Do you think ./spectate should be implemented

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaminKeyboard

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Gazorpazorp
I am creating this thread with the aim of spreading the need of ./spectate and to see whether it is accepted and you all want it.

Have you ever been in a game where-
  • In a party when a hacker kills you and you are about to record but your party owner leaves and you don't get the chance?
  • When a hacker kills you generally and you leave accidentally or purposely?
  • When you think someone hacks when people keep typing it in chat and can't check until your in a game with them
Those points bring out the need for ./spectate.It will greatly help us players report more efficiently.

PS: I am not sure the ./spectate is there all game modes and I am particularly talking about egg wars

I would love to hear your feedback so feel free to type your mind

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
/spectate is a command for Staff and that needs to stay like that as it's a Staff command and not a command for us. You can just record hackers and if your party leader leaves or if you leave the game yourself, Sentinel also does his job so I'm sure Sentinel will catch him/her.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
inb4 people saying it will cause lag, especially in a party.
Seriously though. I don't see why not.

FlaminKeyboard

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Gazorpazorp
/spectate is a command for Staff and that needs to stay like that as it's a Staff command and not a command for us. You can just record hackers and if your party leader leaves or if you leave the game yourself, Sentinel also does his job so I'm sure Sentinel will catch him/her.
I caught 3 hackers in like 1 hour.all of them had downright visible hacks.If sentinal would ban them he should have already

FlaminKeyboard

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Gazorpazorp
You know Sentinel bans in ban waves and not instantly?
I did not know that.However, the waves are occasional.Between this time the hacker could hack, win and quit.The loss for us. ./spectate would mean reporting and hence ban more efficient. If us along with staff had it it would be faster and staff could concentrate on 1 game mode properly without having to constantly switch to see if someone is hacking

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well, saying that you'll use it to record rulebreakers is nice and all, but what if someone does this to spectate their friend & ghost for them? There's no way to prevent it from happening with this feature.
Not to mention the amount of players that count join and lag the game, along with players being able to easily stalk others

FlaminKeyboard

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Gazorpazorp
Not to mention the amount of players that count join and lag the game, along with players being able to easily stalk others
Cubecraft doesn't lag in game. I get like 400-500fps.Its the lobby that lags
Well, saying that you'll use it to record rulebreakers is nice and all, but what if someone does this to spectate their friend & ghost for them? There's no way to prevent it from happening with this feature.
They can set it so that you are muted and /msg commands (/pm /m /tell also ) are disabled.If suppose they are talking to their friend through discord trying to tell him where he is by typing,they can set it so after like 10 seconds if you are idle you will be kicked from that map

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Cubecraft doesn't lag in game. I get like 400-500fps.Its the lobby that lags

They can set it so that you are muted and /msg commands (/pm /m /tell also ) are disabled.If suppose they are talking to their friend through discord trying to tell him where he is by typing,they can set it so after like 10 seconds if you are idle you will be kicked from that map
It would be lagging the server actually #cubelag and the individual users in that game
Also that says nothing about stalkers
P.S. if you don't move for 10 seconds because you are trying to record a hacker hmm gets kicked also you don't need to stand still to speak into a microphone

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I am creating this thread with the aim of spreading the need of ./spectate and to see whether it is accepted and you all want it.

• In a party when a hacker kills you and you are about to record but your party owner leaves and you don't get the chance?
  • When you think someone hacks when people keep typing it in chat and can't check until your in a game with them
Those points bring out the need for ./spectate.It will greatly help us players report more efficiently.

PS: I am not sure the ./spectate is there all game modes and I am particularly talking about egg wars

Trust me, Sentinel will catch that person sooner or later.
Thus this is a command for staff and there are reasons why it should stay for staff only.
This can encourage ghosting or stalking. You can go back into a game and give advantage to a player if its your friend.

This is why I am against this idea.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Only staff would need it... They have it...
Also LAG...
Also each game and lobby only holds a limited amount of players...
No...

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt

I Don't Think That You Will need it It's only for staff members so ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hello everyone, I released a video, you can watch it if you want, if you like it, I'll be grateful
I would love to see chain armor cone back in eggwars too with the new update
NEWS: CubeCraft League has been blocked. The reason for the block is due to the OG EggWars Update!
1729275260344.png
lorilambthecoolgamer wrote on ytr9640's profile.
Welcome to the forums bro! :)
Top Bottom