Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
Recently, new weekly shops were added to the CubeCraft server.

1718716821833.png

Credit: @Reesle

If you don't already know how they work, basically four bundles / loot items are featured under the WEEKLY SHOP sign and can be purchased at any time that week. Every week, the items refresh and new ones are featured.

The downside to this is that NO other cosmetics are available except for the four that are featured. Previously, this was not the case - players could get any bundle; single loot-item; content pack; or rank they wanted at any time, but now you can only get ranks and the four featured items in the weekly shop.

While I like the idea of featuring a few specific items every week, I don't think it should be done this way. My suggestion is instead of weekly shops, there are weekly sales. All CubeCraft loot is added back to the server to be purchased at any time, but four items every week are at a discounted price. This still allows for some new / unpopular items to be featured, but doesn't get rid of all the other CubeCraft content. This would also be more beneficial for the CubeCraft team because players would have all the variety of content to choose from as well as a temptation to buy things from the weekly sales - meaning more purchases.

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
Recently, new weekly shops were added to the CubeCraft server.

View attachment 231180
Credit: @Reesle

If you don't already know how they work, basically four bundles / loot items are featured under the WEEKLY SHOP sign and can be purchased at any time that week. Every week, the items refresh and new ones are featured.

The downside to this is that NO other cosmetics are available except for the four that are featured. Previously, this was not the case - players could get any bundle; single loot-item; content pack; or rank they wanted at any time, but now you can only get ranks and the four featured items in the weekly shop.

While I like the idea of featuring a few specific items every week, I don't think it should be done this way. My suggestion is instead of weekly shops, there are weekly sales. All CubeCraft loot is added back to the server to be purchased at any time, but four items every week are at a discounted price. This still allows for some new / unpopular items to be featured, but doesn't get rid of all the other CubeCraft content. This would also be more beneficial for the CubeCraft team because players would have all the variety of content to choose from as well as a temptation to buy things from the weekly sales - meaning more purchases.
Yes, weekly shop is nice, but it needs to be able to purchase the other stuff too.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually don't mind the concept of the current weekly shop. Players will be more enticed to buy the currently featured cosmetics because "if it disappears I'll have to wait a long time until I can buy X item that I like". This will force them to make the difficult decision to buy and enjoy or leave it be and potentially not be able to get it again. It's a good marketing strategy; it screams limited edition and that attracts buyers. The temptation to buy the featured bundles/items will be way higher than when everything is available at any time.

Having priced off items would be great and all for the consumers, but note that every cosmetic that is sold under the CubeCraft brand is made by a designer, and that designer has to be paid. The leftover money is used to invest in every other employee as well as the server itself. They can't afford pricing off several items every week on top of seasonal sales.

Additionally, I would like to argue that it doesn't really matter what bundles are or aren't available at a certain time. The bundles that are featured are solely cosmetic - They have no impact on gameplay. Ranks are always available, and I would assume that's the main source of their Marketplace share. To top it off, it's ultimately up to Ziax themselves how they handle marketing. Whether this strategy will work or not, they'll learn over time. For now, it's just to wait and see.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

xHappyMood wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
me when i react to a 2 year old post:
1719424788212.png
i thought having many moders will make me never miss out on new things and i like what u all post
yw for the follows thanks to u too
iTz1Hamood wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Hiiiii Kaedee how you doing ^-^
iTz1Hamood wrote on Thjis's profile.
Eyyy Thjis ^-^
Top Bottom