Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Eli

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
But that does not give anyone a reason, especially on the moderation team, to just dismiss valid safety concerns with a "yeah, I have not seen that happen, anyway: here is a link that does stuff".

Like, okay, the privacy thing is only very mildly related to this*, but its still a valid privacy concern that should not get ignored, and since this thread is a about seeking improvements (the initial post mentioning seeking improvements in the report moderation system), I still think its relevant to the thread, even if its relation to the discussion it was mentioned it is fairly small.
I will personally try to discuss this further internally because I’ve had the time to do some research on other prominent Minecraft server report systems and it does seem they don’t usually provide evidence of the infraction to the banned player, one could say it’s out of privacy, but I say it might be to give Moderation staff more free reign, and that concerns me.

I don’t know if I want to say goodbye to a system in which people who get punished are given a fair chance to review their incriminating evidence and provide a reasonable explanation that in some cases may get them unbanned. But I do know privacy and protection of reporters should be placed at the very top, it’s just a very hard compromise the way I see it. That doesn’t mean I discard the idea, I’m just thinking out loud.

Please do not continue to insist that we do not care because you will find that it is entirely the opposite, we provide ways to file a report because we cannot help you if you don’t initially help yourself and provide evidence. And I personally have taken the time to reply to some of your ideas and feedback, I never expect recognition out of especially because it’s not like knowing my opinion is any great privilege, but please don’t try to frame Moderation staff as people who don’t care.

I am glad we have been able to dilute this pool of ideas into one truly important suggestion, I hope this thread continues its course discussing all the OTHER topics instead.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

YeoXuHang wrote on Sweetenerera's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on UltraGameCoder's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Wave Master7S's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌊 🎂
Reesle wrote on Sweetenerera's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🍰🎈
Top Bottom