reach hacking because, well, he has managed to hit me from like a solid 2 or 3 extra blocks. He got banned, then later unbanned, because it turns out that from his perspective everything was perfectly fine, its just that the dude lives in asia which makes his ping really high, not "lag" high, but "weird stuff happens" high which lead to this whole situation.

Another controversial opinion: if you do play with ping this high, you should only be able to play against players in a similar situation, and noone else, even if it means having to wait literal hours for a game.

Do you mean someone who has a cheat to automatically move blocks to the right inventory slot when they're bridging?

Well, time for the third unpopular opinion: for bedrock edition, that should be a toggle-able (settings) ingame feature anyway. I see no reason not to add it, and plenty of reasons and times when it could be useful. Both in PVP and non-PVP settings, those non-PVP much less admittedly.

Of course hackers are gonna be a more severe problem than drag and double clickers, BUT THAT'S NOT UNRELATED TO ACTUAL TOPIC WHICH ARE SPECIFICALLY DRAG AND DOUBLE CLICKERS.

Just because worse problems exist, doesn't mean this one deserves attention too. We, as humans, are capable of handling more than just the most important topic at the time (at least we are supposed to be).

I also think there are actually more severe problems than hackers, there just aren't that many of them, at least on bedrock. Yet I don't yap about them in detail in posts that are unrelated to the actual topic.

If you think the anticheat needs improvement, that's fair, but how about you discuss it in posts dedicated to that, and not posts about unrelated or barely-related topics?

For drag-, auto- and double clicking you do not need a full anti cheat update. You simply need a basic CPS cap. That's extremely simple to implement, in its most basic version it'd just kick anyone who goes above a certain CPS, if we want to do it fancy, then maybe just limit it to situations where the CPS goes above limit too often or too long.

1. Noone claimed it is

1722110964886.jpeg

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
I agree with the principal, however, I also believe that if these players were only legitimately drag clicking, it wouldn't be a major issue. The main issue is ppl using macro or auto and saying its drag. So for me, focus on the cheaters and not drag as all that will happen soon is that butterfly clicking will next be used as an excuse for cheating. Focus on the cheaters.

CeruleanPrism81

Novice Member
Sep 19, 2021
world of emeralds
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
The problem with drag clicks is that admins don't see the difference between "Scaffold" and "Drag click" And when you see a player who can't be thrown into the void, he's definitely using Scaffold or something similar, in reality with drag click you'll have a terrible aim and it will be difficult for you to maintain maximum CPS with drag click, yes, some players can do this, but it is unlikely that they play on a server for androids

llvqs

Feb 25, 2024
UAE
Hello!

The Issue

Cubecraft has long allowed players to use drag click and double click, however, drag click cannot be used with tape as it is considered a "physical modification", taking this into account, it could be said that double-clicking is also a physical modification, since some players modify their mouse / break it, in order to use double click, also it is impossible to know if someone drags with or without tape, there are also some who drag with tape residue and this is practically undetectable.

The Solution

Thanks.
Just a cps limit would do it for me, i’m just sick and tired of (basically autos) players refusing to fall into the void and keep extending to outer space. As for the platform matchmaking, if I were a console or touch player, I would’ve raged the hell out of my phone if I ever (god forbid) encountered such clickers.

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Just a cps limit would do it for me, i’m just sick and tired of (basically autos) players refusing to fall into the void and keep extending to outer space. As for the platform matchmaking, if I were a console or touch player, I would’ve raged the hell out of my phone if I ever (god forbid) encountered such clickers.
But don't you see, any clicking method can be used as a mask for cheaters. Your blaming a method of clicking instead of players who cheat

I agree with the suggestion. As a mouse and keyboard player myself, I often face people who drag click or double click RMB and spam blocks ridiculously crazy. It annoys me so much because it stalls games and it annoys me even more if I lose to those guys. These people rely too much on drag clicking and double clicking and in my opinion, I consider it cheating because not everyone can do it, even I can't and won't do it if I have the opportunity to learn it. CubeCraft, please do the right thing and ban drag clicking and double clicking. If not, then at least severely nerf them somehow
Don't mobile players have higher reach? I can't do this, so how is that also fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on lichtim's profile.
Happy birthday!🎈
UncleSpect wrote on lichtim's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
fanclub?
1725746466602.png
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
💜
Top Bottom