Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Lucky Islands, try to stay on topic!

h0rrifyd

Jul 17, 2024
www.youtube.com
Hello there, i've been playing luckyblock for a while now, and i noticed that these 2 maps (Cakes) and (Islands) have it so that you can't get to middle with the blocks you get from the block luckyblock which is annoying, cakes for now is very chill and managable BUT ISLAND ONE just no, its very very annoying, we need that map or adjust it so that its more managable to get to the middle. There been times where i just get to the side island and get stuck cuz i have no blocks, idk if thats intentionall building design but i mainly just skip those maps for now. I would like to hear your opinions about these 2 maps or other maps that you have issues with.

1. Cakes
2024-07-23_20-08-24-png.232080

2. Islands
2024-07-23_20.09.36.png

Attachments

• 2024-07-23_20.08.24.png
    2024-07-23_20.08.24.png
    714.8 KB · Views: 160

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This is probably the best opinion I’ve heard all month. I 100% agree, if I ever was going to make feedback about the map design of lucky islands solos maps these 2 are definitely the worst. I liked lucky islands a lot more when there weren’t any blocks lucky blocks but islands didn’t have any really large gaps you needed to cross. It encourages you to ration the blocks you do have and spares you when you don’t get a lot of blocks, and the builder kit exists (at least on bedrock which is what I play) for those who want extra blocks to use. It also helped the game mode stand out from skywars, where I remember being given stacks of blocks at a time and expected to bridge very far.

These 2 most recent maps (thank god the second one is seasonal) unforgivingly expect you to bridge extreme lengths to get from island to island, which is not fitting in lucky islands at all, as it is a lot easier to not have enough resources to cross these lengths, and many players tend to choose to not leave their spawn island.

These maps have me worried that the design quality of lucky islands maps may be decreasing or the design of the game as a whole is slowly moving away from what it once was and is becoming more similar to skywars. Either way, I dislike many of the changes that have been made to lucky islands solos and these maps are a perfect example. Just writing these paragraphs kind of makes me want to work on a feedback post regarding all of them, the good and the bad.

h0rrifyd

Jul 17, 2024
www.youtube.com
This is probably the best opinion I’ve heard all month. I 100% agree, if I ever was going to make feedback about the map design of lucky islands solos maps these 2 are definitely the worst. I liked lucky islands a lot more when there weren’t any blocks lucky blocks but islands didn’t have any really large gaps you needed to cross. It encourages you to ration the blocks you do have and spares you when you don’t get a lot of blocks, and the builder kit exists (at least on bedrock which is what I play) for those who want extra blocks to use. It also helped the game mode stand out from skywars, where I remember being given stacks of blocks at a time and expected to bridge very far.

These 2 most recent maps (thank god the second one is seasonal) unforgivingly expect you to bridge extreme lengths to get from island to island, which is not fitting in lucky islands at all, as it is a lot easier to not have enough resources to cross these lengths, and many players tend to choose to not leave their spawn island.

These maps have me worried that the design quality of lucky islands maps may be decreasing or the design of the game as a whole is slowly moving away from what it once was and is becoming more similar to skywars. Either way, I dislike many of the changes that have been made to lucky islands solos and these maps are a perfect example. Just writing these paragraphs kind of makes me want to work on a feedback post regarding all of them, the good and the bad.
Totally agree with this, i play on java, and holy, the distance you need to travel to in Island map is unjustifiable, i think that map was made for regular skywars and just got put in lucky islands, the map design is awesome and i do like it, just the distance with the blocks you are given is criminal. Thank you for you're reply!

buddybear232

Jul 10, 2024
Hello there, i've been playing luckyblock for a while now, and i noticed that these 2 maps (Cakes) and (Islands) have it so that you can't get to middle with the blocks you get from the block luckyblock which is annoying, cakes for now is very chill and managable BUT ISLAND ONE just no, its very very annoying, we need that map or adjust it so that its more managable to get to the middle. There been times where i just get to the side island and get stuck cuz i have no blocks, idk if thats intentionall building design but i mainly just skip those maps for now. I would like to hear your opinions about these 2 maps or other maps that you have issues with.

1. Cakes

2. Islands
View attachment 232081
fr

Reactions: h0rrifyd

luminance69

Jul 26, 2024
Pronouns
He/Him

1. Cakes

2. Islands
View attachment 232081
I totally agree. I dont like these maps.

Reactions: h0rrifyd

Sardonyq

Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not sure, just because a map is boring or frustrating doesn't mean it should be banned. I feel if there's an outright issue with the map, or it's exploitable in some fashion, then maybe it'd make more sense.

Velocidad

Jan 10, 2021
Spain
Cubecraft actually does map rotations every 3 months where they remove few maps and add few new ones to the game modes. Maybe these maps should be among those that will get removed next, since I agree that they are pretty boring compared to rest of the maps 👀

Here is the most recent map rotation in case you are interested.
+ And precisely these two maps are "seasonal maps", Cakes that was included in Valentine's Day (I don't know why they didn't remove it in the May map rotation). And Islands is from the summer season, in theory when this summer season ends they would have to remove it but the same thing should have happened with Cakes and they didn't remove it.

Reactions: Loskol

karioton

Aug 16, 2023

1. Cakes

2. Islands
View attachment 232081
There's a reason why Lucky Islands is not "limited" like other games (skywars, bedwars, etc..). You are able to freely BUILD/BREAK blocks anywhere and gather resources from anywhere. There are many ways to get blocks from your island itself (the easiest one being getting wood since each log becomes 4 plank blocks).

Edit: I would like to add that this freedom is what makes lucky islands my favorite game :)

Sardonyq

Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
Pronouns
He/Him
There's a reason why Lucky Islands is not "limited" like other games (skywars, bedwars, etc..). You are able to freely BUILD/BREAK blocks anywhere and gather resources from anywhere. There are many ways to get blocks from your island itself (the easiest one being getting wood since each log becomes 4 plank blocks).

Edit: I would like to add that this freedom is what makes lucky islands my favorite game :)
That's a good point, while Skywars and Lucky Block Islands look the same they play out differently. I appreciate that aspect of Lucky Block Islands, compared to skyblock where you loot the chests and run, LBI you actually take a second and get ready to head to the center.

karioton

Aug 16, 2023
Yeah! And this freedom also makes it possible to design so many traps, and have some strategic kills (or even deaths :P)!
That's a good point, while Skywars and Lucky Block Islands look the same they play out differently. I appreciate that aspect of Lucky Block Islands, compared to skyblock where you loot the chests and run, LBI you actually take a second and get ready to head to the center.

Reactions: TheMrSpacee

h0rrifyd

Jul 17, 2024
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure, just because a map is boring or frustrating doesn't mean it should be banned. I feel if there's an outright issue with the map, or it's exploitable in some fashion, then maybe it'd make more sense.
its the bridging issue in these maps, the blocks you get and the needed amount to go to middle just doesnt work

h0rrifyd

Jul 17, 2024
www.youtube.com

this is a good thing, i like it too, just compared with any other map but these 2 its an issue lmao

ItzGreenWolf

Mar 9, 2023
United States
Pronouns
He/Him

1. Cakes

2. Islands
View attachment 232081
Maps are alright
🫠

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
anywhere but here
Pronouns
He/She/They
i remembered doing a weekly challenge related to lucky blocks and i instantly requeued every time it chose cakes 😭

usually i won't be able to get enough blocks to go to mid on that map, ig they can do balancing and stuff with it

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Lxk5z wrote on GoodGuyZEK's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
UncleSpect wrote on StaticGinger8's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on itzjuan2195's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
LOTR extended editions you have the keys to my heart.
coolzombiee wrote on itzjuan2195's profile.
feliz cumpleaños or happy birthday!
Top Bottom