Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Flimsychip

Novice Member
Jan 5, 2024
Australia
Hi there! I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad time with the new menus 😅
I changed the style of the category menus to make them load faster, by removing those large images. As well as making it easier to navigate them by reducing the amount of scrolling you have to do, and by keeping your last selected category open.

I thought those changes would be really nice for the BedWars shop and I tested it on my phone to make sure mobile players would be okay. That being said if you've played with the new shop for a while and you still don't like it. I'd love to hear what you're struggling with so maybe I can make it better 💕
Well actually with loot menu aswell it takes longer to find one certain item than it did before, and is too complicated

coolzombiee

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2024
I changed the style of the category menus to make them load faster, by removing those large images. As well as making it easier to navigate them by reducing the amount of scrolling you have to do, and by keeping your last selected category open.

I thought those changes would be really nice for the BedWars shop and I tested it on my phone to make sure mobile players would be okay. That being said if you've played with the new shop for a while and you still don't like it. I'd love to hear what you're struggling with so maybe I can make it better 💕
I have 2 things. First one is bedwars shop ui, It should be changed especially on mobile because it takes too long. My Second suggestion is social menu needs to have smaller icons, my social menu is very messed up and no mods have responded to my report I made a week ago

Fishyy

Novice Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hyrule Castle
Pronouns
He/Him

My biggest problem is that the buttons are way to small

SuperSuccubus

Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Well actually with loot menu aswell it takes longer to find one certain item than it did before, and is too complicated
I see you own quite a lot of stuff. Is it easier for you to use the 'Loot By Type' section of the loot menu to find your stuff? What exactly is causing you to have trouble finding specific items?

My biggest problem is that the buttons are way to small
1723542117925.png

You mean these buttons on the left? What device are you playing on? What kind of phone?

I have 2 things. First one is bedwars shop ui, It should be changed especially on mobile because it takes too long. My Second suggestion is social menu needs to have smaller icons, my social menu is very messed up and no mods have responded to my report I made a week ago
The new menu should be faster than the old one. What's making it take long for you?
I'm working on fixing the social menu now, I found your bug report

Reactions: Reesle

coolzombiee

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2024
I see you own quite a lot of stuff. Is it easier for you to use the 'Loot By Type' section of the loot menu to find your stuff? What exactly is causing you to have trouble finding specific items?

View attachment 232590
You mean these buttons on the left? What device are you playing on? What kind of phone?

The new menu should be faster than the old one. What's making it take long for you?
I'm working on fixing the social menu now, I found your bug report
Thank you! Also what I meant was in bed wars the icons were pretty small using a mobile device so it took longer

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
While I generally support that idea, and don't think its bad, with UI generally speaking usability should come before optimisation. Firstly ensure the user is as comfortable with it and can operate it as easily as possible before you consider things like loading times.

What I am about to say is NOT intended in an insulting way, but there is a reason why UI design is normally handled by dedicated designers rather than developers. Not saying that you can't do it, I am also not trying to say or even imply that you are in any way bad at your job just so we are clear, but a designer has a better idea of what a user would want to see and what works best for them because that's what they are taught and trained to look for and because that's their primary job.

Developers, primarily look at functionality and efficiency (including things such as loading time), which is perfectly normal and perfectly reasonable, its part of the job, but you need to get the best out of "both worlds" which is something a developer alone may not always be able to do.

SuperSuccubus

Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 27, 2021
While I generally support that idea, and don't think its bad, with UI generally speaking usability should come before optimisation. Firstly ensure the user is as comfortable with it and can operate it as easily as possible before you consider things like loading times.

What I am about to say is NOT intended in an insulting way, but there is a reason why UI design is normally handled by dedicated designers rather than developers. Not saying that you can't do it, I am also not trying to say or even imply that you are in any way bad at your job just so we are clear, but a designer has a better idea of what a user would want to see and what works best for them because that's what they are taught and trained to look for and because that's their primary job.

Developers, primarily look at functionality and efficiency (including things such as loading time), which is perfectly normal and perfectly reasonable, its part of the job, but you need to get the best out of "both worlds" which is something a developer alone may not always be able to do.
Even though I'm credited as being a Content Developer on the CubeCraft team, I'm actually a game design graduate from Breda University where I specialized in technical design. I agree with you though, in a larger company you'd have a dedicated UI/UX designer working on this sort of thing. Either way to give you some history;

The big UI update we did in 2021 was very focussed on mobile users, but one gripe I had was with the bulky category buttons, they never sat quite right with me. (and I made them) Besides that, community often complained about their performance, which is why I was motivated to improve both it's UX and performance. To quote Shigeru Miyamoto 'A good idea is something that does not solve just one single problem, but rather can solve multiple problems at once.'

So for the past 4 months I've been toying with different ideas and we eventually landed on this implementation. Because most players don't own that much loot, and might not know which loot types are used in what games, we decided to bundle loot together by game. With the old menus that wasn't really possible, because you'd be scrolling for an hour before finding the category you're looking for. Another advantage of the text-based dropdown layout is it's flexibility. We can use our custom glyphs in the category titles and each category can have sub-categories as well, like you see in the main loot menu.

As expected, there's a lot of criticism regarding these changes and I'm reading a lot, if not all of it. What's important to me here is figuring out what's frustrating players and finding ways to move forward while alleviating that frustration. Don't worry, I'm not taking any comment personally, haha. Honestly I'm just glad to see people are so passionate about the CubeCraft. Generally I'm not very active on the forums or Discord, but trust me, I'm always reading messages and listening to player feedback. Of course it's impossible for me to make something everybody loves, but I'll try my darndest to make the server better one small step at a time 💙

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
Even though I'm credited as being a Content Developer on the CubeCraft team, I'm actually a game design graduate from Breda University where I specialized in technical design. I agree with you though, in a larger company you'd have a dedicated UI/UX designer working on this sort of thing. Either way to give you some history;

The big UI update we did in 2021 was very focussed on mobile users, but one gripe I had was with the bulky category buttons, they never sat quite right with me. (and I made them) Besides that, community often complained about their performance, which is why I was motivated to improve both it's UX and performance. To quote Shigeru Miyamoto 'A good idea is something that does not solve just one single problem, but rather can solve multiple problems at once.'

So for the past 4 months I've been toying with different ideas and we eventually landed on this implementation. Because most players don't own that much loot, and might not know which loot types are used in what games, we decided to bundle loot together by game. With the old menus that wasn't really possible, because you'd be scrolling for an hour before finding the category you're looking for. Another advantage of the text-based dropdown layout is it's flexibility. We can use our custom glyphs in the category titles and each category can have sub-categories as well, like you see in the main loot menu.

As expected, there's a lot of criticism regarding these changes and I'm reading a lot, if not all of it. What's important to me here is figuring out what's frustrating players and finding ways to move forward while alleviating that frustration. Don't worry, I'm not taking any comment personally, haha. Honestly I'm just glad to see people are so passionate about the CubeCraft. Generally I'm not very active on the forums or Discord, but trust me, I'm always reading messages and listening to player feedback. Of course it's impossible for me to make something everybody loves, but I'll try my darndest to make the server better one small step at a time 💙
That is probably the single best thing I have ever read written by a staff or dev team member.

Keep up the good work then.👍

May 20, 2023

Maybe add like a slider to change the size of the menus?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dream81501 wrote on Dreamer's profile.
Merry Chrismas 🤣
ananas_time wrote on Blom's profile.
when are you reviewing records Mr.Blom
ananas_time wrote on Dreamer's profile.
1726678954748.png
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
AND YOU USE HACKS TOO
Reesle wrote on calvinhrn45's profile.
Hello again Calvin! I believe I have the link to the summer bundle 2020. DM me if you’d like me to send it.
maybe Top1 ?
owner UFC clan
<3
Top Bottom