Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What features would you like implemented?

• Team death match

• Grouped duels

• Custom duel maps

• Achievements

• Jollow's extra kit settings

• None of the above. (Explain why, and we'll try to convince you)

Results are only viewable after voting.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Team death match
So, what IS team death match? Team deathmatch is a gamemode, where there's two different teams, fighting until the last team stands.

The way I'd see them be implemented, is having gameboards with signs to start a game. Everyone can vote on which kit they play, and special TDM maps are made for this gamemode.
The maps are randomly picked, by way of the signs (games) generating with a set map. Once you join, you will be able to pick your team with the usual team select item. This means that players wouldn't have trouble dealing with any "new" features! The way you're able to join teams however, works in a similar way to Tower Defence. You can only join the team of there's a slot available. These slots will slowly increase on each team, as people start joining the pre-game lobby.
Once the game starts, players will all be spawned on one end of the map with their own team. They may spawn a block apart, different positions in the map, all inside the same space, etc. It doesn't matter too much, as long as there's no field advantage.
When a team wins, the entire team gets rewards for it. The following rewards are given out:
Everyone gets: +20 points & +50 xp + a chance for a Cubelet.
The one's still alive: +15 bonus points, +10 bonus XP
There's also rewards for the top killers of the game, which will be given out to any of the teams regardless of who died or not.
Example: Blue won, red lost.
Top killers: #1 Red-a #2 Red-b #3 Blue-a
Despite the red players dying, Playert Red-a would get an additional 15 points; Player Red-b would get 10 points; Player Blue-a would get 5 points.
Cool idea, but it does seem quite similar to group duels. I've got some questions though, players don't respawn right? And if everyone from one team dies the other team wins? Also what gear are these TDMs provided with? If players can select their own kit how would this work in a TDM? Will players vote for a kit and the kit with most votes wins? Also do you think it would be popular enough? Like it requires quite a lot of people to have a proper game and if it just doesn't get popular it's kind of a waste?
Custom duel maps
The caption pretty much says it all. These maps could be made in freebuild, and it needs to be verified in order for it to be usable in a game. This cannot be used in grouped duels though.
There are a few prerequisites for it to be allowed:
-No inappropriate builds
-No terrain advantage on one side
-No use of TOO much lava / parkour, making it a running game
This feature is only available to Lapiz+
Such a cool idea, we could let players build their maps and staff members could verify them and then everyone would be able to play the maps created by the players? :D

Reactions: Marieke2001

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't see this as an issue if the teams randomly spawn on any side...
Hmm...
This cannot be used in grouped duels though.
It is for individual custom duels which thus makes Favouring a side much more unfair because there is a lower chance that all players would be killed by whatever nonsense side favouring ideas someone might have
it is easier to get 1 player than 2

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Cool idea, but it does seem quite similar to group duels. I've got some questions though, players don't respawn right? And if everyone from one team dies the other team wins? Also what gear are these TDMs provided with? If players can select their own kit how would this work in a TDM? Will players vote for a kit and the kit with most votes wins? Also do you think it would be popular enough? Like it requires quite a lot of people to have a proper game and if it just doesn't get popular it's kind of a waste?
2 teams, you can choose the team & the kit is voted on through a voting paper. Everyone can vote & most votes win, resulting in everyone having the same kit.
The 2 teams fight to the death, no respawning. Whichever team stands last, wins.
The maps for this gamemode are custom made, so they aren't maps from the 1v1 duels.
I can't possible know whether this will be a strong, living gamemode for a long period of time or not, as there's no way to predict it.
If you think that it won't be too popular, you guys may simply tone down the maximum amount of people per game of TDM down to something like a 6v6 or something.
This gamemode does track statistics, and has rewards for winning + a "unique" top killer reward for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Grouped duels are basically the duel requesting system for TDM, meaning that stats aren't tracked. In these games you can fight up to a 5v5, with parties being the method of team choice. The maps used for a grouped duels are the same as the ones used in the regular 1v1's, as the average map is a good size for it. There's no rewards other than "gg"/"wp" for experience.

Or in short:
TDM
-Own maps specially made
-There's a pre-game lobby where you pick a team (max team slots go up as more players join, to prevent it starting with a 6v1)
-Stats are tracked for a leaderboard
-You get rewards for winning + having top killer rewards
- Votable kits (everyone can vote)
-Cannot use custom kits
-Maps are decided by the sign when an open game is generated

Grouped duels
Basically the duel requests for TDM
-Same maps as 1v1 duels
-Kits are chosen by the ones that queued their party into a duel
-Parties are the teams
-No rewards other than experience for "gg" or "wp"
-No stats are tracked
-Can use custom kits

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I think the numbers of players on team pvp should depend on the map like eggwars
I'm not a fan of it, since it'd cause favoritism of maps, resulting in some being neglected all of the time. This would make the build a waste of time for the builders.
I think that it should all be the same amount of players, so that everyone can play any map without caring about one having more players, and one having less players.

Lllamacorn

May 30, 2017
Everywhere
p
I'm not a fan of it, since it'd cause favoritism of maps, resulting in some being neglected all of the time. This would make the build a waste of time for the builders.
I think that it should all be the same amount of players, so that everyone can play any map without caring about one having more players, and one having less players.
if you haven't noticed people favorite maps on eggwars all the time

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
p

Yeah pretty sure he completely realised that
Also there are still different opinions and some people liked certain maps specifically
But Gainfull doesn't think of this as good for PvP
Correct me Gainfull if I made any mistakes but I am pretty sure that is his point
This is a really nice Suggestion, I would love group duels and also implementing players maps would be an awesome idea and could maybe give more atenttion to Freebuild :)
Well done, really like the thread :>
+1
#ScrewFreebuild

Last edited:

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
This is a really nice Suggestion, I would love group duels and also implementing players maps would be an awesome idea and could maybe give more atenttion to Freebuild :)
Well done, really like the thread :>
+1

Reactions: Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
p

What I was trying to say, is that having maps with different amount of players per team can mean that players will choose to fit one map over another map. This would leave the remaining maps leftover as scraps that nobody wants, due to the small/large teams.
Having them all with the exact same player cap, would mean that they only have to make a choice off of the looks of the map, over the amount of players that can join.
In other words:
If all of the maps can support the same amount of people, that would mean that players only have to choose for the map & not the player count.

Reactions: Injunction
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
Happy Birthday Gemmie!! 🥳🧁
Achieved level 85 on Bedrock today while scoring a pit in Bridges 5v5. Woohoo! 🎊
IMG_6444.png
Reesle wrote on bleedn's profile.
Hello! 👋
IMG_6431.png

Cool skin btw!
Reesle wrote on Jedidiahh's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🧁🐕
News: Halloween Event 2024 has got an update on the Notion Board!
Changes: Ender is the Halloween Game (coming to both Java and Bedrock) and halloween lobby quests are also coming!
1726859519935.png
Top Bottom