Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

dream81501

Dec 5, 2023
France, Colmar
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello
Cubecraft is a very popular server with a lot of people active on a daily basis. Cubecraft is mainly a very competitive PvP server but apart from minewars, parkour and thief of Fortune, the game modes are very competitive. Me and I think many other players would like to see new mini-games that would have more of an "RPG" context for example murder mystery, zombie apocalypse, hide and seek ... Game modes in which everyone, regardless of the level, could have fun without getting angry because they are constantly beaten by people better than them in PvP.
Thanks You all for learning this thread.
IGN : Dream81501
Level : 93
VIP Level : 27
Main : Egg-Wars, Blockwars and Bedwars

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Up there!
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello
Cubecraft is a very popular server with a lot of people active on a daily basis. Cubecraft is mainly a very competitive PvP server but apart from minewars, parkour and thief of Fortune, the game modes are very competitive. Me and I think many other players would like to see new mini-games that would have more of an "RPG" context for example murder mystery, zombie apocalypse, hide and seek ... Game modes in which everyone, regardless of the level, could have fun without getting angry because they are constantly beaten by people better than them in PvP.
Nah, CubeCraft is a pvp server, and I like having some trading battles or having players better then me that are grinding.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Nah, CubeCraft is a pvp server, and I like having some trading battles or having players better then me that are grinding.
CubeCraft isn't a PVP server, it's a minigame server. Most of the minigames just have a lot of PVP aspects.

I'd love to see some more non-pvp games. Strategy, farming/grinding, fun MinerWare-like games; I'd like to see any of them. Just because you don't like to play non-PVP games, it doesn't mean they shouldn't ever get added. You don't need to play them.

dream81501

Dec 5, 2023
France, Colmar
Pronouns
He/Him
You can like it but ordinary players may not like it, look, in the heads of some, the VIPs are better (which is wrong) and many as soon as they see it, leave the game. The idea would therefore be that everyone is on equal terms (there would therefore be no magic button (autoclicker) necessary in this type of mode)

CubeCraft isn't a PVP server, it's a minigame server. Most of the minigames just have a lot of PVP aspects.

I'd love to see some more non-pvp games. Strategy, farming/grinding, fun MinerWare-like games; I'd like to see any of them. Just because you don't like to play non-PVP games, it doesn't mean they shouldn't ever get added. You don't need to play them.
That's exactly it

I'm thinking in particular of a game that only the old-timers know, I'm obviously talking about Magic Mahyen idk if u was here at this time

dream81501

Dec 5, 2023
France, Colmar
Pronouns
He/Him
An RPG would be cool, but hide and seek and murder mystery wouldn't be original gamemodes, and I remember what happened last time cubecraft copied a server (bedwars). So like, I'd say yes to more seasonal and RPG games, but definetly not games such as hide and seek etc.
Yes, the goal would not be to copy other servers but it was to give examples

Here is one idea!

Jokes aside, I agree that more non-PvP minigames would be fun to have. Especially for Java now that Parkour and Skyblock are the only ones that doesn't have competitive PvP.
Yes, it could be a great idea if you replace the ghast with an enemy team and the fireball with a ball of: Tennis, Volleyball or Ping-Pong

Reactions: coolzombiee

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
An RPG would be cool, but hide and seek and murder mystery wouldn't be original gamemodes, and I remember what happened last time cubecraft copied a server (bedwars). So like, I'd say yes to more seasonal and RPG games, but definetly not games such as hide and seek etc.
I’d personally say that BedWars is kind of universal at this point, but I agree that adding Hide and Seek and/or Murder Mystery would be too much

Just some thoughts on certain kinds of games:

With those games (hide and seek and murder mystery) especially, it would be hard to do a unique take on it, a good take too at that

While variations of hide and seek are almost universal on their own, it seems like all of the concepts have been tried already.
Hive: Hide as blocks, comes with cosmetic features
Galaxite: Hide as custom objects
Pixel Paradise: Hide as a character among NPCs
Mineplex: Hide as a block or disguise as a mob

I suppose the best approach to Hide and Seek could be similar to Mineplex’s take on it, though it would likely be better to make a different game instead.

As for Murder Mystery, it’s mainly a Hive feature, and adding it to CubeCraft would be pretty unoriginal. However, there was an older CubeCraft game called Assassination that I think would work well instead since its concept is quite different, plus its original (as far as I know)

Building Games

This is somewhat random, but when I play on the Hive it’s most often to play Just Build; I think it would be interesting to see a building game of some kind on CubeCraft.

However, in terms of build battles, I don’t think it would be the best to make one on CubeCraft, firstly because of inappropriate builds. Hive has a report system for builds, but people still end up doing it anyway. Unless a really good report system is made, a build battle game probably shouldn’t be added to CubeCraft. (I think there’s Build Battle on Hypixel, but I don’t play on Java so I’m not familiar with it; I’m not sure how often players build inappropriately there if at all)
This leads to the fact that a build battle wouldn’t be the most original either, so other building game concepts should maybe be considered instead, especially those with good long-term playability (which is something that build battles generally have)

RPGs

I think the issue with RPGs might be with long-term playability, which might’ve been why Magic and Mayhem was a temporary game.
It probably takes a while to create all of the locations, features, challenges, etc. of a game like that, so the more time it takes to get very far = the more features or places you have to make for the game, unless you implement lots of grinding...

I feel like a seasonal RPG would probably work best. The Spring 2021 RPG was awesome! Either way, an RPG is still one of CubeCraft’s best bets for an original game

Long-term playability

You probably noticed the mention of this phrase a couple of times in this post. I find that long-term playability is an important feature when it comes to games, and it seems to me that CubeCraft has a major focus on it. It guarantees that players continue to return to games and enjoy them. However, it doesn’t seem to apply to seasonal games which makes sense

Maybe one of the games I mentioned above could be seasonal (with a respective seasonal theme)! It should be a unique take, but it’s still a possibility

• Wow
Reactions: dream81501

adamemad4300

Aug 21, 2024
Hello
good idea, i'd agree with this because i'm addicted to play lucky islands and other mini games which could attract more players to play the server since most of the other servers don't have them

Lord of Ducks

Novice Member
Apr 12, 2024
The Pond
Any one wanna play theif of fortune with me?
Hello
Cubecraft is a very popular server with a lot of people active on a daily basis. Cubecraft is mainly a very competitive PvP server but apart from minewars, parkour and theif of Fortune, the game modes are very competitive. Me and I think many other players would like to see new mini-games that would have more of an "RPG" context for example murder mystery, zombie apocalypse, hide and seek ... Game modes in which everyone, regardless of the level, could have fun without getting angry because they are constantly beaten by people better than them in PvP.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Couple of remarks:

First of all, I 100% agree with your suggestion. CubeCraft needs more non-PvP games, which I have been fighting for ever since the Java removal. I am a Java player only, so things I say might not apply for both networks. I do think however bringing MinerWare to Java or bringing Tower Defense to bedrock would already be a great step in the right direction.

I've seen this argument more than once on the forums, and I think Hoshi debunked this quite well already. What I do want to add is that if the server has as much different gamemodes as CubeCraft does, it cannot be defined as a PvP or a non-PvP server anymore. CubeCraft, similar to Hive or Hypixel, can be enjoyed by all kind of players.
but hide and seek and murder mystery wouldn't be original gamemodes, and I remember what happened last time cubecraft copied a server (bedwars)
This is simply false. I am happy to be able to say that I was there back in the OG days, though not as familiar with the server. Hide and Seek for one was actually a gamemode on CubeCraft (almost) since the very beginning of CubeCraft, but got removed with the arcade update somewhere in 2017. I don't remember if this also was the case for murder mystery, but fact is that a lot of gamemodes have been copies or adaptations to the ones that CubeCraft made. Funny enough, BedWars is also an adaptation of EggWars, but became much popular on Hypixel in comparison to EggWars on CubeCraft.

Secondly, there is no such thing as plagiarism in games. I do agree that blatantly copying games is not the way to go, but if you have a better or different adaptation (such as SkyBlock from its original purpose), I don't see why it cannot be attempted.

All things considered, as said, I agree with the suggestion. Designing games is hard, mad props to Team Cube for adapting Pillars of Fortune as fast as they did, but I believe bringing back some of the classics that were unique to CubeCraft would be good (e.g. minerware to java or tower defence to bedrock). I love the shared ideas btw from all the other people here, so who knows what can be taken out of this thread!

WorriedSkate940

Feb 2, 2023
Poland but I live in Sweden
Couple of remarks:

First of all, I 100% agree with your suggestion. CubeCraft needs more non-PvP games, which I have been fighting for ever since the Java removal. I am a Java player only, so things I say might not apply for both networks. I do think however bringing MinerWare to Java or bringing Tower Defense to bedrock would already be a great step in the right direction.

I've seen this argument more than once on the forums, and I think Hoshi debunked this quite well already. What I do want to add is that if the server has as much different gamemodes as CubeCraft does, it cannot be defined as a PvP or a non-PvP server anymore. CubeCraft, similar to Hive or Hypixel, can be enjoyed by all kind of players.

This is simply false. I am happy to be able to say that I was there back in the OG days, though not as familiar with the server. Hide and Seek for one was actually a gamemode on CubeCraft (almost) since the very beginning of CubeCraft, but got removed with the arcade update somewhere in 2017. I don't remember if this also was the case for murder mystery, but fact is that a lot of gamemodes have been copies or adaptations to the ones that CubeCraft made. Funny enough, BedWars is also an adaptation of EggWars, but became much popular on Hypixel in comparison to EggWars on CubeCraft.

Secondly, there is no such thing as plagiarism in games. I do agree that blatantly copying games is not the way to go, but if you have a better or different adaptation (such as SkyBlock from its original purpose), I don't see why it cannot be attempted.

All things considered, as said, I agree with the suggestion. Designing games is hard, mad props to Team Cube for adapting Pillars of Fortune as fast as they did, but I believe bringing back some of the classics that were unique to CubeCraft would be good (e.g. minerware to java or tower defence to bedrock). I love the shared ideas btw from all the other people here, so who knows what can be taken out of this thread!
Oh, then I apologise. I didn't know hide and seek used to be a cubecraft gamemode.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Lord of Ducks's profile.
I did receive your party invites earlier, but unfortunately it wouldn’t let me join. I think the invites were glitched for some reason.
OnlyTijmen wrote on mollymgonigle12's profile.
nice
Amazinq wrote on Fisktratt's profile.
Happy birthday
Amazinq wrote on dream81501's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom