Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like Team Lucky Islands to become permanent?

• Yes, I love Team Lucky islands!

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No, I feel that Team Lucky islands is an excessive gamemode.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure, there are both pros and cons with the suggestion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zMoomin

Jun 28, 2022
Finland
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone!

I am very pleased to see the (temporary?) return of Team Lucky islands. Some things I have noticed are:

1) Many old players coming back because of this and actually playing the gamemode. It is very nice to see these players, and discuss with them.
2) Good turnout, there are always (at least when I have played) been many games going at the same time, which is an indicator that even as a permanent gamemode it would be sustainable (even though I understand that right now there might be a "boom" of players and could possibly go down slightly as time goes on)
3) A very good environment to socialize and play at the same time. It is a very multifaceted gamemode, as has been said in earlier threads, team lucky islands grants an opportunity for players of all different skill levels. The atmosphere is, of what I have seen, very welcoming. In short: it is not so serious, which I also think is very important with gaming. Many people come to play just to relax after perhaps a hard day of school and work and doesn't want to "tryhard", just take it easy and play the games with as much joy as possible. This is also a perk of team lucky islands that in many other gamemodes does just not exist.

With all these things I want to lift up a suggestion that was made earlier this year, to put team lucky islands as a permanent game mode and perhaps put solo lucky islands as a rotating or temporary gamemode. The arguments for this, except for those mentioned above, is that it is very much possible to play alone on team lucky islands, which in reverse doesn't work (playing as a team in solo - that may have consequences). Also I feel that having maps with teams of 2 and teams of 4 (perhaps even other configurations in the future) grants a much higher diversity, all games are not the same, which I have felt playing solo lucky islands. Having a higher diversity between games makes the motivation to keep playing much higher, at least in my opinion.

As a mere old team lucky islands player I don't see what stops this from becoming a reality, either a swap or both solo and team lucky islands co-existing. Whatever happens I am still grateful for the opportunity to once more (hopefully not for the last time) experience the nostalgia of playing the same game with the old acquaintances and catching up what has happened in life and whatnot. Thank you so much to all developers and the entire team of Cubecraft for giving us this, and I hope this is a good reminder why having Team Lucky islands on this server was a great time.

Sincerely,
Moomin

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
I agree with everything you said! Games are really fast and relaxing when compared to Team Eggwars, and players don't take games as seriously as in Eggwars. I've played Team Lucky Islands a lot with my friends and even alone, and I enjoyed playing it way more than Solo Lucky Islands.

IcePancake

May 14, 2020
Lucky always worked really well with teams, in my opinion. The drops always had some synergy with teammates or against a group of people. Think of the splash potion wand (it's still a crime what they did to it), shield wand, explosive bow, and the newly added god axe and lightning wand (though I still think the lightning wand is a bit flawed in its design). A few kits also work really well as team-supporting kits. Though the diamond kit reigns supreme, you could argue that the golden apples from the chef and the speed potions from the runner hold a place in the game, making it more diverse. I also think that the overpowered lucky block works WAY better in teams. My main issue with it in solo was how game-changing it was and how it doesn't always feel fair. But when only one guy out of the 5 people in a team fight has a game breaking weapon compared to a 1 on 1 against a guy with a game breaking weapon it works way better .(barring the giga sword)

I think it should stay, but if the money isn't there to host the servers to run teams, that's completely understandable. Maybe it is an option to swap Lucky Teams and Lucky Solo every month. The same could work for Eggwars, perhaps. Given that I don't know enough about Eggwars and its players, I don't know what their opinion is on that.

xLitenVarg_

Aug 15, 2017
Spain, Burgos
I agree, as i posted too long ago asking for this mode to come back, u can even see there is always more people in team lucky islands than in solo mode. This mode should stay, not be limited and if its not possible to have both solo and teams, solo should be removed, much less players that its what matters to the server owners i guess.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Lucky always worked really well with teams, in my opinion. The drops always had some synergy with teammates or against a group of people. Think of the splash potion wand (it's still a crime what they did to it), shield wand, explosive bow, and the newly added god axe and lightning wand (though I still think the lightning wand is a bit flawed in its design). A few kits also work really well as team-supporting kits. Though the diamond kit reigns supreme, you could argue that the golden apples from the chef and the speed potions from the runner hold a place in the game, making it more diverse. I also think that the overpowered lucky block works WAY better in teams. My main issue with it in solo was how game-changing it was and how it doesn't always feel fair. But when only one guy out of the 5 people in a team fight has a game breaking weapon compared to a 1 on 1 against a guy with a game breaking weapon it works way better .(barring the giga sword)

I think it should stay, but if the money isn't there to host the servers to run teams, that's completely understandable. Maybe it is an option to swap Lucky Teams and Lucky Solo every month. The same could work for Eggwars, perhaps. Given that I don't know enough about Eggwars and its players, I don't know what their opinion is on that.
I agree with the rotation system, or maybe just remove solo mode completely and add team mode as permanent gamemode. But Solo Eggwars shouldn't come back anytime soon as it was one of the least popular gamemodes before it got removed, only getting around 15 active players during the active hours.

IcePancake

May 14, 2020
I agree with the rotation system, or maybe just remove solo mode completely and add team mode as permanent gamemode. But Solo Eggwars shouldn't come back anytime soon as it was one of the least popular gamemodes before it got removed, only getting around 15 active players during the active hours.
Ah welp then don't swap eggwars lmao

NoorSlappedYou

Novice Member
Dec 23, 2020
Hello everyone!

I am very pleased to see the (temporary?) return of Team Lucky islands. Some things I have noticed are:

1) Many old players coming back because of this and actually playing the gamemode. It is very nice to see these players, and discuss with them.
2) Good turnout, there are always (at least when I have played) been many games going at the same time, which is an indicator that even as a permanent gamemode it would be sustainable (even though I understand that right now there might be a "boom" of players and could possibly go down slightly as time goes on)
3) A very good environment to socialize and play at the same time. It is a very multifaceted gamemode, as has been said in earlier threads, team lucky islands grants an opportunity for players of all different skill levels. The atmosphere is, of what I have seen, very welcoming. In short: it is not so serious, which I also think is very important with gaming. Many people come to play just to relax after perhaps a hard day of school and work and doesn't want to "tryhard", just take it easy and play the games with as much joy as possible. This is also a perk of team lucky islands that in many other gamemodes does just not exist.

With all these things I want to lift up a suggestion that was made earlier this year, to put team lucky islands as a permanent game mode and perhaps put solo lucky islands as a rotating or temporary gamemode. The arguments for this, except for those mentioned above, is that it is very much possible to play alone on team lucky islands, which in reverse doesn't work (playing as a team in solo - that may have consequences). Also I feel that having maps with teams of 2 and teams of 4 (perhaps even other configurations in the future) grants a much higher diversity, all games are not the same, which I have felt playing solo lucky islands. Having a higher diversity between games makes the motivation to keep playing much higher, at least in my opinion.

As a mere old team lucky islands player I don't see what stops this from becoming a reality, either a swap or both solo and team lucky islands co-existing. Whatever happens I am still grateful for the opportunity to once more (hopefully not for the last time) experience the nostalgia of playing the same game with the old acquaintances and catching up what has happened in life and whatnot. Thank you so much to all developers and the entire team of Cubecraft for giving us this, and I hope this is a good reminder why having Team Lucky islands on this server was a great time.

Sincerely,
Moomin
i agree team luckyisland is the best game in cube which ppl can rly play while rly having fun without meeting toxic ppl etc... i rly hope its not gonna be temp game!

Members Online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on YeoXuHang's profile.
Thanks for playing!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Lord of Ducks's profile.
I can play PoF with you! But I don't have the subscription
BicolourSine41 wrote on !notcitingdow's profile.
Thanks for the follow! Have it back :)
Reesle wrote on yuduki0729's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :D
Happy to have you here!
Reesle wrote on Lycheesis's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom