Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of allowing the obsidian to be broken with any kind of pickaxe?

• Really good suggestion!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • It's necessary

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I don't play EggWars / I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not necessary

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • The game is good like it is now!

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Shodzen

Novice Member
May 28, 2017
Hi.
I don't know if you know what I am gonna talk about today, so just continue reading, don't be lazy!
Since a time ago I feel so disapointed with one of the last updates of EggWars, and I think too much people feel the same. So, I'm going straight to the point.
A lot of time ago, you were able to break an obsidian block witch a stone pickaxe and break your opponent's egg without needing a diamond pickaxe. And this simple thing made the game more intense and funny, because it wasn't easy to break eggs with it (the people can catch you breaking the egg and you lose your progress), so that made it more tense.
But one of the newest updates finished with this detail and an obsidian block can only be broken with a diamond pickaxe right now.

So with my suggestion I try to bring back that little detail that gave excitement to the game. I think this game has lost a lot of its action and it is more slow now. That's because you need to prepare you better to break an egg.
And where are the strategies and stealth that I and other people liked, and that with the new update is not necessary, since to break an egg you have to carry a good pickaxe to break it and you carefree more? EggWars is a strategic game, but there were things that brought it more excitement before and that now are being injured with the new updates.

So tell me, What do you think of allowing the obsidian to be broken (slowly) with any type of pick? Thank you for giving your opinion to help the Staff to see what users think. Sure, if they see the post.

I have to add that i am not english, so I may commit mistakes. So, take it easy, dude.

F

Facelurite

Is obsidian really unbreakable with any other pick? Why ?

Obsidian should be able to be broken by hand even if it takes 4 mins.

If this thread is indeed accurate then a support is plus onezy

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Did CubeCraft removed it ? (that you can't break blocks with a stone pickaxe) Ohwke, if they removed it is sad, because it was very funny to rush eggs with an stone pickaxe and if they had obsidian you was 5 minutes busy with breaking the obsidian and it was very fun, so i think they should add the 'stone pickaxe break obsidian' back. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: zHeavy

Shodzen

Novice Member
May 28, 2017
Just play a game and try to do that. As times as you try it, the block will re-appair in its location.
It's not lag. U can try to break how much times you want and it will continue appearing again.
It has a 100% of possibility of reappearing.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
You can break obsidian with any pick. Last night broke 3 obsidian'd eggs using a stone pick(two of them were in one life even), quite recently I've even done it with my bare hand.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
You should be able to do that. I don't think they changed this, or even thought about doing so.
The block reappearing might just be another variant of block lag, so just stay in the same spot and keep hitting it for a while. It should break before your pick breaks the block the second time (in my experience).
It was sarcasm.
Teeeechnically it was an over exaggeration. Sarcasm is where you say something while obviously not literally meaning it.

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
Being able to take out the opponents defense is very important
It makes the game go faster and as you mentioned it makes it more intense
Quicker games are more intense, fun, and overall better in my opionion
Adding this old feature back would make eggwars more fun
+1

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
You should be able to do that. I don't think they changed this, or even thought about doing so.
The block reappearing might just be another variant of block lag, so just stay in the same spot and keep hitting it for a while. It should break before your pick breaks the block the second time (in my experience).

Teeeechnically it was an over exaggeration. Sarcasm is where you say something while obviously not literally meaning it.
Your right :)

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hi.
I don't know if you know what I am gonna talk about today, so just continue reading, don't be lazy!
Since a time ago I feel so disapointed with one of the last updates of EggWars, and I think too much people feel the same. So, I'm going straight to the point.
A lot of time ago, you were able to break an obsidian block witch a stone pickaxe and break your opponent's egg without needing a diamond pickaxe. And this simple thing made the game more intense and funny, because it wasn't easy to break eggs with it (the people can catch you breaking the egg and you lose your progress), so that made it more tense.
But one of the newest updates finished with this detail and an obsidian block can only be broken with a diamond pickaxe right now.

So with my suggestion I try to bring back that little detail that gave excitement to the game. I think this game has lost a lot of its action and it is more slow now. That's because you need to prepare you better to break an egg.
And where are the strategies and stealth that I and other people liked, and that with the new update is not necessary, since to break an egg you have to carry a good pickaxe to break it and you carefree more? EggWars is a strategic game, but there were things that brought it more excitement before and that now are being injured with the new updates.

So tell me, What do you think of allowing the obsidian to be broken (slowly) with any type of pick? Thank you for giving your opinion to help the Staff to see what users think. Sure, if they see the post.

I have to add that i am not english, so I may commit mistakes. So, take it easy, dude.
It got removed? I didn't know since I never tried breaking an egg without a diamond pickaxe.
If so, I guess why not add it back? Its indeed funny and maybe the game can be more tensed.

Reactions: Gaaabb
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

10 EUR... for this? Oh boy 😔

1729245754252.png
A..111I wrote on totoloji's profile.
Capitan wrote on cristian2259's profile.
peponcio
Lord of Ducks wrote on pleasedharch's profile.
please stop bumping old threads, "Fire bundle + Maps!" "Kaiju V mecha packs + Maps! etc...
BicolourSine41 wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Hallo, hoi, dag
Top Bottom