Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Me and Bedrock suggestions? No, you're not dreaming!
I am contributor to the lovely CubeCraft Book of World Records, which you should definitely check out btw! Anyhow, verifying records there has me stumbling on some problems. I will point out three of them today, so hopefully my job will be made a little easier!

1️⃣ Names Above Stats​

On java, you can clearly see the name of the player that is showing you their stats, as it is visible on the scoreboard bar on the right side of the screen. For bedrock, this is not the case. It is literally impossible to see and verify whether the stats you are looking at belong to the person that showed me the screenshots. If it would be possible to implement a solution that shows the name of the user somewhere (in the form of a scoreboard, in the UI menu for the stats or somewhere else in the stats), that would be very helpful

Example of a Bedrock statistic menu (not mine, but you couldn't tell)
1718869188598.png

Example of a Java statistic menu (clearly mine, see right side of screen)
1718869313066.png

2️⃣ Make the gamemodes distinguishable​

Some gamemodes, I don't know exactly which ones, are hard to distinguish when it comes to the team format. For example, there are two menus with 'Team EggWars' statistics, which makes it impossible for anyone else to know which stat menu they opened. Please change the title to something better, like it was before the UI update (see examples for both). I understand this might not fit onto the bar on top, so maybe make it the first line of the statistics instead, in full white. I don't say this is better, but I just want to offer alternatives in case that the other solution might not be possible to implement.

EDIT: I've been looking for a screenshot when I saw that EggWars Teams of 4 has the correct name, but teams of 2 hasn't. I don't know for which menu's this goes, but please make this consistent across all team modes please! :D

The beautiful EggWars Teams of 2 statistics. Or was it Teams of 4? I couldn't tell... click here for answer: (Teams of 2)
1718869756050.png

A screenshot from the old UI, where it was very clear which gamemode we were dealing with. Feeling nostalgic yet?
1718870529658.png

3️⃣ Consistency in statistics​

Again, I don't know for which gamemodes this goes exactly, but definitely the stats of newly added games are all over the place. The wins can be at the bottom, then at the top, after that somewhere in the middle. It is chaos looking for your stats, which is why I like to suggest something plain and simple: make it so that the order is always the same, for each gamemode. I get that not all stats apply for each gamemode, but it would look something like this:

- Wins
- Current Win streak
- Best Win streak
- Kills
- (Assists)
- (Eliminations)
- Deaths
- Games Played
- [GAME SPECIFIC STATS]*
- Arrows Shot
- Arrows Hit
- Blocks Placed
- Blocks Broken
- Blocks Walked
- Time Played

*Game specific stats would be 'lucky blocks broken' in lucky islands, 'eggs/beds broken' in eggwars/bedwars, 'microgames/boss games won' in minerware, 'flags captured' in CTF etc.

Adding this structure to the statistics not only makes it much easier for the people that look at the stats, but also for implementing it in a new game (i suppose), as you now surely don't miss any of the stats with a simple copypasta. This one is probably most benefitting for the backend of the server as well.

I thought it would be nice to just take both BedWars statistics and compare them, because that says enough:
1718869188598.png

1718871124260.png

📣 Concluding​

When setting up this thread, I had a fourth QoL feature in mind, but I forgot, so I might add this later. Anyhow, I think it is safe to say that these changes will improve the looks on statistics menu by a lot. Besides that, they make my job easier and for you easier to flex on your friends and have them actually believe you instead of them calling you out for stealing someone elses screenie.
Thanks for reading, please let me know what you think! :agree: :disagree:

Mr Jii Gamer

Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

3️⃣ Consistency in statistics​

Again, I don't know for which gamemodes this goes exactly, but definitely the stats of newly added games are all over the place. The wins can be at the bottom, then at the top, after that somewhere in the middle. It is chaos looking for your stats, which is why I like to suggest something plain and simple: make it so that the order is always the same, for each gamemode. I get that not all stats apply for each gamemode, but it would look something like this:
I agree with you especially with the order of statistics
The order of statistics change from game to game not only in bed wars
And this order i see it really good (your suggestion)
- Wins
- Current Win streak
- Best Win streak
- Kills
- (Assists)
- (Eliminations)
- Deaths
- Games Played
- [GAME SPECIFIC STATS]*
- Arrows Shot
- Arrows Hit
- Blocks Placed
- Blocks Broken
- Blocks Walked
- Time Played

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
I'd just point out that players would be still able to falsify their stats, even if we make show their name in there, they can always use photoshop. Though, it will require way more effort.

I'm for these lightweight QoL changes. +1!

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd just point out that players would be still able to falsify their stats, even if we make show their name in there, they can always use photoshop. Though, it will require way more effort.

I'm for these lightweight QoL changes. +1!
We know that falsifying evidence is something that we cannot fully control. Luckily, as for now this hasn't been a problem. What has been a problem is people submitting stats that are not theirs. I could take a screenshot you uploaded somewhere and submitted it as being my own. We cannot check this right now, which is why I suggested it.

Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated! <3

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on DuckL's profile.
hiii where are u?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
WOW! Grats on 2000 reaction score!!!!!!! Very good job!
For all the U.S. people, happy 4th July!!!!!!
What will happen if someone follows you in this website?🥲
Top Bottom