Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
You may remember my post talking about a person who's been trolling in giga blockwars for a year by this point.

here is the link: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a...of-one-annoying-giga-blockwars-player.367204/

To sum it up and give you the necessary context, basically: this person goes into giga blockwars games, spams blocks, locks in spawns and tries to team kill people

I reported him and his several alts many times, but he just keeps coming back.

As you might guess based on the title, I ENCOUNTERED HIM AGAIN

I go into the game, like I normally do, moments later, after shortly being afk, I see this person in his iconic skin doing what he does best: either using an autoclicker, or completely destroying his mouse, purely for the sake of annoying people. And it worked, ngl.

Its the 5th time that I am reporting this person for this. The worst part is that they already were banned once, they and at least 1 of their alts. But, for some unexplainable and unknown reason the bans were lifted.

so not only is he back, BUT HE IS DOING IT ON ONE OF HIS OLD ALT ACCOUNTS

Now this whole situation points out several problems I think the cubecraft rules, report and appeal systems have. Luckilly I think I know how we might help fix or at least minimize some of them.

Firstly, why is it that, when a punishment is appealed, the person who reported them is not informed of it? Like, we already have people being informed of an accepted report and receiving short explanations when reports are rejected, especially in cheating cases.

I think that we should do the same with appeals. Have the appeal moderator reply to the last accepted report of a person whose punishment is being appealed, and provide an explanation as to why that person punishment is being lifted. The only exceptions to that being "moderator witnessed" types of punishements AND anti-cheat punishments, because in those cases its obviously not necessary.

My idea with this is to:

1. have the person who reported the offender have the ability to object or at least talk about the person whose punishment is being appealed. and
2. to force the appeal moderators to provide explanations for their decisions. A ban, no matter the reason, is a serious thing, in most situations its also very much earned. A ban should never be removed without a good justification of that decision. And based on this situation it shows how easy it is to regain several banned accounts despite being a repeat offender that has no intention of actually stopping what they're doing.

We already do that with reports to an extent, moderators provide explanations for rejected reports and are fully prepared to change their minds if you point out a detail in a report they might have missed. I for example once reported 2 players for teaming when there were 3 of us alive, the mod intiailly rejected the report because the player names weren't visible until I pointed out they were visible in the chat in a couple of moments of the clip. After I did this the mod changes their decision.

I see no reason why we can't do the same with appeals.

Secondly, as this situation proves, any punishment other than an instant ban is not effective, as some might know trolling, on first offense, is usually not punished with a ban. This leads to situations where a troll can go on with just one account for a really long time before they have to switch to a new one.

My suggestion is that, no matter the offense, all offenses are punished with a ban, "lighter" ones with a temporary one on first offense and permanent one afterwards, and severe offenses with a perma ban on first offense and all offenses afterwards.

Thirdly, add an appeal limit to each account. Basically: once an account has been unbanned x-amount of times due to appeals, it cannot not be unbanned again, EVER. This way we prevent repeat offenders regaining access to old accounts via the appeal system.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Not a bad idea, I can see some flaws with it though, especially in gamemodes with lower player/fewer lobbies counts where it might make it harder to get games started, as well as the flaw of it making players above the level cap more likely to encounter sweats, grinders and what not. I do like the idea though, and I feel like it might help with the problem you are describing as well as help with trolling to an extent as now only low level players will have to deal with trolls.

That said, as much as I like the idea, it'd not help with my situation specifically because in this situation the biggest problem, besides the existence of his alts, is the fact that someone decided it was a good idea to unban all of them.

Which is not only a pretty big deal because your idea may not work if his older accounts have a higher level, but also because it prevents sentinel from blocking his ip due to having too many banned accounts on it which means that if we want to get rid of him we need to report all of his alts again, get them banned again, and once enough of them are banned sentinel might decide to not allow him to join the network on another alt. And then we'd have to pray that they don't get unbanned again.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on lichtim's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
fanclub?
1725746466602.png
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
💜
Delta6927 wrote on Eliza's profile.
brother?!!