Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
As for the suggestion, the server using spam bots is using a lot of spam bots and each one of thos bots could have had a past life in the hands of a player playing on cubecraft. I don't want any innocents getting banned and I might not be all knowledgable how ip bans would take effect and who specifically they will effect (excluding the obvious answers) therefore I can't back this suggestion, nor be against it.
Well, considering how Cubecraft's measures haven't solved the problem they will need to think of other ways to get rid of those bots.
It really seems that the amount is growing. I'm really against filtering the word "endless", it will only result into more players having a problem with the chat filter.
But I do not know any other solution currently. So it's filtering the word or simply IP banning the bots

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
Well, considering how Cubecraft's measures haven't solved the problem they will need to think of other ways to get rid of those bots.
It really seems that the amount is growing. I'm really against filtering the word "endless", it will only result into more players having a problem with the chat filter.
But I do not know any other solution currently. So it's filtering the word or simply IP banning the bots

Just muting them slowly should do eventually :P

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Just muting them slowly should do eventually :p
Their amount is still growing. The current measures Cubecraft is taking is not working. I'm seeing more and more people advertising that server.
They may stop eventually because of boredom or because they realize that their advertisement isn't really improving their server's player amount.
But that will likely not be the case for the following days, maybe even weeks.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
To blacklisting the word:
I've seen plenty of names with the words "end", "endless", "ends". etc. Blacklisting it won't do much either, as they'll just bypass it.

To people saying that they can use VPN's:
In the post I said the following
Even if they use a VPN, it makes it harder for them to use the bots if we constantly IP-ban the accounts.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
make a announcement to report these people/bots!
People already do
they do not have inifnity of them,
Firstly "infinity" in the context you use it doesn't makes sense since technically Infinity isn't a number
secondly they may not have an infinite supply at their hands but if at any point they run out, they person setting up these bots can just get more, if those run out set up more, again set up more, they can continue setting more up for as long as they want
also tell them to not join the server ;)
Yeah because if there are terrorists threatening the government to give them something or they'll bomb something like the capitol building
if the government just called them and told them not to blow it up they'd listen

yeah just because you tell someone not to do something doesn't mean they won't do it

Um @Gainfullterror About your solution to the VPN problem... I don't really know how they are going to constantly ban them without using bots to do it which by the time they made a full proof bot it may have subsided as @Dotsially pointed out
They may stop eventually because of boredom or because they realize that their advertisement isn't really improving their server's player amount.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I'm annoyed with all the people Spamming New Servidor --> "#$%&/)@&
The only possible solution I can see is muting them slowly.

We all know that there is a 0,001% chance that a player is using the account... (Sarcastic)
I believe it's our job to report'em and get'em muted because Staff don't want Ip ban because of what I said up.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Um @Gainfullterror About your solution to the VPN problem... I don't really know how they are going to constantly ban them without using bots to do it which by the time they made a full proof bot it may have subsided as @Dotsially pointed out
I'm not telling them to get bots to IP ban them, but to have staff hand the names to a higher member so they can IP-ban the spambot's account.
There's no need for a full-proof bot, as, like you both have said, they'll quit eventually.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I'm not telling them to get bots to IP ban them, but to have staff hand the names to a higher member so they can IP-ban the spambot's account.
exactly but that brings up the VPN problem again
since staff cannot be IP banning them while asleep or while they are in a very important place at a certain time when they can't (or when they don't have any devices either yeah that might be a problem)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
exactly but that brings up the VPN problem again
since staff cannot be IP banning them while asleep or while they are in a very important place at a certain time when they can't (or when they don't have any devices either yeah that might be a problem)
Hmm... I guess they could use a script, where it prompts them for a username & it runs the IP ban in the server through the command log thingy.

Reactions: Injunction

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I coompletely agree.

Im going to go on that trashy server and spam "play on play.cubecraft.net for better gametypes than this server" a lot. That'll teach em' xD

XxRubyxX

May 13, 2017
Can't the Admins/Owners join the server and try to get in contact with the Owner and try to stop it? I've seen players doing this before(I was Manager on a server and the Owner liked to use bots to advertise the server, a lot of players kept coming back and advertising their server on the server I was Manager on), just not in the best way.

XxRubyxX

May 13, 2017
I coompletely agree.

Im going to go on that trashy server and spam "play on play.cubecraft.net for better gametypes than this server" a lot. That'll teach em' xD
I already joined the server and messages a Chat-Mod "Also, can you stop using spam bots to advertise the server? It's quite annoying" then I said "Plus, players will try to advertise CubeCraft on this server in "revenge", I've seen it happen before". After that, I left. I'm not sure if I'm banned on there now. xD

Ps. I didn't advertise this server, I don't do that. Also, keep in mind that I /msg(Private message) a Chat-Mod.

Reactions: Deeds

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Can't the Admins/Owners join the server and try to get in contact with the Owner and try to stop it? I've seen players doing this before(I was Manager on a server and the Owner liked to use bots to advertise the server, a lot of players kept coming back and advertising their server on the server I was Manager on), just not in the best way.
Pretty hard to do, especially if the owners claim that "they're not behind it" like an other server that had ad bots here.
I wish it was that easy, but they can't really force them to stop when they claim it's not them.

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
Their amount is still growing. The current measures Cubecraft is taking is not working. I'm seeing more and more people advertising that server.

Lezappen said the reasoning behind not banning them, People used to own those accounts and if they ip ban them it will ban innocent players too

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
Happy Birthday Gemmie!! 🥳🧁
Achieved level 85 on Bedrock today while scoring a pit in Bridges 5v5. Woohoo! 🎊
IMG_6444.png
Reesle wrote on bleedn's profile.
Hello! 👋
IMG_6431.png

Cool skin btw!
Reesle wrote on Jedidiahh's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🧁🐕
News: Halloween Event 2024 has got an update on the Notion Board!
Changes: Ender is the Halloween Game (coming to both Java and Bedrock) and halloween lobby quests are also coming!
1726859519935.png
Top Bottom