Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Heyo! I haven't posted a suggestion in a long while.

I'll get straight to the point; The Notion page is not advertised from within the Java network whatsoever, so I had some ideas on how it could possibly be advertised so more players, especially those uninvolved in other communities (ex: the Discord & Forums) are made aware of upcoming updates.

#1 - Add the Notion page to existing reminder messages

You're likely aware of the messages that pop up in chat every so often like "Get involved beyond the game! <links>" and the "Welcome to CubeCraft" message that pops up every time you join a new lobby. How about adding a link to the Notion page to both of those messages?

potential message.png

#2 - Add a new reminder message with only the Notion page

Another option would be to add a new reminder message that pops up every so often saying something along the lines of "Stay up-to-date on our upcoming updates/new content". This message could be played less often than other messages to make sure players' chats don't get flooded with automatic messages.

#3 - Add an NPC/custom model to the hub that links to the Notion page

Finally, there could potentially be an NPC that when interacted with, will link players to the Notion page.

potential location.png

These are just some ideas to better advertise the Notion page so players will always stay informed about upcoming content even if they don't commit to other platforms.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
I actually still don't know how to get to the notion board without someone else linking it on their forum / discord post even though I have been on the forums for almost 1 year now. Getting notification in the Minecraft chat about the notion board every time player logs in would make things way easier and faster!

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
I actually still don't know how to get to the notion board without someone else linking it on their forum / discord post even though I have been on the forums for almost 1 year now. Getting notification in the Minecraft chat about the notion board every time player logs in would make things way easier and faster!
I've always thought they should add "Update Board" to the side bar. Under "Rules" perhaps.
1717012933067.png

Mr Jii Gamer

Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Heyo! I haven't posted a suggestion in a long while.

I'll get straight to the point; The Notion page is not advertised from within the Java network whatsoever, so I had some ideas on how it could possibly be advertised so more players, especially those uninvolved in other communities (ex: the Discord & Forums) are made aware of upcoming updates.

#1 - Add the Notion page to existing reminder messages

You're likely aware of the messages that pop up in chat every so often like "Get involved beyond the game! <links>" and the "Welcome to CubeCraft" message that pops up every time you join a new lobby. How about adding a link to the Notion page to both of those messages?

View attachment 230759

#2 - Add a new reminder message with only the Notion page

Another option would be to add a new reminder message that pops up every so often saying something along the lines of "Stay up-to-date on our upcoming updates/new content". This message could be played less often than other messages to make sure players' chats don't get flooded with automatic messages.

#3 - Add an NPC/custom model to the hub that links to the Notion page

Finally, there could potentially be an NPC that when interacted with, will link players to the Notion page.

View attachment 230760

These are just some ideas to better advertise the Notion page so players will always stay informed about upcoming content even if they don't commit to other platforms.
Its really great idea but for the npc on the lobby of the server i dont see it that necessary but for the reminder message i agree with you

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
Yeah good idea! But i think the spot in #3 is probably reserved for other stuff (hunts etc.) and we would need to put the npc somewhere else ^^

Alternatively, we could build an actual update board in the main lobby, with signs. Of course that requires some work to switch out the signs, but i wouldn't have any problem with doing that.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
anywhere but here
Pronouns
He/She/They
LET'S GO ANOTHER HOSHI POST!!!!!!!!!!! 🗣️ 🔥

one thing i noticed about cubecraft is how janky it is in terms of user friendliness or how some features aren't as accessible, a good example is me when i was new not being aware of the notion page or me just figuring out /friend message just yesterday after barbarian smashing my keyboard multiple times tryna guess which one works

little things like these would 100% help out newer players or just make things more accessible in general, i agree with adding this

• Heart
Reactions: Hoshi

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I just keep it open permanently on my phone, that's how hard it is to find the link. I remember before it was in the discord faq, when you had to go back to the original post by Younisco over 2 years ago. That was the only place you could get the link.

From @Nightmare "Alternatively, we could build an actual update board in the main lobby, with signs. Of course that requires some work to switch out the signs, but i wouldn't have any problem with doing that."
Would this just be for Java, or would Bedrock get a board as well.

Reactions: Loskol

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I just keep it open permanently on my phone, that's how hard it is to find the link. I remember before it was in the discord faq, when you had to go back to the original post by Younisco over 2 years ago. That was the only place you could get the link.
I unfortunately had to memorise the link to the point where it would simply automatically give it as a first result every time I start typing "cubecraft" or even "c".
1717097548944.png

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
I always go to the information channel on discord
1717099050570.png

There's one called "What are Cubecraft's future updates"

It is still quite hidden though

Even better would be when @Camezonda or whoever changes a thing on the update board they would put it in the changelog channel and link the card they changed there too

Reactions: Loskol

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey! Our public update board is one of the things I love the most about us. It's awesome to update and keep the community informed, share updates, and tease content. We're one of the only Minecraft servers that continuously update and maintain their update board. But one of the best things about it is that it's subtle - it's not splattered everywhere, which I like.

I think adding it to the chat, announcements or in the lobby would be a little too much for it because it's not super important for everyone to know; it's there if you want it or find it. I read your message then thought, "I'll just add it onto the sidebar of the forums", then noticed that someone suggested that in one of the comments lol, so yeah it's on the sidebar now for easier access. It's also on Discord in one of the FAQs and helpful links post. I'm also not a fan of adding each announcement to #changelog for the update board; that's the fun of the board; you can visit it randomly, and there's something new!

So, overall, I like our public board and love updating it, but I personally don't want it announced everywhere or overused.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This new podium in the beta games lobby looks interesting...
It may be that the old Java lobby leaderboards are coming back? 👀

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-27 164108.png
!notcitingdow wrote on valentinoboo's profile.
Welcome to the Cubecraft forums!!!!
Deepslate3D wrote on TheMrRevZ's profile.
what's ur favorite bisector in the alphabet? mine is 14
New screenshot posted on the Halloween Event's notion page today!
1727457670116.png
BicolourSine41 wrote on CheatersDontWin's profile.
Good username
Top Bottom