Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jul 19, 2022
If cubecraft wants to revive eggwars there are a few things that I believe are a must need. (I’m gonna talk about op mode because it’s the best mode by far). They NEED to revert back to the sword and armour enchants and get rid of the armour they have now. Fights are wayyy too quick and it makes every fight super unbalanced. Obsidian needs to be easily obtained again for sure. Get rid of perks and a whole lot of other things but keep in shop discounts and getting emeralds by killing or breaking eggs. These are the main things that concern me I would say but if there is more they need to get rid of/ add please add in the comments.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
If cubecraft wants to revive eggwars there are a few things that I believe are a must need.
Revive implies the gamemode being dead or dying. Now it may not be as popular as it used to be a year ago, but it is still the second most popular gamemode (bedwars being first, at least at the point of me writing this). And eggwars still has approximately a 10th of the entire server player it as the same time.

(I’m gonna talk about op mode because it’s the best mode by far)
That's just your personal preference, but okay.

They NEED to revert back to the sword and armour enchants and get rid of the armour they have now. Fights are wayyy too quick and it makes every fight super unbalanced.
out of all things cubecraft needs to do, this is not one of them. Quick fights, you say? Do we even play the same gamemode? The only quick fights are ones fought between players with strong swords against players with iron armor. Diamond and netherite armor players still take ages to kill. And unbalanced fights is debatable. I do think prot III diamond being the tier instantly after iron armor is unbalanced, but beyond that if the fights are against diamond or netherite players then they're mostly balanced.

Obsidian needs to be easily obtained again for sure.
Okay, now I am seriously questioning if we even play the same gamemode. Firstly, it is easy to obtain. Do you know how many diamonds you can get in overpowered mode? And regardless which gamemode you play, you always have ancient debris, much easier to obtain then obsidian while being almost as strong.

Get rid of perks
Why?

keep in shop discounts and getting emeralds by killing or breaking eggs.
That's at least one thing we can agree on.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Average game on Team Eggwars Java lasts between 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes against certain players, so I would not say that the games are too fast. They are fast only if there are not good opponents.

Mr Jii Gamer

Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
If they do that this will make the game to long bc whene to be easily get the obsidian and protect the egg and the other player have an iron pickaxe this will take a long time the break it

With this the game will be so hard especially whene you play with the noob one
( This my opinion in this suggestion)

Reactions: BicolourSine41

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I'll respond to each point one by one:
They NEED to revert back to the sword and armour enchants.
Disagreed. I'm not a fan of that formula, the game is simpler now.
Get rid of the armour they have now. Fights are wayyy too quick and it makes every fight super unbalanced.
I agree that the armor balancing is terrible as it makes fights last way too long especially after they get diamond armor. Luckily, they are planning to rebalance armor with the EggWars update.
I made a suggestion recently going over the shop changes I'd like to see in the EggWars update, and yes obsidian costing gold is in that suggestion, removing debris from the game.
Get rid of perks
I like the idea of perks, it gives us a reason to go to the center and I find this better than the enchanting system they added in season 2.
Keep in shop discounts and getting emeralds by killing or breaking eggs.
They aren't going anywhere, they were kept in the game after December 2023 and February 2024 updates released.

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
If cubecraft wants to revive eggwars there are a few things that I believe are a must need. (I’m gonna talk about op mode because it’s the best mode by far). They NEED to revert back to the sword and armour enchants and get rid of the armour they have now. Fights are wayyy too quick and it makes every fight super unbalanced. Obsidian needs to be easily obtained again for sure. Get rid of perks and a whole lot of other things but keep in shop discounts and getting emeralds by killing or breaking eggs. These are the main things that concern me I would say but if there is more they need to get rid of/ add please add in the comments.
They could get rid of everything. I want old eggwars

May 20, 2023
Only thing eggwars needs(imo)
Armour balancing
Better pickaxe tiering
New Maps(obviously)
Better tnt and fireball mechanics

Mappoe

Apr 8, 2023
Asia
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
i think as of now eggwars is not as active as it was a few months back due to the absence of asia servers. since there has been damage to the undersea cables in asia, many games have lesser asia servers. eggwars was affected the worst i think, since i cant find any asia games.

Jul 19, 2022
I would also be so happy with that as well

Terrible Idea. "Old Eggwars" was what created a need for a "new eggwars" to be created in the first place.
And “new eggwars” doesn’t have anyone playing the game. When I played a year ago every game would fill up in an instant. Now sometimes the game doesn’t even fill up and starts with like 4 people.

Revive implies the gamemode being dead or dying. Now it may not be as popular as it used to be a year ago, but it is still the second most popular gamemode (bedwars being first, at least at the point of me writing this). And eggwars still has approximately a 10th of the entire server player it as the same time.

That's just your personal preference, but okay.

out of all things cubecraft needs to do, this is not one of them. Quick fights, you say? Do we even play the same gamemode? The only quick fights are ones fought between players with strong swords against players with iron armor. Diamond and netherite armor players still take ages to kill. And unbalanced fights is debatable. I do think prot III diamond being the tier instantly after iron armor is unbalanced, but beyond that if the fights are against diamond or netherite players then they're mostly balanced.

Okay, now I am seriously questioning if we even play the same gamemode. Firstly, it is easy to obtain. Do you know how many diamonds you can get in overpowered mode? And regardless which gamemode you play, you always have ancient debris, much easier to obtain then obsidian while being almost as strong.

Why?

That's at least one thing we can agree on
Ok so obviously you* like new eggwars better but when I played a year ago everyone was playing the game. Now it’s nobody, and yes the game is dead/dying. When I got on a few weeks back I tried to join a game and it started with like 5 people(this never happened a year ago.) also obby used to be 15 gold on op mode and there was no need for ancient debris plus pickaxes would be gone after death which made the game wayyyy more strategic. Also the fights are just not good man, if you had leather armour vs someone with iron in old eggwars there’s still a chance of a win because you don’t die as easy and have more protection. Now It’s just not even fair. Also diamonds shouldn’t be so easy to get. The currency balancing was way better as well. Did you play old eggwars by any chance?

I'll respond to each point one by one:

Disagreed. I'm not a fan of that formula, the game is simpler now.

I agree that the armor balancing is terrible as it makes fights last way too long especially after they get diamond armor. Luckily, they are planning to rebalance armor with the EggWars update.

I made a suggestion recently going over the shop changes I'd like to see in the EggWars update, and yes obsidian costing gold is in that suggestion, removing debris from the game.

I like the idea of perks, it gives us a reason to go to the center and I find this better than the enchanting system they added in season 2.

They aren't going anywhere, they were kept in the game after December 2023 and February 2024 updates released.
The simplicity makes it easier for noobs in my opinion and got rid of all the people that actually enjoyed the game and played it often. But yeah perks being in the game still may make it better I’m not sure but that’s definitely a pretty minor concern. They changed how the game is played completely which is what made it bad. If they revert the fighting styles back to old eggwars it would be so much better.

Ok so obviously you* like new eggwars better but when I played a year ago everyone was playing the game. Now it’s nobody, and yes the game is dead/dying. When I got on a few weeks back I tried to join a game and it started with like 5 people(this never happened a year ago.) also obby used to be 15 gold on op mode and there was no need for ancient debris plus pickaxes would be gone after death which made the game wayyyy more strategic. Also the fights are just not good man, if you had leather armour vs someone with iron in old eggwars there’s still a chance of a win because you don’t die as easy and have more protection. Now It’s just not even fair. Also diamonds shouldn’t be so easy to get. The currency balancing was way better as well. Did you play old eggwars by any chance?

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
And “new eggwars” doesn’t have anyone playing the game. When I played a year ago every game would fill up in an instant. Now sometimes the game doesn’t even fill up and starts with like 4 people.
That's just incorrect, unless you are talking about java only.

On bedrock, even when the server is at its daily lowest activity, you still have more than 1000 players on eggwars, with it being the second most popular, only beaten in player count by bedwars, which was to be expected given how bedwars is basically eggwars but on easy mode.

And depending on how many people get online that number can grow up to be between 2 and 4 times as much throughout the day.

"New eggwars" very much has players, way more than old eggwars had in the months leading up to new eggwars and at its peak had more players than old eggwars could have dreamed of.

The only difference between now and a year ago is that its been a while since season 2 ("new eggwars") got introduced, so of course the massive popularity boost it initially gave eggwars wore off over time, the only way to have prevented that would be regular massive updates along the lines of "a new season every 3/4 months".

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
That right there is the only correct and mature answer.

Terrible Idea. "Old Eggwars" was what created a need for a "new eggwars" to be created in the first place.
It’s understandable that people have different opinions and I’m gonna point out that we are not gonna get the same player count as the record we broke in the pandemic even if they add “Old Eggwars” but it still makes sense since no one asked for a huge change in Eggwars nor have they listened to the community’s opinions which has as you can see have drastically changed the player count and has a huge affect on the server.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
we are not gonna get the same player count as the record we broke in the pandemic even if they add “Old Eggwars”
Are you referring to the servers total player count or just eggwars?

We may never reach the server record, but for eggwars the record was already beaten, not too long after the addition of "new eggwars".

no one asked for a huge change in Eggwars
Define "no one" in this context.

nor have they listened to the community’s opinions
Which part of the community exactly? The only part of the community that was actively ignored was the minority made up of sweats and tryhards, mostly because the majority of the others are not that vocal and "active" to begin with.

which has as you can see have drastically changed the player count and has a huge affect on the server.
I've said it before in another reply this thread, I am fairly certain I often said it in various others, and you are making me say it again: that's incorrect

The player counts after "new eggwars" (season 2) was added are proof that it was a good change, one that players wanted.

I can recall plenty of numbers from that time:
shortly after the update, even during "low activity" hours, you had several thousand players on eggwars

At peak times, with 15-18k players online, almost half (sometimes actually even more than half) of them were on eggwars at any given time, with eggwars alone, as a gamemode, almost cracking the 10k mark many times.

What causes the player numbers on eggwars to be "low" right now is a mix of factors:
1. Hives bedwars update, leading to plenty of players playing that instead

2. Cubecrafts bedwars update, which lead to a massive chunk of players switching gamemodes. This one is even further backed up by the fact that bedwars, despite being an unfinished beta-gamemode, manages to be the servers most popular gamemode

3. A lack of regular big updates for a long time. This one is actually the true reason behind reason 1 even making sense. Players didn't leave for hive because its better, they did because its different from eggwars and just so happened to have a big update

4. The changes made in more recent eggwars updates (season 3) being slightly more similar to old eggwars, you know, making farming quick and early kills being made easier by, for example, changing the price of concrete to be very low.

5. The fact that the "novelty" of seasons 2 and 3 simply wore off by this point

Also: eggwars is still the 2nd most popular after bedwars, so its not even as bad as everyone makes it seem

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Define "no one" in this context.
If Cubecraft had listened to the 40k+ people that play then trust me this server would be nothing but chaos. We are the no one ever since Cubecraft has been ignoring most of our suggestions and doing what they please.
The player counts after "new eggwars" (season 2) was added are proof that it was a good change, one that players wanted.

I can recall plenty of numbers from that time:
shortly after the update, even during "low activity" hours, you had several thousand players on eggwars

At peak times, with 15-18k players online, almost half (sometimes actually even more than half) of them were on eggwars at any given time, with eggwars alone, as a gamemode, almost cracking the 10k mark many times.

What’s the point if most of the people that play Cubecraft on a regular quit and the server gets filled up by kids (nons) who play once or twice and are a pain to deal with? Cubecraft used to main 20-30k on a daily and ever since the update (not only New Eggwars) it has decreased down to 15k-ish.

Look. I stand with the phrase “sometimes change is good” but if things don’t work out it’s okay to revert back to its original state and rethink the problems and go on from there.

Reactions: BicolourSine41
Jul 19, 2022
That's just incorrect, unless you are talking about java only.

On bedrock, even when the server is at its daily lowest activity, you still have more than 1000 players on eggwars, with it being the second most popular, only beaten in player count by bedwars, which was to be expected given how bedwars is basically eggwars but on easy mode.

And depending on how many people get online that number can grow up to be between 2 and 4 times as much throughout the day.

"New eggwars" very much has players, way more than old eggwars had in the months leading up to new eggwars and at its peak had more players than old eggwars could have dreamed of.

The only difference between now and a year ago is that its been a while since season 2 ("new eggwars") got introduced, so of course the massive popularity boost it initially gave eggwars wore off over time, the only way to have prevented that would be regular massive updates along the lines of "a new season every 3/4 months".
Sorry man that’s just not true it has lost so many players since the update including myself and a lot of people that I knew that played the game religiously. I don’t believe you played the game like 2 years ago when it was at its prime. I am talking about bedrock btw.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry man that’s just not true
Not true?

I have proven it in the past in various threads with player numbers, and until you can disprove you have no valid reason to claim it ain't true.

Eggwars massively gained popularity after season 2 was introduced. And even rn, its not that bad as the gamemode is still cubes second most popular minigame, with bedwars being no.1

It may have lost some players, but the ones it gained instead outweigh that loss massively.

As for when I played the game: I am on bedrock almost since its release. At this point I have around 1900 hrs on bedrock edition on PC alone.

I have played cube all throughout that time, admittedly I was not very active for most of that time until ~2 years ago because before that mineplex was my "main", but I still was around for longer than most and I still played on cubecraft.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
What’s the point if most of the people that play Cubecraft on a regular quit and the server gets filled up by kids (nons) who play once or twice and are a pain to deal with?
1. Each "non" that enters the server on a random is a potential new player who might stick around if he likes it. The "regulars" quitting makes that more likely to happen, as it lowers the skill-ceiling and makes it more enjoyable for them. And just about everyone else for that matter.

Only sweats and tryhards enjoy quick, short, high-skill games where they try to win and kill everyone as fast as possible.

Some people just come here to have fun, not farm wins, and they'd prefer not to be part of someone elses win farm while they are at it.

And if the "nons", as you call them, stick around and like it here they may even spend money some day.

As for the "regulars"? They've either already spent money OR are not gonna become willing to do so any time soon, so no point in keeping them around, especially if they make it harder to gain new players willing to spend money.

2. Because the "regulars", especially the ones who quit eggwars, were sweats and tryhards who did nothing but ruin the experience for all potential new players, stagnating and preventing growth by scaring them away, all while you can't do anything about them directly because they abide by the rules while they do so.

Notice how most of the changes made in season 2 were supposed to make the game more friendly to worse players?

Needless to say it worked and it attracted plenty of new players while scaring away those that prevented them from staying around.

3. The nons are a pain to deal with? How so?

4. You are on bedrock, this game is mostly inhabited by kids. This game is primarily played by mobile and console players who are gonna mostly be kids. In other words: kids being around is the whole point of this.

To sum up, ignoring your "regulars" makes sense from a business standpoint and in order to make the game more enjoyable for most players.

I will say this: if those "regulars" had not become so sweaty, eggwars season 2 could have been prevented altogether as there'd be no need for the various changed it brought.

Cubecraft used to main 20-30k on a daily and ever since the update (not only New Eggwars) it has decreased down to 15k-ish.
Yes, but that has nothing to do with eggwars updates. More so with the fact that, every year, all minecraft servers, on both platforms, have less and less players. The best thing cubecraft can do is try to get a bigger share of the currently "existing" and currently falling player pool by gaining players from other servers.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

xHappyMood wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
me when i react to a 2 year old post:
1719424788212.png
i thought having many moders will make me never miss out on new things and i like what u all post
yw for the follows thanks to u too
iTz1Hamood wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Hiiiii Kaedee how you doing ^-^
iTz1Hamood wrote on Thjis's profile.
Eyyy Thjis ^-^
Top Bottom