Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

llvqs

Feb 25, 2024
UAE
Can we talk about the fact that reporting players via the forums is such a long process? It all starts where 1. I have to get a clip of the cheater using said cheats. 2. Having to upload the clip to YouTube as an unlisted video (which takes ages). 3. Copy the link and submit it in the report “video proof” section.
What Cubecraft should do is make us able to submit media in any of its forms directly from my devices folder. How hard can this simple but extremely efficient tweak be? This would save SO much time in reporting a player leading to a faster punishment. It honestly demotivates me to report players having said all of those steps just to receive an “already punished” tag on my report after spending all of my time on a single report.

Last edited:

Kloska

Forum Veteran
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
The punished users will need a link to the evidence to see why they were banned, which is much easier if you just provide the moderators with a link rather than the moderators having to upload the evidence themselves.

Cube isn't too happy with creating a file-sharing service and storing all the files on their own servers either, which would be required if we want mods to not have to upload evidence to a third-party site themselves. Over time, storage adds up and and will result in an unnecessary cost that they rather would avoid.

llvqs

Feb 25, 2024
UAE
The punished users will need a link to the evidence to see why they were banned, which is much easier if you just provide the moderators with a link rather than the moderators having to upload the evidence themselves.

Cube isn't too happy with creating a file-sharing service and storing all the files on their own servers either, which would be required if we want mods to not have to upload evidence to a third-party site themselves. Over time, storage adds up and and will result in an unnecessary cost that they rather would avoid.
Convincing reason to be honest. However, This way of reporting honestly demotivates me to report hackers. I often let them be and only report if they get on my nerves and irritate me.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Convincing reason to be honest. However, This way of reporting honestly demotivates me to report hackers. I often let them be and only report if they get on my nerves and irritate me.
then become moderator so you can ban them

lorilambthecoolgamer

Novice Member
Oct 28, 2023
Can we talk about the fact that reporting players via the forums is such a long process? It all starts where 1. I have to get a clip of the cheater using said cheats. 2. Having to upload the clip to YouTube as an unlisted video (which takes ages). 3. Copy the link and submit it in the report “video proof” section.
What Cubecraft should do is make us able to submit media in any of its forms directly from my devices folder. How hard can this simple but extremely efficient tweak be? This would save SO much time in reporting a player leading to a faster punishment. It honestly demotivates me to report players having said all of those steps just to receive an “already punished” tag on my report after spending all of my time on a single report.
I don’t agree, sorry, but I have a good reason!
If u didn’t need video proof, people could photoshop images to fake people hacking and it would just pass!
(Ik it kinda doesn’t matter, but imagine ur streaming and some1 photoshops u flying and u get false-banned.)

coolzombiee

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2024
Just use a 3rd party video uploader that is free, and you can clip parts of the video too.
You can also use the in-game /report feature, I used it the other day and the guy was banned within five minutes. Was Speed Bridging and Aura.
Bro that is like a 1 out of a millionth chance that will actually WORK there is never mods watching the reports (usually)

Sardonyq

Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
Pronouns
He/Him
Just use a 3rd party video uploader that is free, and you can clip parts of the video too.

Bro that is like a 1 out of a millionth chance that will actually WORK there is never mods watching the reports (usually)
I mean, I play Java so maybe it's different. I'm not sure how it is on bedrock, assuming you play bedrock based on your signature.

Reactions: coolzombiee

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada

I always wondered why this sort of system was never a thing. Thanks for explaining! :D

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Understandable, but there is just no better way to do this that isn't either expensive or very inconvenient for various other reasons.

Also if that demotivates you from reporting hackers, just wait until you try to report crossteamers, trolls or campers. Imagine going through all that effort just to know that the person you reported is not gonna suffer any real consequences even if the report gets accepted.

As much as I agree that there is probably no better way to do this for now, the way of doing it now also leads to many people not wanting to go through it. Personally, the only reason I even bother is because I am petty as hell, not because I feel like it will actually help the server.

For reasons unrelated to this I know that it does not help at all.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him

To add to this: file sharing could also open a gateway for hackers (internet hackers, not ingame hackers) to seriously harm the server, with the security measures necessary to prevent that also generating additional costs.

A small issue I have though: the users banned could be given access to the evidence the same way mods have it, or through a system of download links directly to those servers those files are stored on. But I see where you are coming from by saying that it would be inconvenient for the mods.

coolzombiee

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2024
I mean, I play Java so maybe it's different. I'm not sure how it is on bedrock, assuming you play bedrock based on your signature.
I only play bedrock, yes. Also I had to use some video uplaoder/ link creator to be able to send video evidence (I know java has different reporting systems)

llvqs

Feb 25, 2024
UAE
I never said we don’t need video proof..
I don’t agree, sorry, but I have a good reason!
If u didn’t need video proof, people could photoshop images to fake people hacking and it would just pass!
(Ik it kinda doesn’t matter, but imagine ur streaming and some1 photoshops u flying and u get false-banned.)

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Aratic's profile.
happy birthday!
Kazwa wrote on Samixly's profile.
happy birthday!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Aratic's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
UncleSpect wrote on Aratic's profile.
Happy birthday Orange!
Lxk5z wrote on Aratic's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎁🎊