Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
so you may be wondering why this is needed. the main reason this is needed is it solves 3 big problems.

If you are worse because of your ping then you'll be ranked with players closer to your skill level

Skill gap, if your just not as good as other people then it matches you with worse players

Mobile, Console, PC debate, you know the one PC players and mobile players should be separated. well this does the same thing but without separating them

i think this should be a back end thing. what i mean by that is you shouldn't be able to see your rank. i think that will just frustrate the community and lead to a big hacking problem. i also think it should work like this

if you win x games in x amount of time then move x amount of levels

Reactions: juliusvdl
D

Deleted member 469419

Let me start by saying that this has been suggested like 5-6 times by different persons... so this mean that this makes unnecessary to make another thread of this same content. You could have revived a thread by saying this same since as you may know you can do it if you have something important to say.

About your suggestion:

If you are worse because of your ping then you'll be ranked with players closer to your skill level
Actually the ping doesn't affect at all to have nice skills and is not even related with the level. Someone can have a bad pin and be a literally a god playing skywars. And if you originally wanted to say about connect all people with the same ping and that, then, it would be complicated.

Mobile, Console, PC debate, you know the one PC players and mobile players should be separated. well this does the same thing but without separating them

As far I know, this would be complicated since you cannot detect the device you're playing from. Also, if it would be possible I'd personally don't like to see this added on the game, since bedrock would be more separated and wouldn't exist that game variaty.

So, have to disagree with this idea.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Let me start by saying that this has been suggested like 5-6 times by different persons... so this mean that this makes unnecessary to make another thread of this same content. You could have revived a thread by saying this same since as you may know you can do it if you have something important to say.
necroposting
Actually the ping doesn't affect at all to have nice skills and is not even related with the level. Someone can have a bad pin and be a literally a god playing skywars. And if you originally wanted to say about connect all people with the same ping and that, then, it would be complicated.
I’m saying people with really bad lag would benefit from this. And ping is a big problem for Java players
far I know, this would be complicated since you cannot detect the device you're playing from. Also, if it would be possible I'd personally don't like to see this added on the game, since bedrock would be more separated and wouldn't exist that game variaty.
I don’t want to separate mobile players I’m saying this would be a good alternative

Reactions: xHappyMood
D

Deleted member 469419

necroposting
This rule can be sometimes canceled since you can make 'bump' posts.
  • No more than 2 bump posts in a topic. A "bump post" is one that has no content and only serves to bring the topic up to the top of a category.
Even though that's what literally says the rule, the bump post can also be used to bring an inactive thread up if you have something relevant to say. So this mean, in this case is unneccesary to create another thread. The problem of this from my personal point of view; is that this is totally discussed in the other threads.

I’m saying people with really bad lag would benefit from this. And ping is a big problem for Java players
I'll repeat the same; I think it's not currently possible to match players based on the lag, and in that case, it would be totally absurd since players can vary their connection in a few minutes and would be changing of match constantly (if you're meaning that ofc).

I don’t want to separate mobile players I’m saying this would be a good alternative
Well, you're suggesting it anyway, so I commented. Still arguing the same; this would make a detached community, and also that variaty that you can see now in games, would totally go away.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
This rule can be sometimes canceled since you can make 'bump' posts.
  • No more than 2 bump posts in a topic. A "bump post" is one that has no content and only serves to bring the topic up to the top of a category.
Re read the rules bumps can’t be made on threads that have been inactive for more then 3 weeks
I'll repeat the same; I think it's not currently possible to match players based on the lag, and in that case, it would be totally absurd since players can vary their connection in a few minutes and would be changing of match constantly (if you're meaning that ofc).
I never wanted to rank people based on lag. I said if people are doing worse because of lags spikes the would naturally be ranked lower.
Well, you're suggesting it anyway, so I commented. Still arguing the same; this would make a detached community, and also that variaty that you can see now in games, would totally go away.
I don’t want to separate mobile players in saying bad mobile players would be ranked with other bad mobile players your... I agree with everything your saying your point are to not to do something I NEVER SAID TO DO

D

Deleted member 469419

Re read the rules bumps can’t be made on threads that have been inactive for more then 3 weeks
Just put into my previous post to make you an idea. It's not exactly 'bump' posts. However, you can post something in a thread 3 weeks old, if you do think that is something quite relevant to add. This mean, the necropost rule can be canceled.

I've seen people exceeding the limits because adding something quite relevant.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Just put into my previous post to make you an idea. It's not exactly 'bump' posts. However, you can post something in a thread 3 weeks old, if you do think that is something quite relevant to add. This mean, the necropost rule can be canceled.

Ok I’ll try it if it gets locked then -_-

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher

well it got locked and i got banned for two days so i guess there are no exceptions
1607830712705.png

don't want to show the mods name.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Couple things, first there's already a lot of toxicity among higher skilled players, making matchmaking rank based would just fuel that fire. Mainly though, the playerbase of the server isn't big enough, especially on Java. Players that are very high ranked would never be able to fill games.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Couple things, first there's already a lot of toxicity among higher skilled players, making matchmaking rank based would just fuel that fire. Mainly though, the playerbase of the server isn't big enough, especially on Java. Players that are very high ranked would never be able to fill games.
that why i said ranked modes would not be viewable and it would match to player closest to your skill level not only at your skill level. hope that clears some things up!

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
that why i said ranked modes would not be viewable and it would match to player closest to your skill level not only at your skill level. hope that clears some things up!
In that case either A: It won't really make a difference or B: It'll make too big of a difference and lobbies won't fill. The size of the server just doesn't really fit skill based matchmaking, not to mention other problems like development and map selection.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
In that case either A: It won't really make a difference or B: It'll make too big of a difference and lobbies won't fill. The size of the server just doesn't really fit skill based matchmaking, not to mention other problems like development and map selection.
like i said you would rank to the nearest levels playing and that will make a very big difference for control and mobile players. development seems easy enough in my opinion cube-craft already tracks stats so they already have the data. also this could be toggle able but would still really help mobile and console players. im also not sure what you mean about map selection

D

Deleted member 491790

I have to disagree. High ping doesn't necessarily mean low skill, there are some legends with low ping. Also player count will be a problem; let's take skywars as an example. Right now it does fine, games fill up quite quickly and it's easy to get into a game. However, were this suggestion to be implemented, it would make games fill up a lot slower as players of different skill levels join, especially if you are top tier as there are few people who are that good. So I will have to disagree. -1

Reactions: Deann

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
im also not sure what you mean about map selection
Say you have two players of very different skill level, so they'd be matched differently under your system. What if they both have ranks and want to join the same map? Does map choice override matchmaking? Little problems like that would pop up all over the place. And again I disagree, if you had to be matched with players near your level, games would take much longer to fill up, like @MeliodasWrath said.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
No man, but not by that way...

When you revive a thread, you have to add something quite relevant to thread, like suggesting something new to the main idea. And explain that you're aware you're necro-posting and you know the rules.

Just try to talk to the mod did it.
did you not read what the mod said? there is no reviving threads at all

D

Deleted member 469419

did you not read what the mod said? there is no reviving threads at all
You're completely right. I'm so sorry. I confused it with a rule-modify that used to be in the past, in which you could comment into a necro-thread if you had something relevant/important to add. But, unfortunately that rule-modify just faded.

Apologies once again :/

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Say you have two players of very different skill level, so they'd be matched differently under your system. What if they both have ranks and want to join the same map? Does map choice override matchmaking? Little problems like that would pop up all over the place. And again I disagree, if you had to be matched with players near your level, games would take much longer to fill up, like @MeliodasWrath said.
well i know you can't vote for maps on bedrock edition, but i don't see why this is a problem. the ranking. ill try to re explains how it works with map selection.

1. you choose the game
2. the server checks for available games
3. runs some code that looks for the game that has the players closest to your rank
4. if there are no game withing X amount of range then it starts a new game
5. if no run joins the range gets larger to let higher and lower ranks in

Members Online

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on Thjis's profile.
pro
Eli
Remember, don't judge people by their worst moments, judge them by their best!
This new podium in the beta games lobby looks interesting...
It may be that the old Java lobby leaderboards are coming back? 👀

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-27 164108.png
!notcitingdow wrote on valentinoboo's profile.
Welcome to the Cubecraft forums!!!!
Deepslate3D wrote on TheMrRevZ's profile.
what's ur favorite bisector in the alphabet? mine is 14
Top Bottom