Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

HoppyFrog

Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
I think that polls would be a great addition to CubeCraft. In this thread, I will go more in-depth on what this could look like.

To start off, I'd like to mention the community talks channel on the CubeCraft official Discord server. I'm very grateful for this, but it doesn't get much attention. This fact is the reason for my suggestion, which is to host polls inside the CubeCraft Minecraft server. This would greatly increase the amount of attention that CubeCraft receives on the polls and therefore CubeCraft will have more accurate data. It would also reach a more diverse group of players. What I mean by this is that it will not just be seen by the players who join the CubeCraft Discord server (who tend to be more competitive or at least more involved), but will also be seen by everybody else in the actual Minecraft server.

On Bedrock, this could either be a section in the social menu or a whole new item. Upon interaction, a menu would open up displaying all the active polls. All players would be able to interact with the poll options and cast their vote. I'm not sure how it would work on Java, as I do not play on Java, but if you have an idea then please share it! Whenever there is a new poll, a notification can appear in chat when players join. It could look something like: "There is a new poll ongoing! Go vote now!". The data from these polls will be accurate. CubeCraft will receive more votes, and votes from all types of players - casual and competitive.

It's important to note that these polls don't have to happen at scheduled times, meaning that instead of them happening every week / month, they can happen when CubeCraft needs to make a decision that they want the whole community's feedback on - however often or unoften that may be.

coolzombiee

Jun 20, 2024
I think that polls would be a great addition to CubeCraft. In this thread, I will go more in-depth on what this could look like.

To start off, I'd like to mention the community talks channel on the CubeCraft official Discord server. I'm very grateful for this, but it doesn't get much attention. This fact is the reason for my suggestion, which is to host polls inside the CubeCraft Minecraft server. This would greatly increase the amount of attention that CubeCraft receives on the polls and therefore CubeCraft will have more accurate data. It would also reach a more diverse group of players. What I mean by this is that it will not just be seen by the players who join the CubeCraft Discord server (who tend to be more competitive or at least more involved), but will also be seen by everybody else in the actual Minecraft server.

On Bedrock, this could either be a section in the social menu or a whole new item. Upon interaction, a menu would open up displaying all the active polls. All players would be able to interact with the poll options and cast their vote. I'm not sure how it would work on Java, as I do not play on Java, but if you have an idea then please share it! Whenever there is a new poll, a notification can appear in chat when players join. It could look something like: "There is a new poll ongoing! Go vote now!". The data from these polls will be accurate. CubeCraft will receive more votes, and votes from all types of players - casual and competitive.

It's important to note that these polls don't have to happen at scheduled times, meaning that instead of them happening every week / month, they can happen when CubeCraft needs to make a decision that they want the whole community's feedback on - however often or unoften that may be.
There is already a thread about it, but still great idea

llvqs

Feb 25, 2024
uae

To start, I'd like to mention the community talks channel on the CubeCraft official Discord server. I'm very grateful for this, but it doesn't get much attention. This fact is the reason for my suggestion, which is to host polls inside the CubeCraft Minecraft server. This would greatly increase the amount of attention that CubeCraft receives on the polls and therefore CubeCraft will have more accurate data. It would also reach a more diverse group of players. What I mean by this is that it will not just be seen by the players who join the CubeCraft Discord server (who tend to be more competitive or at least more involved), but will also be seen by everybody else in the actual Minecraft server.

I agree that the discussions in the Discord community don't receive a lot of attention. However, I don't see this being implemented in the Minecraft server itself. This is primarily because dedicated players, as well as those who join occasionally, are usually on the Discord server. They’re aware of the other platforms and understand CubeCraft's goals. Secondly, I believe this will be a bit complex to implement for something like this.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
This is primarily because dedicated players, as well as those who join occasionally, are usually on the Discord server. They’re aware of the other platforms and understand CubeCraft's goals.
Honestly that makes sense;

An idea is to do two polls: one in the server and another on the forums and/or Discord. These polls would have the exact same prompt.
The idea is that the results of both polls would be compared. You could look for a unanimous agreement between both groups, or you might notice one group being more in favor of an idea than another which can be helpful to know

• Agree
Reactions: llvqs and HoppyFrog

coolzombiee

Jun 20, 2024
Honestly that makes sense;

An idea is to do two polls: one in the server and another on the forums and/or Discord. These polls would have the exact same prompt.
The idea is that the results of both polls would be compared. You could look for a unanimous agreement between both groups, or you might notice one group being more in favor of an idea than another which can be helpful to know
I mean I dont have discord so if it was only on discord it would be pointless to me

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

It is mindblowing that still no one made a cubecraft docu/series where they interview "famous" players/staff. Would be so great to watch!
That's one way to make birch look good... 🌿

1730150811341.png
This is new…
IMG_6700.png

IMG_6699.png

When I first joined the Forums, I thought maybe I had accidentally broken the rules xD
iTz1Hamood wrote on ItzJuan's profile.
We're going to have a great moderator around really soon, Good luck my friend! :)
Thank you all for over 5.5K reactions! 💛
Top Bottom