Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
Ok now I might sound crazy but with the way that Eggwars has been getting less and less popular. (Mainly because Eggwars players are switching to bedwars cough cough.) Either way, this worries me and I feel like in a few years bedwars will overshadow Eggwars which will overall lead to Eggwars shutting down but that is just a theory from me at least.

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok now I might sound crazy but with the way that Eggwars has been getting less and less popular. (Mainly because Eggwars players are switching to bedwars cough cough.) Either way, this worries me and I feel like in a few years bedwars will overshadow Eggwars which will overall lead to Eggwars shutting down but that is just a theory from me at least.
I disagree, eggwars is THE CLASSIC GAME OF CUBECRAFT, soif they remove one of these i think it will be bedwars

WorriedSkate940

Feb 2, 2023
Poland but I live in Sweden
I disagree, eggwars is THE CLASSIC GAME OF CUBECRAFT, soif they remove one of these i think it will be bedwars
I agree with you ofcourse, eggwars is the classic game that should stay forever, but hypixel made bedwars so popular, that every non/newer player joins cubecraft and chooses to play bedwars instead of eggwars.

Reactions: BicolourSine41

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
Then why is bedwars being worked on so heavily despite it stealing the cubecraft egg wars player base?
Cause of this:
I agree with you ofcourse, eggwars is the classic game that should stay forever, but hypixel made bedwars so popular, that every non/newer player joins cubecraft and chooses to play bedwars instead of eggwars.

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
Cause of this:
Lifeboat had a bedwars game mode for a while now so I don't know why players would start preferring Cubecraft's version also before bedwars was added cubecraft egg wars averaged like 4 to 6k players before bedwars realised it averaged like 2k players which is the same if not lower players than bedwars.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
EggWars is an iconic game on CubeCraft and had been a prime focus when it comes to CubeCraft updates. The game also consists of multiple team modes and its own maps that took effort to create

EggWars is still contributing to the overall CubeCraft playercount as well. Despite how long BedWars has been out so far, there are still a decent amount of people playing EggWars. I feel like if those players wanted to switch to BedWars, they probably would have done so already

I think that CubeCraft is most likely in a “BedWars phase”, especially when its competitor The Hive is taken into consideration. BedWars is still a new game and will definitely be getting updates right now because of the current hype around it (and there’s also a hype around The Hive’s BedWars). It’s a Beta Game as well, so the game is still undergoing some fine-tuning

I played some BedWars Teams of 4 at one point and thought it was good, but I found myself returning to EggWars because I liked it better.
When BedWars was first announced to release on the server, many players found it controversial as it might be too similar to EggWars. Now it’s barely thought of that way because of how differently the two games work. Although the games both involve protecting something that allows you to respawn (an egg or bed), the games play so differently that players will choose the game they want to play based on personal preferences rather than on which game is “a better version of the other.” A player who enjoys EggWars isn’t guaranteed to enjoy BedWars as much and vice versa

If CubeCraft did remove EggWars, it would result in an angry and disappointed playerbase, a loss of players on the server, a loss of multiple games (when various team modes are considered), a loss of a multitude of well-made maps, financial loss (no more opportunities for egg skins, generator skins, egg break messages, etc to be purchased, especially through the EggWars Rank) and a loss of one of CubeCraft’s most iconic games in general.

I feel like removing EggWars would undoubtedly result in more negative outcomes than positive, and there’s not really any major reason to do so anyway

Edit: I personally think that there will still be a decent number of players who are more interested in EggWars than BedWars. In fact, some people might grow tired of BedWars and switch to EggWars

Last edited:

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
EggWars is an iconic game on CubeCraft and had been a prime focus when it comes to CubeCraft updates. The game also consists of multiple team modes and its own maps that took effort to create

EggWars is still contributing to the overall CubeCraft playercount as well. Despite how long BedWars has been out so far, there are still a decent amount of people playing EggWars. I feel like if those players wanted to switch to BedWars, they probably would have done so already

I think that CubeCraft is most likely in a “BedWars phase”, especially when its competitor The Hive is taken into consideration. BedWars is still a new game and will definitely be getting updates right now because of the current hype around it (and there’s also a hype around The Hive’s BedWars). It’s a Beta Game as well, so the game is still undergoing some fine-tuning

I played some BedWars Teams of 4 at one point and thought it was good, but I found myself returning to EggWars because I liked it better.
When BedWars was first announced to release on the server, many players found it controversial as it might be too similar to EggWars. Now it’s barely thought of that way because of how differently the two games work. Although the games both involve protecting something that allows you to respawn (an egg or bed), the games play so differently that players will choose the game they want to play based on personal preferences rather than on which game is “a better version of the other.” A player who enjoys EggWars isn’t guaranteed to enjoy BedWars as much and vice versa

If CubeCraft did remove EggWars, it would result in an angry and disappointed playerbase, a loss of players on the server, a loss of multiple games (when various team modes are considered), a loss of a multitude of well-made maps, financial loss (no more opportunities for egg skins, generator skins, egg break messages, etc to be purchased, especially through the EggWars Rank) and a loss of one of CubeCraft’s most iconic games in general.

I feel like removing EggWars would undoubtedly result in more negative outcomes than positive, and there’s not really any major reason to do so anyway
If eggwars will be removed i will stop playing CC

Reactions: CrystalLegend01

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel like in a few years bedwars will overshadow Eggwars which will overall lead to Eggwars shutting down
That's a somewhat valid concern, BUT I think it will take a long time and a severe lack of quality updates for eggwars and a ton of good updates for bedwars for that to ever happen.

Remember: despite a drop in player counts over the past months, eggwars is still the servers 2nd most popular gamemode, and it still has anywhere between 10-20% of the servers total player count on it at any given time.*

*Actually, as of the time I am writing this, eggwars is the mode with the most players, with bedwars being very narrowly behind it, it could very well change just minutes after this has been posted.

I dont think cubecraft would do that
With what I said above about how (UN-)likely that scenario is to occur player-number wise, if it does actually happen just remember that they were willing to almost completely remake eggwars when they noticed player counts on it were falling(keyword: season 2)

It is a classic gamemode, yes, but cubecraft isn't just a minigame network, its also a business.

There is no reason to keep gamemodes running that can financially be considered liabilities. A gamemode lacking players like that can definitely be considered a liability. Sure it'd piss some people off, but it'd save the server a lot of money, which at the end of the day is more important as it means more profit or more money that can be reinvested into other areas of the server which in turn means that those angry players can be replaced.

If they were to remove one of these gamemodes, they'd not do it based on which one is the classic, they'd do it based on which one is worth keeping. As of right now, both are worth keeping, both are highly popular, none of them are truly dead or dying yet.

The two gamemodes are also different from each other. It seems like with eggwars they are going back to the direction of more fast paced gameplay targetted more towards grinders (based on what changes were announced for season 3), while with bedwars its visible they are going for a slower paced gamemode where going through defences takes a lot of effort and a lot of pain with resources, the ingame economy as well as (extremely basic) planning and strategizing taking a more important role.

Its very well possible they intend on targetting two completely different playerbases with those gamemodes in the future to avoid them competing with one another too much.

If eggwars will be removed i will stop playing CC
If eggwars will ever reach the point of removal, I don't think anyone will really care about you (or anyone else) leaving. What I mean is: if it ever gets this bad, Cubecraft will already be at a point where there are more important concerns than you (and probably several others) leaving.

Mr Jii Gamer

Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Never will be happen
Egg wars its best more than bed wars in all the time

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
That's a somewhat valid concern, BUT I think it will take a long time and a severe lack of quality updates for eggwars and a ton of good updates for bedwars for that to ever happen.

Remember: despite a drop in player counts over the past months, eggwars is still the servers 2nd most popular gamemode, and it still has anywhere between 10-20% of the servers total player count on it at any given time.*

*Actually, as of the time I am writing this, eggwars is the mode with the most players, with bedwars being very narrowly behind it, it could very well change just minutes after this has been posted.

With what I said above about how (UN-)likely that scenario is to occur player-number wise, if it does actually happen just remember that they were willing to almost completely remake eggwars when they noticed player counts on it were falling(keyword: season 2)

It is a classic gamemode, yes, but cubecraft isn't just a minigame network, its also a business.

There is no reason to keep gamemodes running that can financially be considered liabilities. A gamemode lacking players like that can definitely be considered a liability. Sure it'd piss some people off, but it'd save the server a lot of money, which at the end of the day is more important as it means more profit or more money that can be reinvested into other areas of the server which in turn means that those angry players can be replaced.

If they were to remove one of these gamemodes, they'd not do it based on which one is the classic, they'd do it based on which one is worth keeping. As of right now, both are worth keeping, both are highly popular, none of them are truly dead or dying yet.

The two gamemodes are also different from each other. It seems like with eggwars they are going back to the direction of more fast paced gameplay targetted more towards grinders (based on what changes were announced for season 3), while with bedwars its visible they are going for a slower paced gamemode where going through defences takes a lot of effort and a lot of pain with resources, the ingame economy as well as (extremely basic) planning and strategizing taking a more important role.

Its very well possible they intend on targetting two completely different playerbases with those gamemodes in the future to avoid them competing with one another too much.
Yes
If eggwars will ever reach the point of removal, I don't think anyone will really care about you (or anyone else) leaving. What I mean is: if it ever gets this bad, Cubecraft will already be at a point where there are more important concerns than you (and probably several others) leaving.
Yes, but this will probably be the same for many other players.

NADER KANAAN

Nov 3, 2023
Mars
Pronouns
He/Him
Nop I don't think .there is 20k+ players in CCG so I don't think
There is a player like bedwars and there is a player like eggwars and....

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
That is true.
Yer I agree with that as well.
Well if that is the case Cubecraft losing to Hive in that regard. 💀
The game's concept could easily be transferred into the current Eggwars though killing the server's uniqueness.
By then cubecraft has probably added cosmetics into bedwars alongside Solos and Mega.
True but like adrian525pIsaid here: "Cubecraft isn't just a minigame network, it is also a business and there is no reason to keep game modes running that are financially considered liabilities. e.g. Eggwars."

Great comment adrian525pI. That pretty much sums up what I am worried about with Eggwars.

Overall, as of right now, it doesn't look like Eggwars will be removed soon, but with the amount of effort being put into bedwars and the decrease in players playing Eggwars, it is not far from being a possibility. 🤷🏽
Edit: I personally think that there will still be a decent number of players who are more interested in EggWars than BedWars. In fact, some people might grow tired of BedWars and switch to EggWars

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on 𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹's profile.
grats pro! 🎉
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
grats warrior! 🎊
sirpickle1966 wrote on Jerry201o's profile.
hi jerry
BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
Why did you not join finny's party?
Top Bottom